Cosmin_Visan

The employment of flower-power talk to hide the lack of real understanding

73 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

But it hurts destroys without an after-relief and expansion "orgasm" or reconstruction until the very very end.

Destruction is the necessary path to realization. The star has to fall before it dawns. Meanwhile, stargazers can honor the journey, while experiencing the dawning of themselves.

I do get what you are saying, and I qualify this with the caveat that torrential destruction is beyond the scope of a forum like this. What I saw so far didn't strike me as torrential, but it is not my call to make.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

21 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

But I really think we need more people who is a scientist and a non dualist. 

I agree. My sense is that ultimately science and spirituality will realize. Probably not in this lifetime, but the particle acceleration is increasing, and I will be here when they ultimately collide. What a fucking fireworks display that will be. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

My sense is toward inclusion, even disruptive inclusion. There are rare outliers, but unless there is perpetual, deep disruption, I say let them stay.

The disruptor is experiencing the results of his disruption. That itself can be educational, with enough accumulation. The ego tends to suffocate itself, given enough expression.

The disruption is a gift to us, too. It is a foil, or a mirror, for our own spiritual development.

It is easy to love people with little ego. Growth needs resistance; let this be a spiritual gym for building muscle. ?

I agree, but I would add that there is no "disruption" if there is no reaction to what is said to be disruptive. The fact we react to "disruptive people" reveals much more about us than it reveals about them. 

@Cosmin_Visan I saw you had a paper called "I am" 

If you're reading this, let that phrase "I am" eat away your understanding of reality. Besides "I am", or some simple paraphrase like "is", what else can you know is true for sure? Subtract everything you don't know to be true, and become empty. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I read his article and I think he has some potential for integrating science and metaphysics. I’d put his article at a college freshman level. If he is self taught, that would add to his potential. 

A block to skill development is not being teachable. Having an antagonistic attitude is not conducive to skill development. For example, his experimental design and analysis in his article was crude - exactly how it should be for a beginner with potential. I could have given him some feedback on his work and helped him develop skills in this area. Yet rather than seeing me (and others) as helpers, he saw me as an adversarial threat and went into defensive conflict mode. Perceiving others as unworthy is a block - especially seeing teachers and coaches as threats. 

Imagine a personality that was fun to be around. Someone that is curious and gets excited about about learning. Someone that collaborates well with others. Someone that people like to have around. Those are the one’s that get good letters of recommendation. The one’s that get apprenticeships. The one’s that others see as being lucky. “Suzy just got an awesome internship to work in a lab in Australia. Things always seem to work out for Suzy”. Well, Suzy isn’t an argumentative egomaniac that tells her fellow students and teachers how stupid they are. She isn’t toxic to group projects. Her coworkers don’t dread seeing her in the lab. People don’t avoid her. Rather, Suzy has a great attitude. She works well with others and has a good attitude. 

Intellectual potential is not enough to be truly successful. Mindset, attitude and social skills are also important. I routinely turn away 4.0 students with shitty attitudes from joining my lab. It sucks being around them in the lab and trying to mentor them when they are constantly starting fights. And they screw up lab dynamics. It’s a miserable atmosphere and group productivity goes down. I’d much rather have a 2.0 student with a great attitude. 

@Forestluv

Powerful words man, so true in regard to hiring & opportunities as well. It extrapolates imo to creating & the whole of experience as well. Somehow I am ‘one of the lucky ones’, apparently, as my YouTube feed of video recommendations have been of woke quantum physicists for years. (Like ‘yourself’ sir)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

54 minutes ago, 4201 said:

I agree, but I would add that there is no "disruption" if there is no reaction to what is said to be disruptive. The fact we react to "disruptive people" reveals much more about us than it reveals about them. 

We create our own reality, see it, and invoke it, in others.

@Forestluv Consciousness loves nothing more than an eager learner, brimming with alacrity, and ready to receive all that is offered. :)

I personally hate it when someone tries to paint himself as superior and others as inferior without actually having any substance. In this case, the guy came in here and started making noise and drawing attention to himself. When I came close, I did not see someone trying to offer anything to anyone. All he was doing is just telling everyone here that they are donkeys and that he's a human, and that humans are superior to donkeys. This is problematic for me because it's condescending. If you want to be treated well, treat others well. I did not come here expecting people to be my teachers, although I like to be a student of a peer student, a friend who does not give me arrogant and condescending vibes. In the main site, it says that this is a place for like-minded people. To me, that means I should be expecting peers who are willing to be talking to me at my level, regardless of their or my actual level. Otherwise, it's just condescending and won't be fruitful. So this place becomes useless or just a playground for egomaniacs, which beats its original purpose.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Here is something related to flowers, just to brighten up the mood ;)

Look at the number 6. Is it just a number? No, it is more than that. Every number is more than that, more than just a number. There is no such thing as a number being the same as another number. True? So they each have unique qualities. Don't they. You could call them archetypes, or platonic forms. Yes, and that could be more than enough. Wouldn't it?

Look more closely. You can see in the picture here that I have drawn a number 6 and also a figure consisting of 6 circles arranged in a circle.

The number 6 is just there to remind you of how you feel when you see that number. Look at it, don't think anything, and just see how you feel.

The reason why I have placed the six circles together is because I want to show you something. Something about the qualities of the number 6.

Here they are, at least in my eyes due to a combination of how I feel when I see that number, and what I know from looking at the picture of the dots.

When I see the number 6, I think... 'relationship', immediately. When I see the picture, I see there is harmony in this number, and it is beautiful of course, because as you can see the dots arrange to make a flower pattern. Like a flower. But here is the problem. There is nothing in the middle. No dot in the middle. You need the number 7 for that. It is complete. The number 6 isn't.

124692657_389113005836854_8629508695281597079_o.jpg

@Cosmin_Visan The perspective or angle I take is this. What this spiritual work is about is peeling off the filters of false knowing and faulty perception. 

You don't have to believe anything people tell you about "infinite intelligence" or whatever else you criticised. In your previous posts however you made an error in how you approached it. You skipped genuine engagement, learning and instead went straight to mockery which achieved nothing.

You should be smart enough to know why criticising people having glimpses of "infinite intelligence" (if it's real) by asking them to bridge quantum mechanics and general relativity is absurd. Your absolutist metric of intelligence is narrow and completely arbitrary , and you aren't open to another level which surpasses the cultural mainstream. 

For an analogy. As you know in maths/physics, an infinite object needn't be infinite along every dimension (of perception or possibility), and there are different sized infinities. And that analogy completely aside, you asking to bridge quantum mechanics and general relativity as your metric is a joke.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Actions have consequences, yet I also try to be mindful that I don't know the driving force underlying the behavior.

I spent most of my adult life insecure about my intelligence. I wasn't aware of it at the time, yet it's been revealed to me I had a deep insecurity of not being smart enough. Quite often I would get in debates as winning a debate would relieve the insecurity. I also tried to get approval from people I deemed intelligent and put others down so I could feel more intelligent. I over-achieved to prove to myself and others I was smart enough and good enough. I was often called arrogant and that I was condescending to others. I came across as an ass sometimes and felt bad at times, yet didn't know why. 

Poor behavior has consequences, yet I also try to keep in mind that we are all human and humans have frailties that drive poor behavior at times.