Psychventure

Has 5 meo dmt improved your quality of life?

16 posts in this topic

Yeah It has taught me that surrender (conscious surrender) is a kind of superpower in life.

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

23 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Yeah It has taught me that surrender (conscious surrender) is a kind of superpower in life.

+1

Cold showers are also a great teacher for surrender. ;)

Hard to say or measure.

I don't think 5-MeO-DMT is the one to reach for if someone were looking to improve quality-of-life in a quotidian sense. 5-MeO-DMT is better for that very top sharp transcendent pointy bit on the Maslow pyramid.

The more common psychedelics like mushrooms or LSD are better suited for improving quality of life IMO. They tend to give more down to earth, practical insights.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

24 minutes ago, outlandish said:

The more common psychedelics like mushrooms or LSD are better suited for improving quality of life IMO. They tend to give more down to earth, practical insights.

@outlandish I am the only one who thinks that after trying 5-MeO all of the "insights" from Lsd or mushrooms just seem like a refined-level of delusion and more story-making of the ego?

Honestly nowdays when I do the classic psychedelics, I try to go straight to the chase (ego-death/surrender..etc) and avoid all of the "aha moments" or even the "brilliant instrospection" insights. I am not talking about direct insights from high state of consciousness of course, but this one are direct, not "language-like" so there is no trap for delusion here.

Eckhart Tolle talks about a guru that was given a psychedelic drug, then another, then another. Nothing changed.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Eckhart Tolle talks about a guru that was given a psychedelic drug, then another, then another. Nothing changed.

I cut off my penis if Eckhart Tolle takes a breakthrough dose 5 meo and nothing will happen 

7 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

I cut off my penis if Eckhart Tolle takes a breakthrough dose 5 meo and nothing will happen 

@acidgoofy Some people do have a natural tolerance to certain psychedelics. I wouldn´t swear so easy haha

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Honestly nowdays when I do the classic psychedelics, I try to go straight to the chase (ego-death/surrender..etc) and avoid all of the "aha moments" or even the "brilliant instrospection" insights. I am not talking about direct insights from high state of consciousness of course, but this one are direct, not "language-like" so there is no trap for delusion here.

I'd say getting many realizations in bite-sized information actually helps you integrate awakenings better. I know of many who've blasted into non-dual space but are at a very fragile place because they shot so far away from integrating important lessons. 

I actually prefer working with classical psychedelics, since they give you what you're ready for. 

And if you're ready for the 5 MeO nondual experience, an LSD trip can deliver you just that. 

So it's not so much the psychedelic rather than the mind undergoing the experience, as I'm sure you know already. :)

Edited by fridjonk

I only used 5 meo dmt low dose and my music enhancement is clearly increased even many months after last 5 meo Trip. It stays. I ask me if other have same music enhancement like me

5 meo dmt is awesome

It made me more chill and made me love myself a lot more, still have anxiety and depression but not as much as before.

17 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I am the only one who thinks that after trying 5-MeO all of the "insights" from Lsd or mushrooms just seem like a refined-level of delusion

I agree, that's why I like to basically assume I'm wrong or at least be aware that there is massive potential for self deception in me at all times. 

On 10/27/2020 at 11:14 AM, Javfly33 said:

@outlandish I am the only one who thinks that after trying 5-MeO all of the "insights" from Lsd or mushrooms just seem like a refined-level of delusion and more story-making of the ego?

I'm sure you're not alone in that! Personally, I love all the little insights, the medium, and the big top-level ones, all scales. I also like taking psychedelics just for fun, without any intention of gaining insights or self-improvement (although they usually show up anyways).

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 27/10/2020 at 6:14 PM, Javfly33 said:

I definitely agree with this to a large extent. LSD, in particular, comes with so much 'baggage' like the time dilation, visual hallucinations, weird delusional thoughts and thought-loops. And there is a distinct lack of clarity with LSD, I found. A high dose of 5-MeO is Infinitely more intense, powerful, crystal clear, and profound. 

@Psychventure I'd say yes, but in a way that is hard to put into words. The background context for 'this' has permanently shifted resulting in a subtle but significant difference in experience of suffering and life in general. Generally speaking, the personality, your insecurities, habits etc remained pretty much exactly the same. However on a more subtle level, an opening or a partial breaking down of the sense of individuality occurred. I call it a 'softening of the ego', where by the edges of 'me' have been relaxed. A sense of being 'held' and being perfectly 'in place' within Reality has also arisen, which is very pleasant. I have certainly experienced very blissful bodily sensations since my full God breakthrough, however I wouldn't say this has improved the quality of my life. This was not the case prior to the breakthrough doses, but my life circumstances did significantly improve over the same period so that may have contributed towards it as well. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski