SamueLSD

For the 100th time; does mars exist??

51 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@SamueLSD

I’d let it go completely. I would be single pointed in the opposite, more foundational sense, with daily morning med, clean diet, aligning thought w feeling, using the dreamboard and co-creating the greatest life you can dream up.

Would you call that the bliss of ignorance? 

Surely some devotion to curiosity is necessary for enlightenment?

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@Nahm Or are you saying that if I let it go, the answer will arise on it's own

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

1 hour ago, SamueLSD said:

Would you call that the bliss of ignorance? 

No.  I’d call it waking up to the actuality, the continuance of that you are creator-creation-creating. 

Surely some devotion to curiosity is necessary for enlightenment?

You’ve no shortage of curiosity already, and nothing is ever necessary, and there is no getting enlightened, there is no ‘for’ enlightenment. Drop that for what’s right in front of you - that which you are creating right now - that which is your life and all the experiences in it. Create that. Notice that. 

1 hour ago, SamueLSD said:

@Nahm Or are you saying that if I let it go, the answer will arise on it's own

That isn’t letting go. That is causation, determinism, contingency, expectation, the tit for tat of a you... ‘if’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm So being happy and creating achieves in a more direct 'pathless' way what the pursuit is in essence also trying to achieve; clarity / truth? 

20 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Of course  Mars exists. How else can Elon Musk make money? 

???

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

44 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

So being happy and creating achieves in a more direct 'pathless' way what the pursuit is in essence also trying to achieve; clarity / truth? 

You can not be happy and creating, you are happiness-creation-creating. To me it sounds like you have a concept of climbing a mountain, achieving enlightenment, clarity, truth. You were not born with such a concept, you were born of and as happiness-creation-creating. You do not seem to realize ‘it’ is always letting go, deconstructing, seeing through, untangling...vs perpetuating the story of a you and somewhere to get to. (You’re what’s creating that story, and you’re what’s experiencing precisely that.) There is much to let go of. 

If every time you gave me a dollar, I gave you ten - what percentage of your money would you give me?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, SamueLSD said:

Others replying believe that I'm a materialist looking for a direct answer, however I was mostly just confused as to how certain teachers explain the nature of consciousness. Of course mars exists, it is literally physically affecting me right now, as all things are entangled. Which also implies it doesn't exist separately from everything else ( Oneness )

reality is consciousness. you are experiencing reality right now. The nature of consciousness is direct experience. What you are experiencing right now? That is reality, and it is consciousness.

Mars doesn’t exist. It only exists in imagination. Some will say you are imagining everything but that lack of distinction doesn’t help. Imagination is what you hold in your mind but do not experience otherwise. 

I don’t know what you’re saying about all things being entangled. The reality of Mars is an image we believe in; we do not experience the red planet directly. Our only direct experience of Mars is the faith we have that it exists. That faith is Mars’ existence. Imagination. We do not see Mars, we do not feel Mars, we only believe in Mars. That belief is exactly what imaginary means.

. It feels right to say; We are consciousness experiencing an inkling of the creative potential of consciousness, (that inkling being the 'physical' Universe ) through the limited perspective of mind. In other words, consciousness is the mind, which is limited ( finite ), but consciousness is not limited to the mind ( infinite ).

mind exists in consciousness. mind is an illusion; it is not really you. Mind is thoughts and imagination, and emotions. These exist in consciousness. They are an experience; as such they have reality, mind is exactly thought and imagination and emotion. Consciousness is prior to mind.

I am not experiencing mars, if I think about it, that is just thought, and if I actually somehow see it, I am still not experiencing it, that is just a sensation of sight.

You are experiencing Mars. As a thought, as imagination, as belief that the telescopic image is Mars, and the belief that mars exists outside of all of the above. 

On 23/11/2020 at 4:05 AM, 73809 said:

I don’t know what you’re saying about all things being entangled. 

Then how can you tell me mars does not exist? Watch Leo's vids on quantum mechanics if you haven't. 

On 23/11/2020 at 4:05 AM, 73809 said:

We do not see Mars, we do not feel Mars

Of course we can see it. how does that make it any more/less imaginary anyway? All we 'perceive' is imagination.

We can feel mars in the sense that it's gravity is constantly affecting us. (You cannot legitimately make a distinction between this and me flying directly to mars and planting a flag on it.) So it exists as potential.

Anyway, other than that you pretty much agreed with what I said. 

Gonna let this post die now, not much more can be said on the topic

On 23/11/2020 at 1:15 AM, Nahm said:

To me it sounds like you have a concept of climbing a mountain, achieving enlightenment, clarity, truth. 

Not really a concept, just a habit. Letting go can be hard without psychedelics in my opinion. Mind manages to make even letting go a goal to achieve, which is the opposite of letting go. Lol

On 21/11/2020 at 3:09 PM, SamueLSD said:

I've obsessed over this question so many times, never reaching a proper conclusion. I've listened to Leo, Rupert Spira, and others, and they indeed say history, planets, basically anything outside of my own experience is completely imaginary and a belief, only for them to contradict themselves . For example, they directly refer to the experience of others as if it exists. How does that work? 

So, my question: Are things outside of my direct experience  -  including the perspective of another  -  imaginary in the sense that reality is imaginary, ( and they DO exist but I just haven't experienced them in their actuality ), OR are they imaginary in the sense that the idea of Santa Claus is imaginary, and are literally not there until I in some way observe them / experience them?

If you care to comment your opinion, please elaborate on it rather than leave a blatant statement/fact that I can't contemplate further with.

Do not trust them, they are bery small part of reality. What does Mars tell you? Its silent on the matter, but I see it shining from time to time, very bright in the sky. Consensus reality: we are on a planet that revolves around the sun and the year is 2020. 

Notice if mars does not exist, Leo and rupert spira also don't, so why listen to someone who doesnt exist?

What leo and rupert talk about is another map of reality "more inline with direct experience " that is still a map, used for spiritual inquiry perhaps is good so you dont keep thinking about irrelevant stuff like mars.. But its not reality.

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

5 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Notice if mars does not exist, Leo and rupert spira also don't, so why listen to someone who doesnt exist?

hahaha, well you aren't wrong.

6 minutes ago, Dodo said:

What leo and rupert talk about is another map of reality "more inline with direct experience " that is still a map, used for spiritual inquiry perhaps is good so you dont keep thinking about irrelevant stuff like mars.. But its not reality.

Yes, I guess you cannot become enlightened by going around in circles contemplating something that isn't in the present moment. Good point.