Yog

Learning about other cultures trough music.

9 posts in this topic

Its a simple exploratory thread. I know there are people from all around the world around here.
I thought it would be great to hear any local music that is loved strongly by your local culture.

I am not familiar if other languages have this wording and distinction.
But where I live we use the term "source music" as to distinguish from regular "folk music"
Source music is usually deeper and more emotional than your typical party folk music.

I will start with myself.

I am also not sure where this should go. I guess this is the right sub-forum.

@Willie Nice!
I've listened to this quite a few times.
Its so good. I bet he gives high level quests too!

Do I have to post music from my own country?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

This probably doesn't fit your criteria, but still gives an interesting insight into german techno music culture.

I feel like the clear, cold, mechanical sound of techno is a pretty good reflection of the german mindset

Edited by Godhead

@Opo Wow....hahahah.

Damn that song always brings me the image of pixies, dwarves, or gnomes walking in a row, carrying something on their backs/shoulders. Its almost feels like a near death hallucination hahaha.

I first heard it back in the days when I played Heroes of New Earth. They had the version bellow in there. Its quite addictive.

+ 1 for the trump/biden version hahaha .

@datamonster  I should have seen that coming lol xD

@Rilles Its preferable, but you can shoot anything you resonate with. I think music is a key archetypal component when it comes to forming the collective egos of people. It gives a certain overtone, vibe, feel, a mindset. This is mostly what I am interested in exploring. Its a feely thing.

@Godhead Thanks, I, ll give it a look. I am not much into techno but still as a musician I find the technical/machine/industrial way of approaching music quite amusing. :D

Now some songs of failed weddings:

Here is a Swedish folk song about a female troll that wants to marry a human man. Its such a great song.

And a Macedonian folk cover from a Slovenian band.
A song about a macedonian girl running away trough the fields from a turk that wants to force marry her.