Cammy

A Moment Of Pure Happiness

4 posts in this topic

"Happiness = 1/ego." Having heard Leo talk about this before I want to ask others if they remember a moment  in their lives when they experienced pure happiness (ego = 0) and why they think it happened?

@Cammy For me it happened after doing Self-Enquiry a year ago, it was like 15 seconds maybe more, but still best moment of my life. I was literally shaking and crying after. But all this experiences pass and you have to do your laundry.

I have no idea if I've ever gotten to ego = 0 but I've definitely had some intense experiences.

For instance, I can remember the first time I got REALLY PRESENT after doing meditation for awhile. It was like the first time I'd ever actually been happy. I walked around for like 2 hours in this blissed out state, really crazy.

Because ego can only survive in mental fairy tale land, presence is like a reduction in ego. You're not really "thinking", you're kind of just aware. And so you experience what IS when you don't place labels or judgments or any kind.

I've never had complete 'egoless'  moments but I have had plenty of what I call peak experiences during which my ego has been largely 'irrelevent' and I've felt only pure peace, bliss, joy of the moment. A sense of beauty of the moment I guess. These experiences usually happened during moments where I was expecting nothing from the moment, and I was in complete acceptance of the moment. I often happens when I out in nature, There's a certain sense of 'awe' that accompanies it too. Everything about the 'story' of my life would become like a distant dream and in that moment, there was no story, no fears or worries, no 'life' as such.

It's a beautiful thing.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu