Leo Nordin

What drives awakened people to do what they do?

26 posts in this topic

I believe I awakened not too long ago and it changed everything. Though I with reasons choose willingly to take one last journey into great ego for a couple of weeks. First it was easy to sit down with ecstasy anytime after awakening but now I sense how my entire being wants to go out and help the world. Like a guru does, though I try to sit down in ecstasy I feel joy but my consciousness telles me to go off and do certain things. Even though my self awareness I can't really tell if this is because of my time in ego or because of my advancement. 

I wonder if this is how gurus are motivated to do their work. That it is not only an intellectual choice but your entire being chose it fully and completely. 

Meditating into ecstasy to and go deeper into enlightenment didn't seem difficult before, but now there's a feeling of that I am here for a bigger meaning, to serve the world. Then when I am ready I will one day go deep into ecstasy and leave this body at the time of enlightenment. My mind wants to believe that I should be able to just be in ecstasy alone by myself, but following what I think to remember the same procedure of letting go of all ego/suffering. My being wants to move and do things, is this normal for awakened people? 

I would gladly appreciate any knowledge you might have on this?

So the main question is, what drives awakened people to do what they do in the sense that, Is it an intellectual choice or is there more to it as I might be experiencing?

Waking up puts you at the helm of your life. What you do then is up to you.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

24 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Waking up puts you at the helm of your life. What you do then is up to you.

Yeah of course? I am sharing the experience with you and would like to see if there is some good input. 

It's just that pior awakening I thought awakened people choose to do good because by having to use willpower. Then now I really think that the truth might be that their and my whole existence seeks doing something more for this world. Early awakening I would gladly just sit blissed out for long times. Now there's the want to do something more during my time on this world. 

The reason I am skeptical of this new experience is because action takes energy. And earlier I conserved didn't use my energy to reach higher fulfillment. Interesting.. I will share the journey with you all. 

I just realised, my other thread on how awakened people divide meditation and working for the universe. If doing activity based on your minds choice only then you wouldn't be able to balance it well I dont think. That's why I made that thread. But if your whole consciousness strives to do it then your being creates the balance, now I can meditate again earlier I used ego to stop the will of "the world" which tried to make me do things. It was all about the choice of existence and I'll let existence do it's thing more and more now. 

What the world will turn around for the people around me. My friends, my family the whole society hasn't gotten any much of clues from me for what change I am about to bring on my lifestyle and what I do. Mohahahahahah lol. 

Consciousness is energy. No surprise that it is telling "you" to go out and help the world :)

Eckhart Tolle spent the first 3 years after his awakening just being. He would sit on park benches and observe, simply enjoying the new perspective. After that period, he felt a strong drive from consciousness whipping him back into the world of doing, to share what he learned with others.

The Buddha did the same. The important thing is to do whatever consciousness directs you to do, in other words do what you want ;)

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Can you be a slave to yourself? :)

7 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Consciousness is energy. No surprise that it is telling "you" to go out and help the world :)

Eckhart Tolle spent the first 3 years after his awakening just being. He would sit on park benches and observe, simply enjoying the new perspective. After that period, he felt a strong drive from consciousness whipping him back into the world of doing, to share what he learned with others.

The Buddha did the same. The important thing is to do whatever consciousness directs you to do, in other words do what you want ;)

Interesting, thank you? why didn't anyone tell me this before. This is almost the first time I have learned anything on this forum that I asked for. Much appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

after you awaken you become God's slave :x

Aww, so cute. 

@SoonHei lol, it's destiny. 

Love and mastery.
When you awaken to love, then you know that desire is not selfish.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Leo Nordin namaste.png The ride is so much better with the top down.

25 minutes ago, Malekakisioannis said:

@Leo Nordin the real question is : what drives anything?

Love

25 minutes ago, Malekakisioannis said:

what drove awakening, what drove existence out of non existence? 

If God is not Absolutely selfless there wouldn't be anything. 

Existence =Infinity 

You're thrown in the middle of an infinite chess game. Your move.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

I believe it to mastery of the self and your highest service. Once you realize that you truly expand, multiply and magnify Love, Light & Consciousness, both within and without, by serving others, and that ultimately service is the most beautiful thing there is, more satisfying than sitting in meditative bliss, your own will and your Higher Will align and you become a pure vessel of the One, automatically, seamlessly and magically driving you beyond your deepest dreams, highest potential and wildest expectations. Enjoy the ride!

@Nahm Eckhart was 29 when he woke up. Siddhartha was 29 too, but that was just the beginning of his journey. For Eckhart, it was a supernova event. Siddhartha took 6 years before he became enlightened, more like a sunrise.

Consciousness has its own cadence. We are all dancing to the same music. We meet ourselves when the dance brings us together, and only then.

Edited by Moksha

@Moksha

Delightful & I could not agree more. ? 

I suppose when Siddhartha & Eckart believed they awakened they were also questioning what drives awakened people to do what they do. Maybe they also chose ego. They probably also thought their consciousness, and their awareness was telling them to do things. Maybe they also questioned if this was because of their time, or their advancement. Maybe they also sought to understand how guru’s are motivated, maybe they did make that intellectual choice. Perhaps they were also in the body and knew they would leave it in the future when enlightenment comes. I suppose they also asked other people what is normal for awakened people. I mean, how the heck could I know really. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm ? 

I'm still learning about Siddhartha (reading The Dhammapada now). I know more about Eckhart, and for him the awakening was the end of questioning. He realized that he no longer suffered, but he didn't know why he no longer suffered. It wasn't until 3 years later that he ran into a Zen master, who taught him that enlightenment is the state of "no mind". He realized that the reason he no longer suffered was that he was no longer being thought. Now, he is just being :)