Javfly33

Why living beings are selfish?

39 posts in this topic

I had a deep insight today. I was looking at some tree and had the following thought

"Why I am giving more importance to this body than to that tree?"

This made me think, that survival is stupid.

There´s actually no reason to give more importance to the survival of my body than the survival of a fly or of a tree.

So that´s basically my question. Why the inertia of surviving exists at all? 

It seems that the most reasonable thing to do would be to not have a particular agenda for anything to survive more than any other thing. 

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

We choose to survive because evolution selected us for making that choice. Organisms that choose not to survive tend to get their wish.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

27 minutes ago, Moksha said:

We choose to survive because evolution selected us for making that choice. Organisms that choose not to survive tend to get their wish.

What is "evolution" but just a thought??

You need the survival of your body in order for god to experience itself. 

So if you neglect staying alive, you defeat the purpose of god which is to create yourself right now in this moment out of love for itself. 

Other things have their own survival, that's how you exist in the first place. 

If everyone were to give up their survival, there would be no experiencing reality. 

6 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

You need the survival of your body in order for god to experience itself. 

So if you neglect staying alive, you defeat the purpose of god which is to create yourself right now in this moment out of love for itself. 

Other things have their own survival, that's how you exist in the first place. 

If everyone were to give up their survival, there would be no experiencing reality. 

Are you trying to say that the ego has any power whatsover in God´s agenda? Hehe...

18 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

What is "evolution" but just a thought??

What is anything but just a thought?

Nihilism isn't all it's cracked up to be. You chose to create this world for a reason, after all.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

In some way we are all a little selfish. In other ways, we cannot survive without others. It’s a dichotomy. 

We we are both differentiated, and yet, integrated and connected.

Separate, yet unified.

The individual exists within the collective. Yet, the collective can only exist if the individuals cater to their own needs first.

44 minutes ago, Moksha said:

What is anything but just a thought?

Nihilism isn't all it's cracked up to be. You chose to create this world for a reason, after all.

For what reason? Love? Too complicated

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

For what reason? Love? Too complicated

Love is nonduality, pretty simple if you ask me.

48 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I meant the creation, Maya. Why exist? There is not any apparent reason for all this crazy merge of suffering, but my intuition tell me that there is a reason

I think it just to do with evolution, but I am not so sure...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

I meant the creation, Maya. Why exist? There is not any apparent reason for all this crazy merge of suffering, but my intuition tell me that there is a reason

Maybe Source creates because it loves to create, manifests because it loves to manifest, and plays because it loves to play?

More of a soul fan myself ;)

Some plays are bit hardcore plays, but I can understand why he , or you , or we, like that games. Creation

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Are you trying to say that the ego has any power whatsover in God´s agenda? Hehe...

Ego is needed in order for god to create beings that can realize themselves as god, that's how nature works. 

The ego has no control over what happens. It's all pre-planned/created in the moment, for the highest outcome of love possible. 

Maybe I'm just chatting shit...or maybe not xD

Edited by fridjonk

We know nothing, so...

this is like dogs barking (as UG Krishnamurti used to say...)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

We know nothing, so...

Except ourSelf :)

Edited by Moksha

8 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

We know nothing, so...

this is like dogs barking (as UG Krishnamurti used to say...)

True, we are a chimpanzee arguing about how work a computer. But the chimpanzee that we are can't avoid to try to understand how that damned computer works, even it's thousands levels above of our understanding...well maybe not so above, at the end we can understand many things

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

True, we are a chimpanzee arguing about how work a computer. But the chimpanzee that we are can't avoid to try to understand how that damned computer works, even it's thousands levels above of our understanding...well maybe not so above, at the end we can understand many things

True!

That's why  I am in the forum hehehehe...

:P