Marinador

About enlightenment, truth realization, abiding non dual awareness

66 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Marinador said:

Yeah but not abiding, when is gone you are in the dream, your enlightenment has been just a dream ?

It's ego who cares about abidance. Truth does not care.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

why would truth not care about unifying with itself?

and aren't you into sober methods for abidance?

36 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

why would truth not care about unifying with itself?

Because Truth is EVERYTHING, including non-abidance and disunity.

and aren't you into sober methods for abidance?

Sure, but I'm not hung up on it like some folks are. I don't discount nonduality just because it lasts 5 minutes. 5 minutes of nonduality is just as true and valid as 50 years of it. Because actually it's Eternal.

@Leo Gura the thing is though, the only way to know the truth is to BE it. Because any other way is grasping, which is impossible. You can't know/BE the truth by trying to take some diluted memory of a 5 minute trip back to a dualistic framework. Because that's just being a dualistic framework with a cool memory. So the only way for the truth to know itself is to abide by it. The truth can't know/be itself in disunity, that's literally what disunity is. 

2 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@Leo Gura the thing is though, the only way to know the truth is to BE it. Because any other way is grasping, which is impossible. You can't know/BE the truth by trying to take some diluted memory of a 5 minute trip back to a dualistic framework. Because that's just being a dualistic framework with a cool memory. So the only way for the truth to know itself is to abide by it. The truth can't know/be itself in disunity, that's literally what disunity is. 

Except I know precisely what Truth is. I'm it now and always.

It isn't just a memory, it's lesson for now. Similar to how if stick your hand in the fire when you are 10 years old for 5 seconds, 20 years later you still know that fire is hot.

You assume that psychedelics don't change you, but they do. It's just subtle.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Then what´s the point on the work? If ego´s desires are not important, and Truth doesn´t care in being awake or not, then I suppose you should be totally fine in living in delusion 100% of the time withouth ever waking up 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

2 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Then what´s the point on the work? If ego´s desires are not important, and Truth doesn´t care in being awake or not, then I suppose you should be totally fine in living in delusion 100% of the time withouth ever waking up 

But ego is not totally fine with that. Ego wants something more. Ego wants awakening, God, Love, Consciousness, Truth.

You will say, "But ego can't get those things!"

Maybe so, but ego doesn't know that! And by the time ego understands, it will be too late ;)

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But ego is not totally fine with that. Ego wants something more. Ego wants awakening, God, Love, Consciousness, Truth.

You will say, "But ego can't get those things!"

Maybe so, but ego doesn't know that! And by the time ego understands, it will be too late ;)

Well the ego can get those things, because when you awaken, even big awakenings, there's still egoic shit going on. And you agree because you've said in the past that everyone is partially awakened. Even if you know deep down it was Truth that woke up, and not the ego. The ego is still clearly there. Because there's all this shit you want to purge.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Except I know precisely what Truth is. I'm it now and always.

It isn't just a memory, it's lesson for now. Similar to how if stick your hand in the fire when you are 10 years old for 5 seconds, 20 years later you still know that fire is hot.

You assume that psychedelics don't change you, but they do. It's just subtle.

You seem to be making a distinction between knowing and abidance. Which sort of makes sense because awakened 'people' change state depending on what's going on, but the knowing is consistently the same. But I see abidance and knowing as the same thing. I've never experienced it happening before, but knowing must be impermanent too otherwise how does unenlightening happen.

7 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

you've said in the past that everyone is partially awakened.

No, I said no such nonsense.

I have said there are many degrees to awakening. But I have always said that 99.9999% of people are not awake and will never awaken.

The degrees of awakening only begin once your reach that 0.0001% Until then you ain't awake at all.

@Leo Gura Yeah i meant of that 0.00 whatever percent. You've said sadhguru and blabla are partially awakened. I didn't mean normies. 

of course the degrees dont start at 0.0001% otherwise the people on here wouldn't have degrees of it, which obviously they do. 

Edited by electroBeam

1 minute ago, electroBeam said:

@Leo Gura Yeah i meant of that 0.00 whatever percent. You've said sadhguru and blabla are partially awakened. I didn't mean normies.

Of the classically awakened teachers, they can have different levels. Comparing them is really hard cause you can't get inside their skulls.

@Dodo Notice the very important word "student".

Who here clears the bar of "student"?

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All of us. All of us.

-1/12 is Infinity 

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

the problem is, the hardest core ones on here get resistance from other users and mods for going too far ;) So the hardest core ones end up keeping their problems private or to themselves. So you wouldn't see many students on here.

Jed Mckenna's attitude isn't super welcome here, even if that attitude had love. Because that attitude pisses people off too much. 

Edited by electroBeam

33 minutes ago, Dodo said:

All of us. All of us.

Haha! :D

Students do their homework.

When you show me your homework, I'll start treating you nicer.

No homework = you're a bullshitter, not a student.

@Marinador I recently got Moby Dick. Call me ahab. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 minute ago, lmfao said:

@Marinador I recently got Moby Dick. Call me ahab. 

Distraction isn't homework.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Distraction isn't homework.

;-; 

----

Yeah. It's just an enjoyable fiction book, guess I'm no ahab. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Suffering is the only actual teacher, Leo teaching us is just a story :)

All the videos spiritual teachers make, what is that other than yourself sharing love to yourself. While pretending to be some separate spiritual teacher dude making it lol.

The only actual way you could possibly hand homework in, is through releasing suffering. Anything Leo could say to us in the dream to suggest that we are doing our homework, is ultimately none other than I sharing love to I.

But it makes a beautiful story though. The idea that Leo is actually teaching us and assessing our homework, its just when you break it down and realise Leo is indistinguishable from you and me and everything else, its just you sharing with you. A facade of distinction.

And if you want to share more love to yourself, have more of the dream characters wake up. But ultimately Leo can't make us do our homework, or assess it, because Leo really isn't there in actuality. And any assessment is less pure than the real teacher which is the suffering itself. And love. The teacher is suffering and love. 

Edited by electroBeam