Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UDT

Is Science A Life Purpose Trap?

3 posts in this topic

Hey! I wanna ask a question to the wise about life purpose across our spiral development.

Stage Orange LP:
It is clear to me that making money as a marketer, sales rep, financial analyst, in an office, is a soulless stage orange brain wash trap. (at least imp)
Also being a startup founder of some new technology app, SaaS Solution for businesses etc., is just a trap. Its a better life if you make money, than the above, but its still orange money chase, building upon the pyramid of business solutions and value pyramid schemes where ultimately you serve consumerist exploitation of the "workforce" / consumer.

Green has idealistic motives, but teaching meditation or working in an eco friendly cafe is also delusional ego behavior. Its mostly just privilege which allows you to run around like that, but there is even less socio-economic value produced then in the orange LP. Youre not doing harm but in a sense you are because you are wasting your privilege and responsibility just riding on the hard work of your ancestors and the luck of the draw being born in Sweden, Canada or wherever. Basically you leech of the wealthier orange workforce by selling them a nice vibe coffee or cater to their needs for soul through stuff like meditation. But without those people existing, wouldn't work.  

Then we have Yellow. What is a Yellow LP? Combining the practicality and value seeking of orange with more conscious outcomes. Now you might start a busines which still has orange workforce people but you try to at least aim the business to produce conscious product and services. This is incredibly hard to bootstrap because what makes you money is red and orange behavior. Companies who are already established now can use their economies of scale to be more green. Rarely they've started there. Ofc most big corps. are stuck in red/orange, but they could radically influence positive change, if they wanted to.

Basically: The higher your development, the more you don´t care about the gravity of the values of your society, and the more responsibility and nuanced your work wants to be. Its really hard to be part of the solution, not of the problems.

So now Science. 

Science is corrupted by the great filter of blue-ish elite journals and orange business funding, and empirical replicability of studies is questionable, I agree. 
BUT
Here´s my thought: Its pure. It is the study of natures mechanics. It can be the study of how make better solar panels, or how to heal people better, which then could lead to yellow-ish money making. 

So is becoming a master in your favourite sciences by itself not a way more developed life purpose?
Because you just deepen your understanding of reality, which is a way more noble pursuit than everything else
?

Is my view wrong here? Its like Elon Musk is way more developed than a Bezos/Buffet type. Way more.
But he is also more developed than a guru meditating. 
Because the guru keeps his bubble.
Both can understand reality fully, but the guru is a high-jacker of the game of life,
while a Musk type creates way more, adapts to the world he lives in,
and actually provides real value. The guru can only meditate as long as the earth still supplies him with oxygen and food. He is in a way also leeching off value from others / from nature without giving back (monks dont count if they are farmers as well, but this worked maybe 1000 years ago, not today)

Reality might be imaginary but value certainly is not subjective. At its core its creation. You seek internal buddhahood in order to first live in peace and then create more peace. 

Would love to hear your thoughts on this. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

15 minutes ago, UDT said:

So is becoming a master in your favourite sciences by itself not a way more developed life purpose?
Because you just deepen your understanding of reality, which is a way more noble pursuit than everything else
?

I guess it depends on your values... What is noble and more developed for you. I can' t say that being a scientist is more noble than, for example, a firefighter or gardener. They are all people doing their jobs. All of them can potentially produce massive value. All of them can put their heart and soul into what they're doing. Or not. I was a molecular and cell biologist for over a decade. I've met quite a few scientists. There are many ego-driven and power hungry folks among them, and there are also those that are motivated by higher ideals, ideas and a need to help. I definitely don't respect scientists more than any other person. We are all human at the end of the day. I think our professions and educations don't matter that much. It's our unique personal qualities and what we do about them that make the whole difference in terms of something being more or less developed. 

Im making the claim that value is in fact not subjective from the most macro perspective of living.

Edit:

Being a good/conscious being, or "awakening" is just step 1. 
(Granted there are probably 0,01 x N steps in between 0 and 1, but thats life)

Once you wake up, you are exactly where you are so what to do with life? 
And there I think there is a pre-designed value structure intrinsically. Because there is only one highest philosophy so to speak.

Its like you are in a fleshy themepark with a ticket valid for 72 hours. There is clearly things you should do, and things to not do.  

Step 1 is looking at the dao and then every other step can be mapped against the realization of the dao and its consequences. You get me? In the end there is only one way manifesting itself in infinite circumstances and situations.

@Leo Gura Said it approx. like this " You realize and then you think why was I so harsh and grindy about life in the past 10 years and didnt enjoy being more.." 

Exactly but enjoying being is not sitting around or doing excel spreadsheets for 8hours x 40 years. Its like you only look at and interact with the left toenail of your girlfriend. Reality is infinitely profound internally AND externally. 

Edited by UDT
clarifications

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?