Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Libra

Discrepancies of Mind and Action

4 posts in this topic

Fellow actualizers, I am in need of guidance. 

Lets discuss the mechanisms behind the discrepancies of action and mind.
And how to break free from the default mode network (ego) and to balance mind and action.

---
To elaborate on my perspective, I got throttled into actualization in my late teens (18-20) through psychedelic usage and a heavy duty curiosity, which shattered my sense of self, identity, sparked an insatiable curiosity and placed me in a wild limbo that have taken years to sort and which still is pretty slushy. I probably over-used psychedelics in the early days, mostly going for the most midfucks (although mindfucks were always things that break down reality and existence itself), so most trips where somewhat spiritually eventful. Albeit there was zero integration. Which accumulated a large repository of "theory" and a massive discrepancy of MIND and ACTION. Which I still struggle with to this date. The later psychedelic experiences where gradually reduced to superficials rather than breakthroughs due to this particular train of thought: "I know what I have to do, I have to integrate and learn in order to balance the discrepancy between mind and action before I'll allow myself another breakthrough, so that I can build a solid foundation rather than a house of glass". A hang up the phone when you get the message type of thing. Which makes sense, although now its been 5 years since the last breakthrough trip, all other trips have been superficial. And there has been a rather disappointing decline in my curiosity and drive towards the mystical. Which do correlate with a lot of science on psychology and the default mode network becoming more rigid as we progress through our mid-late twenties. This tallies to a rather insignificant change in behavior (i.e. integration) when we circle back to that train of thought above.

Now at 25 I still feel this massive discrepancy between the actions I vision to pursue and the actions I actually perform. This unimaginably powerful resistance, that always manage to pull life back into this rudimentary state of a pleasure seeking comfortable sack of meat that I was in my early teens. The most frustrating aspect being that I have experienced life at the other end, and I envision to break free and return to a state of challenge and plasticity. Yet, when I wake up in the morning this blanket of legitimate physiological force keeps me in a state of lowered frequency that engulf my energies and cast me into a primal comfort seeking being. Now, this isn't every day, responsibilities seems as of now to be the main drive for action. However, when there are no responsibilities for a day, the meatsack returns instantly. Currently, around 40-50% of my week have sufficient responsibility demands allowing me to perform some main actions that are actualizing, such as reading, writing, project work and contemplation. The other half of the week is just abhorring. I feel a large lack of satisfaction with my performance, particularly in comparison with earlier performances. Which is why I'm writing this. When it comes to exercise however, there seems to be this universal exception whereby I have athlete-level performance regardless of any other responsibilities. 

I've observed a particularly interesting circle in my life, that follows this. I find life in these states of low frequency behavior, whereby the discrepancy is massive, which ultimately lead to increasing frustration and restlessness - which then explode into a period of rather impressive performance and general high freq behaviors, only to come crashing down spectacularly. I wouldn't have minded this that much if it weren't for the low freq being over-represented. There seems to be almost a all-or-nothing type of pattern to these states. 

Now, what are some strategies that facilitate a re-balance of mind and action, how can I return to this sense of every action being of intentional integrity rather than a sleepy grasp or a restlessly frustrated catch-up. A recurring thought is that I might just be a little to harsh with myself, which admittedly I probably am. Although when you know you can do better it becomes rather difficult to just let that potential dissipate. There is some discomfort in this discrepancy that just cant be neglected. 

What are your insights? 

I start with the following affirmation for my wars in life:

1. Heart

2. Mind 

3. Gut

This can be stretched further by the above being connected in the following ways:

1. Heart - Love

2. Mind - Intellect

3. Gut - Action

So everything I do I want to be predicated by Love which is only possible if my Heart is online, the same too for my intelligence (Mind) and my actions (Gut) what precedes them also needs to be online they're to be in full force for the task at hand to the best of my ability at the time. Also, the Heart springs fourth to the Mind and the Mind to the Gut as it concerns the order in which full authorship and implementation of action is going to take place. 

If you want you can take those bridge connections as far as you want:

1. Heart - Love - Connection - "    " 

2. Mind - Intellect - Strategy -  "   "

3. Gut - Action - Implementation - "   "

This is what I'd follow to describe what can be referred to as the unifying of consciousness (some might say Unity Consciousness altogether). 

It's important as well not to see Love as just a feminine quality, its not, Love for me at least directly leads to the Courage I need to express myself fully in a moment which may, depending on the situation, lead to the full manifestation of rebellion. Love guides the way for the expression of love is what you've chosen, which does not mean self-sacrificing, it simply means the embodiment of your being and the universe it simultaneously encapsulates and is encapsulated by and the expression of that, and of course, there are various wavelengths and energy we can be on there, that is up to ones developed intuition and growth at the time, a being simply has to and has no other choice than to simply "start where they're at".

It will be useful to have something to point to in your actions, for this I strive for unity as described in the following which automatically puts my consciousness to work to come up with subsidiary goals to achieve that aim, you'll have to come up with your own to affirm your own directionality, so your Heart knows exactly where to point itself from the perspective of the Mind leading to the Gut:

There are areas in your life where you must strive for rebellion, using the force of love will help you understand love in this way and change your relationship with it if that's at all a problem there. 

To me that's exactly what my intuition is saying here, there's an energetic blockage occurring and you've gotta either release or add more aspects of your heart, secondly, that there isn't a lot of connection with rebellion in the context of Love. It's each to their own recipe though, we all have to find what works for us as individuals.

To really make something manifest in this life, which can happen RIGHT NOW IN THIS MOMENT, you have to have all three of those centres working to a degree to MANIFEST WHAT YOU WANT right now at the WILL of your being (relative to our capabilities).

One very important reason why your Heart is there is so that you can tap into energies that your Mind can't reach but still push your Mind and Gut in various ways, so don't overthink it, that usually is not the beginning step, its the step that's usually just involved when you have to make sense of things or you want to explore various possibilities of your imagination, of which is a process which is better facilitated when its predicated by the Heart Centres.

@Origins
Fascinating, the follow up then is how to enable the heart? 

What are some methods to practice this unification? 

Do you have any literature I might delve into to further expand on this?