Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lews Therin

Yoga after Enlightenment

16 posts in this topic

I've read before that you should drop the boat after crossing the river, and at the time i interpreted it as talking about religion specifically, now i'm wondering if it applies to Yoga too.

Specially considering people say it has other benefits like for concentration and etc...

So, has anyone tryed it? What are your thoughts? did you get any of those other realisations after enlightenment that Leo talks about?

Edited by Lews Therin

1 hour ago, Lews Therin said:

I've read before that you should drop the boat after crossing the river, and at the time i interpreted it as talking about religion specifically, now i'm wondering if it applies to Yoga too.

Specially considering people say it has other benefits like for concentration and etc...

So, has anyone tryed it? What are your thoughts? did you get any of those other realisations after enlightenment that Leo talks about?

What's the difference between doing yoga and not doing yoga?

What's the difference between asking me and asking you?

When it comes to spirituality, maintaining a duality of other people have the answers that you seek, will not work after 'enlightenment' depending on what you think enlightenment means.

Edited by electroBeam

2 hours ago, Lews Therin said:

I've read before that you should drop the boat after crossing the river

Heard it right.

2 hours ago, Lews Therin said:

now i'm wondering if it applies to Yoga too

Before that, you must understand what Yoga is, What is Yoga?

5 hours ago, electroBeam said:

What's the difference between doing yoga and not doing yoga?

What's the difference between asking me and asking you?

The main difference is that i don't need this forum to ask myself.

Other than that, i just want to hear the opinion of people who practiced Yoga both before and after awakening.

5 hours ago, electroBeam said:

When it comes to spirituality, maintaining a duality of other people have the answers that you seek, will not work after 'enlightenment' depending on what you think enlightenment means.

I don't think it means anything, i've woken up already, and even though "I" WILL try it out a little bit, it would be nice to hear the opinions of others who tryed it. That's why we are here isn't it?

4 hours ago, ajai said:

Heard it right.

Before that, you must understand what Yoga is, What is Yoga?

As far as i know it's supposed to be a way to get concentrated and "clean" yourself for enlightenment. But in my case waking up didn't take much discipline or focus, so i kinda wanted to go for it right now...

@Lews Therin From my POV, you're trying to dream up imaginary characters who know what the real you need more than the real you does. Which came across to me as being counter productive, and I was trying to point to that. 

If you're coming from another perspective though, then I'd definitely recommend yoga, its an amazing tool for self transformation, regardless of how enlightened you are. Enlightenment never ends in this particular context. 

50 minutes ago, Lews Therin said:

As far as i know it's supposed to be a way to get concentrated and "clean" yourself for enlightenment

Well, that maybe right as much as you understand Yoga, but "Yoga" is a very misunderstood term, infact it's even mispelled in English which I don't know why is the case, as far as Sanskrit the origin of the word is concerned it's written as ' योग ' and thus as per the sound we produce when we say that according to Sanskrit, it shoulda be spelled as YOG instead of Yoga but anyway,

there are many practices basically Yoga is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines.

So yes, you can get rid of few practices once you transcend a particular stage but there are many other advance practices too (for advanced stages) which you'll know after a little research of your own depending upon at which stage you are, so best advice would be to read it through all and understand the practices and get acquainted with Yoga fundamentally and then practice whatever is suitable accordingly, or atleast have a basic understanding of practices, and yes at super-advanced stages one should leave it all, hence these practices will guide you upto limited advanced stages after that you'll have some other guide.

Go ahead and read this:-

https://www.mea.gov.in/search-result.htm?25096/Yoga:_su_origen,_historia_y_desarrollo

and also let's look what wiki says:-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga

Yoga is useful throughout a whole human life because it takes care and is upkeep for all bodies (physical, emotional, energetic, ether). This idea of 'enlightenment' is kind of bullshit. There are many states you can reach, and Yoga is one way to ensure you remained aligned with the geometry of the cosmos. There are different kinds of yoga that address different facets of the human experience. It must be practiced to be understood.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Lews Therin Be sure to expect to explore and learn about it for years to come too,

Yoga is a journey with threshold guardians, and traps (mostly not doing it, or doing something too advanced too soon.... Which I've learned the hard way with Krya Supreme Fire). I am really just beginning a deeper study. Don't believe people who nay-say Yoga that involves movements either, I feel like I have seen that bias around here for people who are meditators. If more people meditated after a good Ashtanga practice I expect you would have a much deeper and pleasant meditation especially as you develop body awareness and energetic awareness. I have had so many awakenings into my energetic nature during my yoga practices I do online through Yogi Approved.... Which is a lot of flows and vinyasa. I plan on doing more Ashtanga in the future. I am also taking a Yoga Teachers course in june. Hope to be a good resource for everyone here in a few years. https://www.yogiapproved.com/classes/individual-classes/ .....

I do more Yoga than just this, but am deeply grateful for these classes. They also have a lot of great articles on different breathing techniques.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Enlightenment is not just a realization. It is a purification. Are you free from all attachments and suffering? If not, yoga is your friend.

Even if you were the most sinful of sinners, Arjuna, you could cross beyond all sin by the raft of spiritual wisdom. As the heat of a fire reduces wood to ashes, the fire of knowledge burns to ashes all karma. Nothing in this world purifies like spiritual wisdom. It is the perfection achieved in time through the path of yoga, the path which leads to the Self within. (Bhagavad Gita 4:36-38)

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Yesterday while reading a book on Leo's reading list I had a huge awakening! Yoga is so important! I think I just saw the tail of the ox...

◭"89"

@Thought Art Omazing xD

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.