Someone here

How do you explain these phenomenons?

61 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2020 at 11:54 AM, Someone here said:

But why can't the brain hallucinate stuff while awake? Is it because you are already hallucinating the waking world and you need to shut it off first to switch?

Well, how would dreaming and being awake at the same time look like? I don't think it is possible since your perspective has to be focused on one of them, so one needs to be shut off first. The closest we can get to such a thing is our thoughts. I am able to have very vivid thoughts. So, for me, thoughts are very similar to dreams actually, but the difference is that you are able to experience them while awake. I have personally seen my thoughts slowly manifest into dreams while I was drifting into sleep, so I am sure there is some sort of connection there. I actually think dreams are just very vivid thoughts, to the point where you start identifying with the characters in there. This would also explain the fact that it is actually impossible to have any inner monologue with yourself while inside a dream. The less associated you become with the waking state, the more easier it becomes to drift into and become a part of your thoughts. You can actually catch this happening while you drift into sleep.

Teal has a pretty good video on the more metaphysical aspects of dreaming, I think it is pretty accurate based on my experience. 

Describe a thought.

A year ago, I was listening to an album called "Traced in Air" by Cynic (prog rock/metal/jazz). I loved everything about it except some awful audio mixing and some annoying death metal growls that were just plastered on top without much consideration (it was a cliche in the genre).

I had this thought "ah what if they could just release a remixed version without the death metal vocals - it would be perfect!", and I'm not kidding: the day after I had that thought, they released a new album, and believe it or not, it was a remixed version of "Traced in Air" where they had fixed the audio and removed the annoying vocals. It was LITERALLY a gift from the gods.

Putting on that album for the first time was a surreal experience. That is no doubt one of the weirdest things that has ever happened to me.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Someone here

Here’s a mindfuck of synchronicity...when I was five I met a girl I knew was ‘the one’, she was five also. At that age there was of course no chemistry / attraction per se, we both just ‘knew’. Didn’t see her or hear from her at all again, went to different schools, etc. Bumped into her almost twenty years later, and we both knew that we both knew and had always known, and our ‘bumping into each other’ conversation was basically “hi.......hi.....wow right?...yeah, wow.”

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Here’s a mindfuck of synchronicity...when I was five I met a girl I knew was ‘the one’, she was five also. At that age there was of course no chemistry / attraction per se, we both just ‘knew’. Didn’t see her or hear from her at all again, went to different schools, etc. Bumped into her almost twenty years later, and we both knew that we both knew and had always known, and our ‘bumping into each other’ conversation was basically “hi.......hi.....wow right?...yeah, wow.”

Show off :ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

This shows that you probably didn't experience any deja vu in your life. The thing lasts for dam seconds. Seconds!  When are you going to record lol?. Besides when it happens you get this weird feeling of "I saw this before" and you are shocked.. And nothing else comes to your mind. 

Or this proves that you can't forsee anything but just feel like you can at certain times, which is the same thing that everyone experiences. You, like everyone, just lack the awareness to see what's really going on.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

On 11/13/2020 at 8:54 PM, Someone here said:

1 - deja vu. You are talking to someone and all the sudden you're like "I swear I saw this before.. This person is going to do this now.." and sure enough he does it lol .  What is this lol?

I'm not sure he does it. You are not being honest here. There is only the sensation that you will know what he will do, but actually what you feel is going to happen doesn't actually happen. Is just an illusion.

I will share this one. I was a teenager on a camping trip with my scout troop. Decided to split off from the group and go exploring. I hiked up into the Rockies, carving a path through the tangle of trees and brush. Suddenly I stopped, and was struck with this realization that I needed to put on my coat and gloves. It was an instant knowing. I had no idea why, but I did it. Literally after pushing through the next tangle, I ran into a live beehive. They swarmed me and I fell to the ground, rolling down the mountainside. When I got back to camp, my face was covered with bee stings, but my coat and gloves had protected everything else.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Gesundheit it seems like you are being skeptical just for the sake of it. You are not skeptical enough tho. Skepticism taken to it's ultimate conclusion goes full circle and eats itself. Have you been skeptical about your own skepticism? ;)

7 hours ago, Cosmin_Visan said:

I'm not sure he does it. You are not being honest here. There is only the sensation that you will know what he will do, but actually what you feel is going to happen doesn't actually happen. Is just an illusion.

No lol. Of course it happens. But only up to few seconds ahead and then you go back to normal perception. It's not that you can anticipate the future.. But the whole event seems as if it happened before precisely as it is happening now. 

@Carl-Richard @Nahm @Moksha cool stories guys!! Thanks for sharing. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

By the way, I tend to have moments of synchronicity atleast a couple of times every single day. I'm often listening to podcasts where people are speaking all the time, and sometimes I will be reading a word or doing something in another tab at the exact same time as the word is being said. It also happens with music lyrics when listening to music.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The word phenomenon is derived from the Greek words 'phainein' meaning 'bring to light' and 'phainesthai' meaning 'to appear'.

Oh my fucking God, it's a computer screen. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

By the way, I tend to have moments of synchronicity atleast a couple of times every single day. I'm often listening to podcasts where people are speaking all the time, and sometimes I will be reading a word or doing something in another tab at the exact same time as the word is being said. It also happens with music lyrics when listening to music.

Haha yes I'm experiencing so much synchronicity these days too. I guess it's related to LOA. Some say your mind becomes sensitive to the signals that are being frequently occurring in your brain. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

@mandyjw The thing's hollow -- it goes on forever -- and -- oh my God! -- it's full of stars!

xl1XYq8.jpg

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

10 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

The word phenomenon is derived from the Greek words 'phainein' meaning 'bring to light' and 'phainesthai' meaning 'to appear'.

Oh my fucking God, it's a computer screen. 

Explain why you posted this here. 

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Explain why you posted this here. 

Because this one phenomenon, that THIS here appears right now, is so utterly inexplainable and impossible, that anything else that happens within this is also both so utterly inexplainable and so impossible... and YET so common and seems to be so well known it can even seem mundane. 

It's like if my dog came over and spoke in English, "I just crapped in your bed" and I was like "Oh, my GOD, not again" overlooking the impossible phenomenon that he just spoke English to me. That's what we're like when we talk about mystical experiences. I mean, yeah they happen, but how can we explain them if we can't even explain this? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

13 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Because this one phenomenon, that THIS here appears right now, is so utterly inexplainable and impossible, that anything else that happens within this is also both so utterly inexplainable and so impossible... and YET so common and seems to be so well known it can even seem mundane. 

It's like if my dog came over and spoke in English, "I just crapped in your bed" and I was like "Oh, my GOD, not again" overlooking the impossible phenomenon that he just spoke English to me. That's what we're like when we talk about mystical experiences. I mean, yeah they happen, but how can we explain them if we can't even explain this? 

Agreed. Although we can still explain things relatively. 

Just now, Someone here said:

Agreed. Although we can still explain things relatively. 

That is to say, we can describe the dream. Try explaining reality. Consciousness defies explanation, and can only be directly realized.

@Someone here Actually I want to believe you. What is better than a clairvoyant friend? Maybe if your claims turn out to be correct we can help you sharpen your abilities. But also on the other hand, I don't want to be unrealistic.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit It's been interesting. I was spiritual at a young age, and into adulthood. Then, as a trained scientist, I refused any idea that wasn't empirically grounded. I took the red pill, and preferred stark materialism to illusory bliss.

Now, I find myself a spiritual scientist. It makes me laugh. I insist on integrity, but that same integrity requires me to open my mind, even to the point of moving beyond it. I accept the reality of my direct experience, which I can only call spiritual. I still care deeply about truth, but I realize that spiritual truth is the only truth that is unassailable. Ultimately, truth and wisdom converge into the same singularity.

If you have experienced truth directly, you know what I am talking about. The mind has no choice but to challenge it, because it is biologically and environmentally conditioned to do so. It is a stunning realization when you directly understand that you are not your mind. Suddenly, you see that the holy grail of freedom, peace, and love was inside of you the whole time. Consciousness becomes more than an abstract concept. It is this volcano of living lava that used to be dormant, but is erupting inside of you.

It takes courage and focused intent to burn away the karma, but it is infinitely better than being trapped in the hell of your conditioned mind.

Edited by Moksha

26 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@Gesundheit It's been interesting. I was spiritual at a young age, and into adulthood. Then, as a trained scientist, I refused any idea that wasn't empirically grounded. I took the red pill, and preferred stark materialism to illusory bliss.

Now, I find myself a spiritual scientist. It makes me laugh. I insist on integrity, but that same integrity requires me to open my mind, even to the point of moving beyond it. I accept the reality of my direct experience, which I can only call spiritual. I still care deeply about truth, but I realize that spiritual truth is the only truth that is unassailable. Ultimately, truth and wisdom converge into the same singularity.

If you have experienced truth directly, you know what I am talking about. The mind has no choice but to challenge it, because it is biologically and environmentally conditioned to do so. It is a stunning realization when you directly understand that you are not your mind. Suddenly, you see that the holy grail of freedom, peace, and love was inside of you the whole time. Consciousness becomes more than an abstract concept. It is this volcano of living lava that used to be dormant, but is erupting inside of you.

It takes courage and focused intent to burn away the karma, but it is infinitely better than being trapped in the hell of your conditioned mind.

Good for you.