Nthnl

Isnt the popular concept of infinite mind also bullshit?

86 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Nthnl said:

No im saying something entirely different thats impossible to explain with words. Everything and nothing and everything else all in one. Every single thing, concept, understanding, belief and otherwise are equally as true false right wrong and everything else. I dont know how to explain this in a way youll understand. What im saying is also true false right wrong etc. But with that to assume anything is 100% right or wrong seems silly.

My opinion and perception is that you might end up in a paralysis due to this if you aren't careful. I might be wrong though. 

On the other hand, this looks like it might all be part of the process for you and isn't paralysis. In which case, charge ahead soldier. You seem pretty hardcore. 

----
Side note of recommendations for teachers or books. You might like Jed McKenna a lot. I'd primarily recommend him based on my interaction here.

If you can get over this philosophical hurdle of not trusting direct experience or people who use those terms, or whatever we just talked, I'd then recommend Peter Ralston. "The Book of Not Knowing" by him.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Just now, lmfao said:

My opinion and perception is that you might end up in a paralysis due to this if you aren't careful. I might be wrong though. 

On the other hand, this looks like it might all be part of the process for you and isn't paralysis. I wouldn't be able to tell as an outsider who barely knows you I suppose . 

ugh. I wish i could just implant my perspective and understanding into your head but alas its only 2020. 

Just now, Mikael89 said:

Consciousness is proved.

Tell me how you think Consciousness isn't proved. Or how the idea about Consciousness could be wrong.

It could be just another illusion. Everything could no? Every single thing could be an illusion?

Though doth not want these hands! - Jesus

@Nthnl just edited my post. Anyway, im off for now, peace.

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

18 minutes ago, Nthnl said:

Why is what you believe the territory actually not just a realistic 3d render? 

No, not me. I believe that reality is a simulation of some kind. Awake people believe it's not.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

Isnt the popular concept of infinite mind also bullshit?

Concepts aren’t true or false, they’re concepts, thoughts, appearing in infinite mind. 

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

I've noticed that majority of the people here, along with I assume Leo, believe in the infinite mind idea that hes talked about in several videos.

You might say that is like saying there are people who believe there are actually people. To you, it probably seems obvious that there are people. Similarly, infinite mind is obvious to infinite mind. 

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

Is this not simply taking one idea over another?

It’s not about taking anything, but seeing through everything. 

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

Another ideological approach?

Prior to ideologies. 

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

Sure we can experience it directly or come to understandings but at the end of the day how do we know that's the final destination?

We can’t experience it directly, as it’s not separate, nor understood, nor a destination. 

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

With the infinity of everything it seems a lot more likely that its barely relevant.

Absolutely irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

Its just an idea. So is my idea that its an idea. Everything's probably bullshit and not real.

Prior to ideas. ‘Everything’ is an idea. 

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

So why should we believe anything?

Who says we should?

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

Isn't it simply better to play this video game out in an enjoyable way? Rather then pretend we understand its coding and its purpose?

Can you understand you? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 minutes ago, Nthnl said:

No not at all? Theres nothing to prove. Nothing can be proved or disproved. Your not understanding what im trying to say. Its extremely difficult to put into words im doing the best the language permits.

Well i was going to say modern science did their damndest to figure out the nature of reality and the best they could come up with was reality is made of wave functions or mathematical equations - probabilities if you will.  That is quantum mechanics.  So if you really wanna dive deep dive into the work of Neils Bohr.  I prefer him over Einstein because despite Einstein's theory of relativity he was in denial that there was no objective reality or that reality could be infinite consciousness although eventually j think he came around.  He just wanted a logical answer in the beginning.   Bohr knew reality was fundamentally nothing.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Gesundheit said:

No, not me. I believe that reality is a simulation of some kind. Awake people believe it's not.

I'm not speaking physically or materialistically i mean metaphorically. 

6 minutes ago, lmfao said:

If you can get over this philosophical hurdle of not trusting direct experience or people who use those terms, or whatever we just talked, I'd then recommend Peter Ralston. "The Book of Not Knowing" by him.

Thats because you 100% believe that direct experience is absolute truth XD. I dont want that. I dont think im behind a hurtle, I think im past the next.

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

No it can't be a illusion, because when you say "illusion", you are automatically saying "Consciousness" at the same time. Because you can't have a illusion without Consciousness. Consciousness is required for illusion.

Your just not getting my point no one is. Because everyone fully believes and hardheartedly follows theses understandings and ideas. My point isn't breaking through.

Im hopping off I dont think anyone's really gonna get it here. Not anyone's fault, if any my own but this is clearly pointless.

I am going to meditate wanna follow along? ?

Sailing on the ceiling 

Infinity is not an idea.

The map is not the territory.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

34 minutes ago, Nthnl said:

Im hopping off I dont think anyone's really gonna get it here. Not anyone's fault, if any my own but this is clearly pointless.

There's a limit dude for the capacity of understanding, and awakening is that limit. It cannot go beyond that, atleast for human beings with this tiny brain. Infinity is the limit which we cannot go beyond. It's better to accept it rather than to try hopping out of the TV screen.

1 hour ago, Nthnl said:

Thats because you 100% believe that direct experience is absolute truth XD. I dont want that. I dont think im behind a hurtle, I think im past the next.

The exact language and concept I used is immaterial, you keep conflating map for territory. Look that theory up. Look up finger pointing to the moon. The reason you can't break through the map and reach the territory is because you believe your current assumptions and mind too much. 
---
If after all I explicitly stated about the problem of communication, how concepts don't contain truth, you strawman me as selling you another belief you're completely off.

Your current trajectory is one of aimlessness and getting lost in your head. You're not on a journey for truth. I'm not gonna repeat my refutations for your foolish misconstruing for the millionth time. 

I can tell that you're completely clueless about direct experience. This is all just mental masturbation and a fun thought experiment to you. This isn't airy fairy philosophising, this is dead serious. It's the realest and rawest thing there is. There is no bigger thing than this. And unless you can see that, you are but completely lost and clueless. 

But there's no rush. All life pursuits are valid. It's up to you what you do. Whenever you're ready to be serious, truth will be waiting for you. 

Edited by lmfao

4 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Whenever you're ready to be serious, truth will be waiting for you. 

Discover Truth now, or wait till the end of your life. One is living the rest of your life knowing who you are, who others are, and what reality is. The other is a life of being lost, suffering, and confusion. Choose. 

2 hours ago, lmfao said:

This is where I disagree, as I see you taking a sort of ultimate nihilism in the undertone of everything you've said so far, that there's no action or no point in trying. That humans are that biased and everything is so relative that there's no point in trying. 

The problem is that you're not resolving the nihilism problem entirely by taking direct experience as absolute truth. If direct experience is absolute truth, then you have the problem of solipsism. And by you here I mean me, because in direct experience you don't exist as a person. Only me.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Om 17th of november there will be a book released from 2 scientist which has been praised by other scientist on Harvard and sk forth, it is about conciousness and that conciousness might be the thing creating reality, the universe wouldn't exist without conciousness,  it is nice to see science moving towards rhis.

The grand biocentric design is the name.

Look it up on amazon

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

15 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

The grand biocentric design

Consciousness is not bio-centric. This is a mistake.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

If direct experience is absolute truth, then you have the problem of solipsism. And by you here I mean me, because in direct experience you don't exist as a person. Only me.

If only someone would start a thread so we could discuss the Solipsism problem ;) 

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

If direct experience is absolute truth, then you have the problem of solipsism. And by you here I mean me, because in direct experience you don't exist as a person. Only me.

The only problem with solipsism is that you are scared of it. Like a child.

@Leo Gura True but he also talks about that the universe is concious and intelligent and that death is an illusion

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius