Nthnl

Isnt the popular concept of infinite mind also bullshit?

86 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The only problem with solipsism is that you are scared of it. Like a child.

Or maybe that it's not true?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

Or maybe that it's not true?

If it isn't true, then why you so scared of it?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If it isn't true, then why you so scared of it?

Maybe because you're projecting?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Here's a Rupert Spira pointer I just read that I really liked. Just like your thoughts don't have independent existence from your mind, individual minds don't have independent existence either.  

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Here's a Rupert Spira pointer I just read that I really liked. Just like your thoughts don't have independent existence from your mind, individual minds don't have independent existence either. 

The finite is an illusion, so individual minds are blended together to form one infinite Mind. Your mind is infinite, just as your soul is.

@Nthnl

Un-consciousness is logically impossible. Therefore consciousness is eternal. You cannot experience the opposite of experience.

If you're in control of the dream then there's no problem. But if you let the dream control you, then sooner or later you will find yourself in downtown Hiroshima.

You can take this seriously, or you can take it flippantly. It doesn't matter, as long as you don't mind having your skinned burned off at some point.

@from chaos into self

Prior to the thought I am, is awareness aware of “the thought”. Awareness has no I am, because awareness knows not an I am not. Awareness is aware of awareness. Forgive me if I’m just basically ‘talking over you’ / saying the same damn thing. :) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm is awareness really aware of awareness? Awareness is aware of direct experience. But is that really what awareness is? You can be conscious of nothing. It’s tricky to pull off but possible. That is as close as you get to being aware of awareness imo. Just a belief but I think awareness is prior to experience. You can only experience experience and cannot experience awareness imo. But again that’s just a thought. Not the truth. At the end of the day, I am as I am. Direct experience is king.

Edit: I keep rereading this post to try to spot if I got it wrong but no I really think awareness cannot really be aware of itself for direct experience is not pure awareness. Direct experience carries a meaning that is beyond awareness. Something illusory. Direct experience is fabrication, not awareness. I have never felt myself to be aware of awareness; I have only been aware of direct experience.

Edit 2: my being is prior to everything I experience; I cannot experience my being for it is emptiness. Nothing is there to be experienced.

Edited by from chaos into self

34 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

Awareness is aware of direct experience. But is that really what awareness is?

Yes. 

You can be conscious of nothing.

Consciousness is conscious of consciousness. 

It’s tricky to pull off but possible. That is as close as you get to being aware of awareness imo.

Awareness is aware of awareness. There is no separation, distance, or space between awareness aware of awareness. 

Just a belief but I think awareness is prior to experience.

Awareness is aware of awareness. 

You can only experience experience and cannot experience awareness imo.

Awareness is already aware of awareness. 

But again that’s just a thought. Not the truth. At the end of the day, I am as I am. Direct experience is king.

If a thought, as a label, is taken to be an object labelled, direct experience, or scrutinizing, inspecting, inquiring, is king. If a thought is not taken to be an object, inspection is no longer possible, as awareness is aware of awareness.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Beatiful my friend!

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius