Cosmin_Visan

The employment of flower-power talk to hide the lack of real understanding

73 posts in this topic

Why do spiritual people employ empty flower-power talk to hide their lack of real understanding ? When you ask them a question, they just say "God is beyond questions. God is at peace." and by saying such an empty bunch of words they feel satisfied with themselves that they don't need to put in the efforts and thus their real lack of understanding is safe. Well... is not safe. You cannot trick an intelligent person with such puerile attitude. So why are you doing it ? Who do you think you are impressing ?

And as a side note, with such an attitude, I cannot stop wondering what kind of jobs these people have in real life. Can they be engineers ? Can they tell to their manager: "We don't need to make sure this bridge doesn't collapse. God is at peace. God will save all the drivers!" ?

It's simple: you project your own ignorance onto them. But of course your ego cannot handle such a possibility, so you just double down on your projections.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Cosmin_Visan said:

Again your monosyllabic way of answering. Just proving once more the very subject of this topic.

Yes, exactly. Keep digging your own grave.

Why do you have a stick up your butt about this? What are you afraid of? Do you suppose everyone should be like you? Do you suppose more talk is better than simple wisdom?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Cosmin_Visan why can't you see the absolute magic in flower talk? 

There is more power in a flower than in a sword... See???? 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's simple: you project your own ignorance onto them. But of course your ego cannot handle such a possibility, so you just double down on your projections.

Besides, such an answer can be applyed to anything. And when the same answer is given to different questions, it becomes empty. For anything anyone says, you can at any time say: "is just you ego talking". Well, of course. What else is there if not egos ? So, your point ? Aaa... I know what your point is. Is just your ego that cannot handle such a possibility, so you just double down on your projections.

Edited by Cosmin_Visan

"No, you hang up first."

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

12 minutes ago, Cosmin_Visan said:

Why do spiritual people employ empty flower-power talk to hide their lack of real understanding ? When you ask them a question, they just say "God is beyond questions. God is at peace." and by saying such an empty bunch of words they feel satisfied with themselves that they don't need to put in the efforts and thus their real lack of understanding is safe. Well... is not safe. You cannot trick an intelligent person with such puerile attitude. So why are you doing it ? Who do you think you are impressing ?

And as a side note, with such an attitude, I cannot stop wondering what kind of jobs these people have in real life. Can they be engineers ? Can they tell to their manager: "We don't need to make sure this bridge doesn't collapse. God is at peace. God will save all the drivers!" ?

Explaining is a skill that can be developped. Understanding something doesn't mean you can teach it, nor does it mean you have a reason to explain it to others. 

You say they lack real understanding. How do you know? If you judge their understanding to how well they explain, well surely your perspective on their understanding is quite limited. On top of that, what you are attacking here is a strawman of a stereotype you constructed. Anyone considering themselves a "spiritual person" is already quite phony. If you met an actually spiritual person you wouldn't notice it. People who brand themselves as "spiritual" are not doing spirituality, they are developing a spiritual ego.

Edited by 4201

Do not argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference between you. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@Cosmin_Visan Banned

??

He had it coming.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Cosmin_Visan Banned

Be here to learn.

Up to you but, 2 years ago I was like this too. I ended up learning despite all my projections, arguments and suppressed negativity.

Is he the problem or is our reaction to him the problem?

It really IS hard to get a donkey to look in the mirror. Let alone recognize his own reflection. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@4201 There is only so much closedmindedness we will tolerate here.

I am long past the days of bending over backwards to accomodate every arrogant fool who stumbles into these teachings. If you want a serious person to teach you, then show that you are serious about learning.

An advanced teaching demands an advanced student, not a child.

lmao, he just wants to intellectualize Awakening / Non-Duality without any sort of experiential understanding. 

The fact you think truly awakened beings couldn't be an Engineer is funny, the paradox is, they'd likely be an incredible engineer if they wanted to & actually create things to benefit the System as a whole. 

Definitely shows several dangers of this work- 

• Wanting to intellectualize everything in life & believing the mind is the master 
  • Not being able to conflate absolute & relative truths 
  • Going into any endeavor with your 'Cup already full', it means you aren't ready to learn. This isn't just true of spirituality. It's like going to a basketball coach, him telling you how to improve your game & then you saying nah fuck that, gonna carry on how I was as I must be right.

Tbf, this Forum isn't ideal for new seekers, as I feel you need a base understanding to gain anything from most discussions. 

@Leo Gura @Nahm maybe we could create a 'New To Non-Duality / Spirituality Thread' which recommends some of the best books, videos, teachings etc that help new people understand the path? 

I know you have your booklist & videos, but sometimes so much choice can be overwhelming, perhaps finding the 3 best Beginner books & videos for examples with help people at the start, and will prevent very entry level questions & situations like this. 

Almost like if you were going to teach someone to Code, you'd expect them to know how to turn on the computer & the basics of technology, you wouldn't want to have to teach them the very, very basicS? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

4 minutes ago, 4201 said:

Up to you but, 2 years ago I was like this too. I ended up learning despite all my projections, arguments and suppressed negativity.

Is he the problem or is our reaction to him the problem?

The guy was not even arguing. He's been on a rationalistic spree for the past day, without trying to understand the other side even for once. Just looping around back and forth in a circle.

Yeah LOL he dismissed everyones insight for not solving a science problem and calling everything a hallucination and delusion.

This is the problem with an extreme ego.

He does not even listen or try to understand other people only to dismiss and say that its flower power bullshit. 

And he thinks he knows how and what a psychedelic are.

Well you cant even imagine what it is like until you do it.

It is sad to see that some are parading like open minded but they are in fact utterly closed minded if it does not give "proof" for his worldview.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

28 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Cosmin_Visan why can't you see the absolute magic in flower talk? 

There is more power in a flower than in a sword... See???? 

Would a flower protect me from a man who tries to behead my family?