Leo Nordin

Enlightened beings, how does sickness affect them and their work?

9 posts in this topic

I've just gone down in fewer and its effect on energy is astonishing. First it removed my identification and connection with body, mind and energy. With that there was not much thought, feelings and my senses had gone down. Energy was also very limited and the production of energy low. 

Would it even be possible to be blissful in such a state. Yes being fully present is even easier but there are not much of any emotion and there's a headache to make the experience of no joy. 

In the end does your experience of life all come down to energy? Can't you experience something more in such a depressive state? For example what if someone had this chronically and wouldn't be able to cure it. What would be the meaning of their life when there is no energy to do so much as feel a little bit of joy?

I've heard and experienced not to give attention to strengthen the consequence of a state of being which can be an emotion (ecstasy). But instead give attention or strengthen the state which causes that emotion. So I easily let go of my mind and body but no energy formed to bring me to such states of blissful body. Is there something I did wrong? Or is this just the cause of invading viruses.

I've claimed that I did awaken not long ago when I could just let go of ego and immerse myself in a life altering experience. But the experience wasn't anything particular now in sickness, everything just became very still, but what is the meaning of such a boring experience where there's not enough energy for much consciousness or attention to be used. 

I wonder what is even the meaning of being on this world. If not to serve the world, because what else would you do when every other aspect of life is fulfilled. Then it doesn't really matter if I experience bliss body or not during sickness. Because bliss bodys function normally would be to continue this life purpose to a higher capability. And can be continued in sickness as well just not to the same extent that your being as able to the when you are healthy. Is this how it works? 

Btw I always get answers from within so I am not seeking anything from my questions particularly. Many on this forum takes my questions as things I can't or haven't answered for myself already and therefore belittles my knowledge or spiritual advancement, please aldo don't be too analytical of my sentences. They are written in a way for a reason. Thank you! Together we share knowledge/insights with the furum and help each others??

2 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

But the experience wasn't anything particular now in sickness, everything just became very still, but what is the meaning of such a boring experience where there's not enough energy for much consciousness or attention to be used.

When a person hears they have cancer, with only weeks left to live, what is their meaning? Boredom is the last thing on their mind. Presence is the point.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha yes presence is the point. The question is what you do with this presence. Like an old dying man, would you choose to go away in quietness or would you choose to leave some messages with you during this time. 

Also someone with cancer suffering without the energy to do much would be present but I actually believe boredom might appear. Like what's the point of a lifeless life, just sitting down not doing anything only being alive and present. Or actually doing something for the world with this little life that you have got.

Has someone got the knowledge about theese things. For example the ways of gurus or yogis? Getting information on what they do during sickness-depression I couldn't easily. Information on those that didn't pass in ecstasy but in fading energy could be more available? 

Maybe the point of life is living? Why did you create life in the first place?

Steve Taylor has done research on awakening; you might enjoy some of his books. Not everyone that has a terminal diagnosis becomes awakened. For those that do, it is transformative. Even in a weakened state, every second they have left is vibrant. The news of their imminent mortality shocks them out of the conditioned mind into a different state of consciousness. Everything that seemed mundane before suddenly becomes beautiful. Their realized purpose is not to avoid boredom, but to embrace the stunning beauty in everything and everyone, and go out of the world singing.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

8 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Maybe the point of life is living? Why did you create life in the first place?

Why create life in the first place... Lol it's not fair to ask these questions when I am not fully present. Also I am not sick anymore, not energy wise. I am half a life right now, before I was a full life during some meditation but it wouldn't compare to the life floating in me right now even as half a life. I create life because I want to do something on this world okay, lol. 

11 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Steve Taylor has done research on awakening; you might enjoy some of his books. Not everyone that has a terminal diagnosis becomes awakened. For those that do, it is transformative. Even in a weakened state, every second they have left is vibrant. The news of their imminent mortality shocks them out of the conditioned mind into a different state of consciousness. Everything that seemed mundane before suddenly becomes beautiful. Their realized purpose is not to avoid boredom, but to embrace the stunning beauty in everything and everyone, and go out of the world singing.

Thanks for the text but it isn't relevant because we only have and can create a certain amount of energy or life? If situations creates situations where energy is very low then much cannot be done, isn't it so. Still what u say is true. In my situation there was nowhere for life to be vibrant, the life was just too weak. 

Even a quiet song, at the edge of awareness, is still a song.

@Leo Nordin the awakened have already died.  They realize that this is merely an infinite dream by infinite Consciousness.  Nothing more.  These attachments and finite identity which we have are an illusion.  This is realized by the awakened.   The ego and its attachments will want to pull the awakened one back into the illusion but he knows better.  He knows that any clinging to such attachments is a clinging to an idea within the Mind of God which will dream infinite ideas.

He can go on teaching and or doing what he was going before.  Nothing would really change.  That something would change is yet more imagination.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Leo Nordinthe awakened have already died. They realize that this is merely an infinite dream by infinite Consciousness. Nothing more. These attachments and finite identity which we have are an illusion. This is realized by the awakened. The ego and its attachments will want to pull the awakened one back into the illusion but he knows better. He knows that any clinging to such attachments is a clinging to an idea within the Mind of God which will dream infinite ideas.

He can go on teaching and or doing what he was going before.  Nothing would really change.  That something would change is yet more imagination.

I get what ur saying. Everyone should also know ego is necessary for survival. This post was good advice  for those that need it but not really asked for in the thread...