Muhammad Jawad

What is the difference between Deep Sleep and Consciousness?

46 posts in this topic

Hello All!

I hope everyone is doing great.

I want to understand the difference between Deep Sleep & Consciousness.

What is the difference between Experience of Deep Sleep, Ego Death, Ego Death induced by Psychedelics and Consciousness, Awakening, Enlightenment?

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

What is a "difference"?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

What does nonduality point to, in relation to the word consciousness?

Observer, Knower, Seer?

3 hours ago, roopepa said:

What is a "difference"?

Sorry I couldn't get it.

26 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Not. Two.

Do you mean Deep Sleep, Ego Death, Ego Death induced by Psychedelics and Consciousness, Awakening, Enlightenment. all of them are the same and one thing? 

Edited by Muhammad Jawad

Just now, Nahm said:

Almost. If there is one thing, there by default, is two; the thing & what is not that thing.

If deep sleep and spiritual awakening are the same things then why people go for psychedelics and spend years in spiritual practices to achieve the state of Deep Sleep which they experience a daily basis when they go to bed. 

Just now, Muhammad Jawad said:

same things

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If there is one thing, there by default, is two; the thing & what is not that thing.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Parroting Rupert Spira here, deep sleep is awareness of no object, waking or dream state is awareness of objects. Awareness/consciousness/whatever you call it is the same, unchanged and untouched. 

The reason people pursue this is the search or desire for love, for truth, to ultimately to align their waking life with the qualities of awareness that comes prior to everything else. Obsession with objects while misunderstanding what you really are prior to all of that is unsatisfying and the cause of suffering. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

In the world of form (which is the dream itself):

Levels of consciousness: dreamless sleep (sleeping mind, not dreaming in the world of dream), dreaming (sleeping mind, dreaming in the world of dream), awake (awake mind, dreaming in the world of dream), Turiya (consciousness, awake in the world of dream), Brahman (consciousness, not in the world of dream). Notice what happened to the mind? Physical sleep is just another level of abstraction of unconsciousness. Human beings are a microcosm of this game, which is played by consciousness itself.

In the ultimate sense, what @Nahm said.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

I want to understand the difference between Deep Sleep & Consciousness.

What is the difference between Experience of Deep Sleep, Ego Death, Ego Death induced by Psychedelics and Consciousness, Awakening, Enlightenment?

This gets deliciously tricky.

The ideas of “Deep Sleep, Ego Death, Ego Death induced by Psychedelics and Consciousness, Awakening, Enlightenment” is not the experience of the beingness, yet is it’s own experience of idea imagination.

If I am imagining differences between the experiences of being on Earth, Moon, Venus and Xenon - I am experiencing the creations of those imaginations. Yet that is distinct from the experience of being on Earth, Moon, Venus and Xenon.

In some cases, the imaginations of the experiential beingness can become so deep that they are indistinguishable from the being of it. Yet in other cases, the beingness is out of reach of the imagination. 

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

Almost. If there is one thing, there by default, is two; the thing & what is not that thing.

Ok, I just Got it. Thanks

13 hours ago, mandyjw said:

The reason people pursue this is the search or desire for love

When people achieve this pure awareness state every night when they sleep then why they still need to pursue psychedelics & spiritual practices to attain that state?

If they are not able to find peace & love from the pure awareness in deep sleep then how can they find peace & love through psychedelics & spiritual practices?  

13 hours ago, Moksha said:

Levels of consciousness

Is Consciousness not pure and full? Does it have levels?

13 hours ago, Moksha said:

dreamless sleep (sleeping mind, not dreaming in the world of dream)

Which mind? I think there is no mind. There is just consciousness and thoughts are appearing or getting born & die from that consciousness. And Consciousness never sleeps. Even when Consciousness experiencing a dream at that time consciousness is still awake. And When Consciousness is not experiencing anything like in Deep Sleep. Consciousness is still awake and aware of that.

13 hours ago, Forestluv said:

This gets deliciously tricky.

The ideas of “Deep Sleep, Ego Death, Ego Death induced by Psychedelics and Consciousness, Awakening, Enlightenment” is not the experience of the beingness, yet is it’s own experience of idea imagination.

If I am imagining differences between the experiences of being on Earth, Moon, Venus and Xenon - I am experiencing the creations of those imaginations. Yet that is distinct from the experience of being on Earth, Moon, Venus and Xenon.

In some cases, the imaginations of the experiential beingness can become so deep that they are indistinguishable from the being of it. Yet in other cases, the beingness is out of reach of the imagination. 

Is the experience of Deep Sleep & Ego Death is the same? 

> What is the difference between Deep Sleep and Consciousness?

Consciousness is what there is. Everything. Everywhere.

Deep sleep is just a state of your mind, where the consciousness doesn't have anything to illumine, when you are awake or when you are in a dream there are objects or some entity, also we can put it this way that there are things in the consciousness to illumine, and we realize yes there's something to touch/feel/smell/taste/see through our sensory functions. Also after deep sleep similarly, the moment you wake up the thoughts comes back flooded into your Consciousness as a function of mind and the dance of life continues.

On 10/31/2020 at 6:32 AM, Muhammad Jawad said:

What is the difference between Experience of Deep Sleep, Ego Death, Ego Death induced by Psychedelics and Consciousness, Awakening, Enlightenment, vs talking about these?

:)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Is Consciousness not pure and full? Does it have levels?

Which mind? I think there is no mind. There is just consciousness and thoughts are appearing or getting born & die from that consciousness. And Consciousness never sleeps. Even when Consciousness experiencing a dream at that time consciousness is still awake. And When Consciousness is not experiencing anything like in Deep Sleep. Consciousness is still awake and aware of that.

Consciousness is the only nothing there is. Everything else is its dream. It is always awake and dreaming.

In the dream, there are levels of consciousness. The individual mind, or the individual anything else, is consciousness playing the puppet game through infinite dream forms.

Don't try to understand it, just realize it :)

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.