Ook

Do you guys use reddit?

20 posts in this topic

Do you guys use reddit for self-improvement reasons? Are you active there? Do you get solid advice there? 

I used to, good stuff . But I tend to avoid it these days because of its addictive nature, its just to stimulating and can be overwhelming for me.

But in periods when I do research, I always go there. mostly forums, reddit and discord servers. Highways of info.

I use Reddit but for entertainment purposes. I do however follow some subs for self-improvement purposes like r/meditation. I will probably eventually drop Reddit though. 

That's the worst place to discuss politics, much less anything else 

People are better off by closing their reddit accounts 

It's pure poison to the brain. 

4chan needs no introduction or description. It has its own legacy of toxicity. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, Yog said:

I used to, good stuff . But I tend to avoid it these days because of its addictive nature, its just to stimulating and can be overwhelming for me.

Yeah, it is addictive

2 hours ago, TripleFly said:

too much orange for me green person XDno i amserious

xD

1 hour ago, from chaos into self said:

I do however follow some subs for self-improvement purposes like r/meditation. I will probably eventually drop Reddit though. 

Yeah subreddits such as those are pretty cool. But it can get overwhelming too

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I can no longer stand using social media anymore, I had used to be a 4chan reddit and twitter user but I deleted all of those accounts, simply because as I'm broadening my understanding of politics, ideology, and deception, I can no longer stand talking about normie politics with half wits.

If it's best for you then good!

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

People are better off by closing their reddit accounts 

It's pure poison to the brain. 

4chan needs no introduction or description. It has its own legacy of toxicity. 

It can be toxic AND helpful too. I dont endorse reddit, but if you look for quality stuff, you can find it

If you want to use it for self improvement I'd guess its best to do it with a dedicated purpose, you know what you are looking for, dive in,  you find what you need there, extract that stuff and get out. I've found very useful stuff there that was almost impossible to find elsewhere .

Also an amazing perk it has is the responsiveness , if you got a question for absolutely anything, you can get an answer in 5-10 mins max. You don't get that on many places.

But If you use it every day just to check up on things. swipe that app for some new "educational"  stuff I don't imagine it will be productive and serve self improvement. You'll end up procrastinating a lot.

Those are my 8 cents. :D

i just use it to look at memes from my favorite video games mostly. 

Pretty good to have a laugh every now and then.

12 hours ago, Yog said:

But If you use it every day just to check up on things. swipe that app for some new "educational"  stuff I don't imagine it will be productive and serve self improvement. You'll end up procrastinating a lot.

True, reddit consumes a lot of time unless you're using it for a specific purpose

5 hours ago, Byun Sean said:

i just use it to look at memes from my favorite video games mostly. 

Pretty good to have a laugh every now and then.

Lol yeah

4 hours ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

I used to.  Got tired of it.  Too much pointless arguments.

xD 

Edited by Ook

Reddit has LOTS of herd mentality, ideology, and pointless stuff in it, not to mention being a massive time eater. HOWEVER, there are countless good stuff that can be found (if you able to find them.) 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

23 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Preety_India you seem so confident.. please give me a better resource to discuss politics and don’t say this forum.

No where else can you have the most up to date news articles discussed and comments ranked by the people.  Where you get called out for false facts and gaslighting and general shit comments. Where there are moderators looking for rule breakers and hateful speech? Where we can have open discussions about New York time articles and the like? 

It annoying when you comment on things and seem so sure and that you have the truth about your OPINIONS. Spiritual arrogance! 

@Meditationdude  maybe you are the one with spiritual arrogance who doesn't want hate speech to be censored. 

Talk about Projecting on me and Gaslighting me for calling out the bullshit called Reddit. 

Edited by Preety_India

1 hour ago, Meditationdude said:

please give me a better resource to discuss politics and don’t say this forum.

Not my job to tell you a better source. You are an adult, go search yourself. 

This forum is gazillion times better when it comes to discussing politics. 

Here we don't encourage hate speech, but discuss conscious politics. 

Be mindful of your pathetic projections before you come around Gaslighting me. 

Edited by Preety_India

@Preety_India projection is human and I’m not perfect.

Sorry someone disagrees with you. Sorry someone sees how much you post on this forum and how you try to be an authority and awake. Sorry someone sees your arrogance and called you out. 

2 minutes ago, Meditationdude said:

@Preety_India projection is human and I’m not perfect.

Sorry someone disagrees with you. Sorry someone sees how much you post on this forum and how you try to be an authority and awake. Sorry someone sees your arrogance and called you out. 

All your Projections. 

I don't bother to argue. Everyone has freedom of opinion. 

Having an opinion not ≠ arrogance. 

Edited by Preety_India

@Ook  Research-wise it is gold. Even questions about psychedelics that get no answer on the forum here (because of their specific nature) get answered there in no time. However I added reddit on my block-these-websites-list cause of the addictive nature as others already noted; when you got your answer get the hell out of there.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Very rarely am I actually active there. But if I have a question on something I usually just type into Google "Blah blah blah reddit". Then cross examine all the answers I can find. But, when it comes to the "social" part of social media. I got most of that out of my system in my teens and early 20s. As for specifically self improvement I've found mixed results there. If I was to use Reddit to improve the "self" it would most likely be something physical such as nutrition or fitness.

Edited by Nos7algiK