Onitsuka

Paranoid Pattern Recognition

3 posts in this topic

Do any of you suspect the possibility of random comments or ads on message boards, forums, or social media platforms you frequent are in some capacity specifically for your eyes to see? Meant for you to read. I’m not referring to AI generated advertisements though, like those based on locale or demographic. 

Edited by Onitsuka

5 hours ago, Onitsuka said:

Do any of you suspect the possibility of random comments or ads on message boards, forums, or social media platforms you frequent are in some capacity specifically for your eyes to see? Meant for you to read. I’m not referring to AI generated advertisements though, like those based on locale or demographic. 

AI generated advertisements are not only based on locale and demographic but also based on your shopping history, browsing history, types of people you interact with and basically any data websites manage to collect from your activity. The AI "learns" what is the best ads to show you based on this information by trial and error. In some way it is showing the best ad "for you".

You decide if that's creepy or not. If you don't like it feel free to use services that hides your information.

Edited by 4201

Yea those are AI generated ads and they are usually to fit my shopping needs. It like they already know what I shopped for the week before. 

I had bought a lamp some weeks ago and then the pages I visited were flooded with lamp ads.. 

Well, there you go. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.