Meister_Eckhart

How can one know the truth of one's insight?

32 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Yet perhaps the actual beach hasn't been revealed to you yet.

I guess I know better what has been revealed to me and what hasn't. 

31 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

You’re saying the ego is an “experience”. The ego is false. Therefore, it is possible to experience falsehood.

Unless you think the ego is truth

You are confusing things. What you call "the ego" is the sensation of" I'm a separate entity inside this body perhaps somewhere behind the eyes.".. Is that sense there? Yes sometimes. So its true as long as it is there.  Yet other times like when you are let's say so immersed watching your favorite TV show.. That sense is not there.. So it's not true at that moment.  

There is no true experience and false experience. If there is an experience it's a true experience. If there isn't.. There isn't. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

How can one know the truth of one's insight?

If something is in your sight, it is true.

In other words, only things in your direct experience are true. 

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I guess I know better what has been revealed to me and what hasn't. 

A trick of a mind. The mind is unaware of what it is unaware of. One indication that a realization has not yet been revealed is the manner of communication. If a person does not speak the language "glefdikov", they don't speak the language "glefdikov" and it is apparent to someone that has experience with "glefdikov".

This is evident logically. For example, if someone believes each person is either moral or immoral, they are locked in a binary mindset. If they cannot speak of morality in terms of degrees or relativity - they haven't realized these aspects yet. They can say "I fully understand degrees and relativity of morality", yet that doesn't mean they have understanding. 

The higher a being evolves, the rarer they encountered another being with 'higher' / 'deeper' awareness. When this happens, it is a goldmine in terms of self-actualization and enlightenment. These encounters are treasures to an explorer. They can reveal new unexplored areas. Imagine exploring the same forest for years and encountering another explorer that says "You haven't been through the cave passage yet, on the other side of the boulder there is a whole new jungle with unique plants and animals. You gotta check it out!!". A genuine seeker of truth for truth's sake would not respond "I already get that jungle". Rather, they would get curious and ask for directions to explore it themself.  

@Forestluv What an beatiful explanation ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Forestluv OK so what exactly am I unaware of? Precisely in this topic at hand about the nature of how knowledge works.  In highlight to my responses in the first page.  I'm not sure what is your objection exactly.  ?You are saying my perspective is limited and partial.   And I told you yes it is. So is your perspective. And everyone else.  

My statement of "I fully understand oneness" seems annoying to you for some reason.  I'm not gonna waste time trying to show you how I understand it.  Feel absolutely free to say that I don't understand yet. No problem at all. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Forestluv OK so what exactly am I unaware of?

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

I have a grown nondual understanding also.. And I fully understand that reality is ONE thing.. From this perspective knowing is illusory because it's a distinction. There is only being. 

And nah I'm not just parroting this stuff. I'm fully getting it. ?

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Forestluv 

My statement of "I fully understand oneness" seems annoying to you for some reason.  I'm not gonna waste time trying to show you how I understand it.  Feel absolutely free to say that I don't understand yet. No problem at all. 

It's not annoying at all to me.

I don't seem to be helpful here, so I will step aside. I wish you the best in your endeavor. 

@Forestluv I do feel a need to apologize. I was kinda mean or cold with you.  I learn from you a lot and I totally appreciate your trying to expand my view. However I do acknowledge that all perspectives are partial. And if you go back thats what I said in my first reply here. So it was because you seemed to be disagreeing with me or saying that my view is limited.. While I myself acknowledge that. So it was kinda confusing to me. 

12 hours ago, Meister_Eckhart said:

Let's say you contemplate something. Or you take some psychedelic. An insight into some matter comes up for you. For example, you start to see that everything is one. You feel in your gut that this insight is true and from now on you live your life accordingly.

But - how do you know whether or not this insight is actually true? Couldn't it be that it's just another perspective that suits you at this time? Something that makes you feel really good and special for having this perspective? People have lots of different insights, I wonder how to distinguish between fantasy and the truth of it.

It feels authentic and it provides you with deeper understanding.

Can someone please tell me what intuition is? The question has kept me awake last night I need some sleep.