Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FeelFree

Self-actualized University

5 posts in this topic

I'm right before going to a university and I still don't know which one should I choose, so it came to my mind that it would be amazing if somewhere in the world would exist some university, where it would be possible to study personal development. Do you know some?

saintleo-logo.png

just kidding

I do not think that there exists such a university. It is possible that at a few universities are some courses regarding to personal development themes by psychology professors. But the main thing you will learn at university is building a strong work ethic.

@FeelFree Maybe you could start a course in personal development in a university when your older. There is a degree in Cristiano Ronaldo (A famous soccer player) in The University of British Columbia! Surely there should be a degree on personal development! You could be the guy to start it.;)

I could imagine that in a few years there will be specializations for life coaching in psychology degrees. Many many people have miserable lives. Maybe academics will recognize the demand for life coaches and build such specialization choices.

Take a look at Leo's clip below. He goes and explains short term happiness and long term happiness. If you can identify your long term happiness, and incorporate that into your life purpose, then a university will work out for you. Basically, long term happiness is doing things you love that could fit into your life purpose. Then, when you choose university course, things fall into place, cause you know which one to choose.