Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mvrs

The observer

6 posts in this topic

When you enter a non dual state is the observer and the observed combined so that there is only observer or no observer ? Like are you aware that duality collapsed or are u not aware of what happened till after your out? And that’s when the insight comes?

1 hour ago, Mvrs said:

When you enter a non dual state is the observer and the observed combined so that there is only observer or no observer ? Like are you aware that duality collapsed or are u not aware of what happened till after your out? And that’s when the insight comes?

A true non-dual state feels like you “popped” out of reality and you see what’s in front of you as a projection.

So imagine the scene right now, suddenly you realize it is a painting, and you step outside the painting and look at it directly.

You can see the “void” around your bubble of perception, and then you realize that everything in your direct experience is a flat, dimensionless projection emanating from you, nothingness.

Its like realizing you’ve had a 360 degree screen wrapping around you your entire life.

I’ve experienced this many times, and it is incredible. Truly remarkable.

Edited by justfortoday

59 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

To truly know, one must try. 

To think you know, one must ask. 

You can't enter non-duality. You are non-duality. 

This is a non answer. 

1 hour ago, justfortoday said:

A true non-dual state feels like you “popped” out of reality and you see what’s in front of you as a projection.

So imagine the scene right now, suddenly you realize it is a painting, and you step outside the painting and look at it directly.

You can see the “void” around your bubble of perception, and then you realize that everything in your direct experience is a flat, dimensionless projection emanating from you, nothingness.

Its like realizing you’ve had a 360 degree screen wrapping around you your entire life.

I’ve experienced this many times, and it is incredible. Truly remarkable.

This is it!  I've had this shift before and all of the "teachings" and videos and the human condition all made sense in one big swoop.  But I "lost" it and now I (yes I know, "I") can't seem to get there anymore or stay there.  I remember it being so simple that it was laughable to even do anything about it.

I feel like visual learners like myself can get lost in riddles and vague pointers--posts like the one quoted are beneficial to understanding to some of us.