RoerAmit

Sleepiness/Tiredness causes?

7 posts in this topic

I am sleepy many times during the day and I am really serious about stopping it.

Please write here all the causes of sleepiness or tiredness you think is possible.

Edited by RoerAmit

Your diet & lifestyle will play the most important factor. This is a bit complex to elaborate in a comment but here are few basic pointers for you to "tick"

* don't skip meals
* don't intermittent fast (unless you have a very good reason for it e.g. health condition. spiritual purpose etc). I know this is a big topic but I see a lot of people who do IF, destroy their metabolism & energy levels and can't go on without having 5 coffees during the fasting window. make sure you don't do that. 
* check your caffeine intake (if you can't make it throughout the day without coffee, this will likely be what is destroying your energy) 
* don't avoid carbohydrates but make sure you pick the "good" ones. 
* make sure your meals are well balanced (contain complex carbs, fats & protein) 
* make sure your portions aren't too small but not too large either. You should feel satisfied after a meal but not stuffed
* Exercise at least 4 times a week if you can. 
* Make sure your eyes are exposed to daylight early in the morning even if it means having a tea on the balcony. Helps you adjust your circadian clock
* go to sleep at the same time every day, don't overnight, don't stay up later than 11pm. (Aim for at least 7.5 hours) 
* If you are taking any medical drugs, some may cause drowsiness, tiredness and sleepiness throughout the day. 

If nothing of this is relevant from this list, you may need some blood tests to help you identify the cause. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@RoerAmit hypothyroidism

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

6 minutes ago, levani said:

IF gave me monstrous amounts of energy

Yeah this is normal. He's probably talking about people who do it wrong.

Describe a thought.

On 30/10/2020 at 7:19 PM, UDT said:

@RoerAmit hypothyroidism

Could be also adrenal fatigue. 

@RoerAmit Try ashwagandha I had similar problems and it helped me a lot. 

But nothing will help you if your diet is shit. 

19 minutes ago, levani said:

@Michael569 to me, IF gave me monstrous amounts of energy

+

6 hours ago, levani said:

to me, IF gave me monstrous amounts of energy

Yes I know, because you are juicing your adrenals as you do that. I've experienced it as well when I experimented with IF for 6 weeks last year. The amount of energy I received had nothing to do with not eating or some miraculous energy increase. By starving your body your levels of adrenaline & cortisol are spiked throughout the day. Same way if you chug 3 espressos. Fun, short term but possibly detrimental long term

The OP said he is chronically tired, the last thing you want to do when fatigued is to start starving yourself. Yes, you will get an initial spark of energy but after some time as your adrenals weaken  he'll probably slip into fibromyalgia or CFS even depression from no longer having the catecholamine support to elevate his mood. 

Fasting also slows down the conversion of your thyroid hormones. T4 conversion to T3 becomes more sluggish and you produce more reverse T3. For someone already fatigued this could present even more difficulties. 

Intermittent fasting is something you can experiment with if you are 100% healthy with fully functioning metabolism but it is not for fatigued person. I'm not disputing benefits of therapeutic fasting (say 24 hours once a week) but chronically going through this is asking for trouble and wrecked metabolism. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus