Leo Nordin

What to do after awakening or "enlightenment"

16 posts in this topic

When a human has learned how to live in ecstasy whenever he wants to. What does he do then? Does he serve the world as ultimate unselfishness? 

@Leo Nordin what world bro? There's just getting lost in lack of distinction, falling in love with yourself over and over. And maybe that naturally carries out in helping the world.

After enlightenment: meditate and teach.

Why meditate? The Buddha, who achieved Nirvana at age 40, regularly meditated until he died at age 80. On summer retreats, he would often go into seclusion for days at a time in order to declutter his mind. The Buddha was enlightened, but he was still human. The human mind has a perpetual pull to revert to conditioned thoughts. Like a garden, it needs regular tending.

Why teach? To participate in the evolving expression of Consciousness, and thereby help others end their suffering.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Chop wood and carry water 

:D

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

@Moksha What do you think the balance would be between meditating and doing whats needed for the world? There are always conditional thoughts in teaching with language, I quess that's why Buddha had to take retreats. So is it basically serving the world to your highest capability. Which is only possible by keeping your mind, body, energy, consciousness in a certain state where you work the best? 

@Leo Nordin

Imo, this is where the Dreamboard comes in. You’ve already done the heavy lifting of experiencing which inherently created preferences. Now continue creating & discovering yourself, by getting it all in front of you and seeing it from a new vantage. Then watch & enjoy it all unfolding. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Nordin The Universe has a way of guiding you to the correct balance between meditation and teaching, based on what is needed in the moment. For example, Eckhart Tolle spent the first 3 years following his awakening in contemplation. It was only then that he felt the Universe driving him toward teaching others.

Teaching is really about transparency, so the light of Source can shine through you. A few of my favorite pointers:

When you are teaching, you get completely out of the way. (Kim Eng)

Never talk about presence with someone that isn’t interested in presence; the best way to teach presence is to be present. (Eckhart Tolle)

Every spiritual teacher is very simple. (Eckhart Tolle)

A conscious teacher is the space for your mind and your emotions until you can be the space. (Eckhart Tolle)

Bhikkhus, the teaching is merely a vehicle to describe the truth. Don’t mistake it for the truth itself. A finger pointing at the moon is not the moon. The finger is needed to know where to look for the moon, but if you mistake the finger for the moon itself, you will never know the real moon. The teaching is like a raft that carries you to the other shore. The raft is needed, but the raft is not the other shore. An intelligent person would not carry the raft around on his head after making it across to the other shore. Bhikkhus, my teaching is the raft which can help you cross to the other shore beyond birth and death. Use the raft to cross to the other shore, but don’t hang onto it as your property. Do not become caught in the teaching. You must be able to let it go. (Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds: Walking in the Footsteps of the Buddha)

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

This can't really be answered because when Liberation occurs it's completely fair game for this/that and in between.

If anyone tells you something should or shouldn't be done rest assured Liberation has not occurred there.

Otherwise it wouldn't be liberation!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake I wonder what historically people who have "liberated" awakened what they choose to do. Did some only do meditation, did some wander the world, did some be a leader or a teacher etc. 

9 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

@VeganAwake I wonder what historically people who have "liberated" awakened what they choose to do. Did some only do meditation, did some wander the world, did some be a leader or a teacher etc. 

Have you not meditated wandered lead and taught?

These are mere consequences of existence no one is higher than the other. ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Have you not meditated wandered lead and taught?

These are mere consequences of existence no one is higher than the other. ❤

Yes❤️ thought I just wonder how exemples of existence looks like. For example do these people typically get food by people for free or are there some that has had to work for it, what work? And what did they do for survival/bodily needs or preservation besides that? How/where did they sleep? And are there some great awakened leaders and what means did they use to lead people? Also do they forget to eat/sleep etc sometimes? 

Let's say you wander around the world aimlessly sharing joy on your way. Are there awakened people who has slept in the wild or is the preferred way sleeping in other people's homes. Or do the majority choose to stay in one place. 

I would be happy for any answer? thanks for your precious time?

On 21.10.2020 at 3:50 PM, Someone here said:

Chop wood and carry water 

:D

This!

@Leo Nordin Eckhart Tolle was homeless for a period of time. He spent 3 years just sitting on park benches and observing the world around him. He would stay with friends. When he first started teaching, the audiences were very small. Once he only had a single person show up, but he still taught.

Of course, everything changed after the publication of the "Power of Now". Everything except Eckhart himself. While writing the book, he had no idea if it would help anyone else. He believed that if the book was not successful, he would be equally happy selling tomatoes.

He has a lot of money now, but donates much of it anonymously, and more importantly he is not attached to it. He appreciates it for what it is, but is not owned by his possessions.

13 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

Yes❤️ thought I just wonder how exemples of existence looks like. For example do these people typically get food by people for free or are there some that has had to work for it, what work? And what did they do for survival/bodily needs or preservation besides that? How/where did they sleep? And are there some great awakened leaders and what means did they use to lead people? Also do they forget to eat/sleep etc sometimes? 

Let's say you wander around the world aimlessly sharing joy on your way. Are there awakened people who has slept in the wild or is the preferred way sleeping in other people's homes. Or do the majority choose to stay in one place. 

I would be happy for any answer? thanks for your precious time?

I would imagine all of the above honestly... there's no real telling.

I have heard everything from, major life transformation to nothing really noticeable externally changing at all.

It is very radical and fun to talk about so it does seem that there are quite a few that find a way to earn an income by sharing their communication whether by writing books, holding retreats and online discussion groups with those who are open-minded and interested in the message.... but it's obviously easier to find these people because of their popularity.

Simultaneously I would imagine it must happen all over the world and I'm sure some don't really discuss it that much at all.... I heard a story about an awakened guy discussing it with some people at a bar and his longtime friend grabbed him by the neck because he was so frustrated with what he was talking about.... So one probably should be aware of the company he or she is talking to...lol.

When Awakening occurred here for example I still had three years left in the military before getting a retirement pension for the rest of my life. It just made sense financially for our family for me to finish up and get that retirement.

Just simply can't tell it's fair game afterwards ❤

Well You’ll find out when you get there won’t you?

Become president, perhaps. Wouldn’t that be something!