electroBeam

Tiny Observation Ive noticed

15 posts in this topic

Just felt like sharing this for fun.

Just verified that the present moment is a belief. The present moment isn't real. Contrary to popular opinion, there is actually stuff outside of the present moment, and that's best described IMO as infinite formlessness.

Which may seem obvious to some, but its not, because it also partially explains how reincarnation works. The present moment is just a perspective of many. Which means the stuff outside of the present moment (formlessness) stays constant/eternal, but the present moment can die and morph into something else, something other than a present moment. Which is hard to understand for us because we only know the present moment, but it definitely can die and morph into something else. 

In other words, experiencing things from the 1st person isn't an absolute, its relative. Its possible to experience things from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd person and beyond that to things that a human mind is incapable of imagining.

This also explains how sleep works. Sleep is a morphing of the present moment to something else, or to a present moment of a different entity. What stays constant through out wake and sleep is that formlessness outside of the present moment, and the present moment itself morphs. 

Edited by electroBeam

But aren't all these experiences happening within the present moment?

Just now, Frenk said:

But aren't all these experiences happening within the present moment?

nope, the present moment is happening within all these experiences ;)

Interesting!

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

How did you verify that observation? Was it direct?

I had similar observations as yours.

I remember when I first took 5-meo-dmt, after some time in the trip I became consciouss of the possibility of infinite infinities (infinite perspectives with a different POV in each)" outside " my direct experience of the present moment.

But fast enough I realized that was just a thought and probably it was just because i was high. So...I don´t know. I probably shouldn´t trust my mind by this point right?

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

I think this is actually in alignment with the Buddha’s idea of emptiness. Pretty sure he taught an emptiness so radical that it rejected even the present moment. Really cool!

Also yes spot on about the 2nd and 3rd person perspectives reality is capable of taking on. Ive had trips where Ive experienced living thousands of lives simultaneously and now that Im sober, I struggle to even remember what that was like other than at the time it was a direct experience of collective “selfing.”

The present moment points straight to awareness and out of thinking. It's an incredibly powerful pointer, but that's its sneaky function. There's no present moment. If this was a movie made of frames, you could point to the presently experienced frame. There are no frames. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

The present moment is the conflation of dream scenes. The dreamer is the sub-Ultimate reality (Atman) that is bound to the present moment. Ultimate reality (Brahman) is the observer and source of the dreamer and the dreamed, and it is timeless.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 hours ago, Consilience said:

Also yes spot on about the 2nd and 3rd person perspectives reality is capable of taking on. Ive had trips where Ive experienced living thousands of lives simultaneously and now that Im sober, I struggle to even remember what that was like other than at the time it was a direct experience of collective “selfing.”

Wow! Thats crazy!

5 hours ago, mandyjw said:

. There are no frames. 

Yeah wtf.

4 hours ago, Moksha said:

The present moment is the conflation of dream scenes. The dreamer is the sub-Ultimate reality (Atman) that is bound to the present moment. Ultimate reality (Brahman) is the observer and source of the dreamer and the dreamed, and it is timeless.

I like that description, very technical like a maths formula.

13 hours ago, electroBeam said:

that's best described IMO as infinite formlessness.

Are you talking about nothingness here?

13 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Sleep is a morphing of the present moment to something else, or to a present moment of a different entity.

Are you saying we need sleep to reincarnate? I'm having trouble understanding the post :/

Describe a thought.

17 hours ago, mandyjw said:

The present moment points straight to awareness and out of thinking. It's an incredibly powerful pointer, but that's its sneaky function. There's no present moment. If this was a movie made of frames, you could point to the presently experienced frame. There are no frames. 

Very few people seem get this.

A. "There's no time."

B. "Yeah, I know what you mean."

A. "No. No you don't."

B. "Yeah, the present moment is eternal."

A. "No. No you don't. No moment. No eternal. No present."

57% paranoid