Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epiphany_Inspired

Psychedelics And Collective Consciousness

12 posts in this topic

Re: Leo's new psychedelics and psychedelic safety videos

I think these video's are incredible. I adore that Leo had no issue with sharing bathroom details (especially because they truly illustrated his experience). I can't wait o experience that same level of eternal love at some point on my journey. There was one thing that stood out to me as potentially limiting though, what are your thoughts:

The idea that psychedelics should always be done alone, or in small numbers, and never at music festivals for actualization work.... There are festivals known as "transformational" that feature workshops on consciousness/ enlightenment etc. They have harm reduction teams on hand from leading research institutions that specialize in helping people use psilocybin etc. for personal growth. These festivals are known to evoke a sensation of collective consciousness (with or without substances), and often strive to embody the divine type of love Leo felt. Transformational festivals also showcase music that is less about "rocking out in a drunken escape", and more like fun, dance-able, and entrancing frequencies etc. Do you believe that (with the interconnected-ness of the universe), a "collective consciousness" exists with humans that can become more apparent when sharing a psychedelic experience at a venue conducive to this? 

I have been to a number of these festivals, and some are all about debauchery, others are of a higher consciousness. I have to agree with Leo that this is often not safe, a man just died at one of these festivals by accidentally walking off a cliff (another reason burning man is in the desert). Anyway, I will be volunteering at one of these festivals next month. I will not be taking psychedelics, but I will be attending a high quality harm reduction training class and similar workshop with a major medical research team. I will add a post about my experience to this thread when I return....thoughts?

I would attend something like that. It sounds like it could be really beneficial. I've taken both mushrooms and LSD at regular concerts and frankly haven't enjoyed it much. MDMA at concerts has been fantastic for me though. Setting really does make all the difference with mushrooms and LSD.

Would you like to share the name of these events with us?  I'd like to do some Googling on it :)

Edited by ChimpBrain

If you want to have trips that scare the shit out of you, go right ahead. But then don't come crying.

Those mushrooms are a powerful trickster-like god. He will punish you relentlessly for misusing them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you want to have trips that scare the shit out of you, go right ahead. But then don't come crying.

Those mushrooms are a powerful trickster-like god. He will punish you relentlessly for misusing them.

She gave a pretty good basis for using psychedelics at an event like that.  Tons of people do it successfully.  Not sure what's up with the dismissiveness.  You seem to think you know an awful lot about psychedelics after a couple trips.   

@Heart of Space The potential for delusion and misuse of these substances is very great. You guys can do whatever you want. But I had to warn you.

@Leo Gura @Heart of Space @ChimpBrain @Outer

Thank you all so much for the input! To clarify, I did not mean that I intend to do this myself anytime soon (nor should anyone new to psychedelics). Personally, I know I am not at a high enough level currently to consider it (and have debilitating nausea with this  experience now too, brain injury mimics concussion vertigo, suggestions to overcome?). That said, what I want to discover is: if there is any potential merit, (for those at Leo-ish level) to have a joint psychedelic experience with other people that have the same intention? Personally I do believe in collective consciousness, and the scientific evidence of this that is emerging all over the world. Do any of you feel that, on the path to enlightenment, there is the potential to raise the consciousness/ frequency of the population in general (+ your own) by sharing these experiences? Maybe a music festival is not ideal, maybe a nature retreat (or something) is better... but the concept... What do you think? As for recreational vs personal growth use, isn't that more dependant on your intention, than on your location?  Thank you for the references, I will do some research!

@Outer / Leo, MAPS (that Outer mentioned is a wonderful organization). What do you think of the environment/ setting style they use for therapy purposes? Is having a psychologist with you in this state, in an unfamiliar analytical place, also a recipe for a "scare the shit out of you" experience? Thanks!

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired
add + your own, to be clear

@Epiphany_Inspired Doing psychedelics with a trained professional, as part of therapy, is a sound strategy. Although hard to find that since it's mostly illegal.

MAPS does good work.

On 8/24/2016 at 3:47 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Heart of Space The potential for delusion and misuse of these substances is very great. You guys can do whatever you want. But I had to warn you.

Certainly, Leo.  You're right and I appreciate the concern.  I think your intentions were right, but I think what is the fundamental cause of delusion should be delved into rather than straight up condemning one particular environment where people use them. 

@Heart of Space , @Leo Gura  I have returned, and though I did not consume any psychedelics, my experience was still transformational (requiring processing, integration, etc in the most positive sense). I had taken Leo's advice to heart and advocated for avoidance of psychedelics in any situation with numerous people, and overstimulation. That said, during my experience, my position changed, and I feel a TRULY TRANSFORMATIONAL festival has enormous potential for conscious personal evolution with or without psychedelics (a typical rock-out "party festival" is not suitable).

The harm reduction team consisted of an ayahuasca shaman (facilitating ceremonies worldwide), Life Coaches, MAPS professionals, etc. Where else would you have access to such a diverse team of incredible individuals, and the support of everyone in a village-like community that was equivalent to a deeply loving family? Collective consciousness aside, for now, I feel that there is tremendous potential benefit with this level of support alone. The nature of the music and consciousness workshops at a transformational event are completely conducive to personal growth; plus, the connectedness, curiosity, openness, and alchemy of the environment may indeed be a safe and harmonious place to learn from psychedelics. (The only "bad trips" involved existing mental illness). Are there any suitable situations for psychedelics in a group (special retreats, etc?)

Below I will list some info from my new harm reduction notes (my previous experience was large scale, more urgent, and less compassionate in nature). I would also like to eventually journal my entire experience here/ online...but in a sentence: I experienced constant synchronicity and that divinity even returned with me! My Notes - Harm Reduction:

The purpose or intention of the experience is as important as the person and the place. When facilitating a refuge, or "safe space" for another's psychedelic experience consider the following: reduce stimulation, be nurturing and welcoming, maintain the threshold between reality and the realm "over the edge", be more than someone just sitting there while not becoming intrusive or trying to "guide" the experience, have total respect and a willingness to be taught something yourself, trust in the person and their choice of "medicine" with confidence (unless there are breathing/medical problems), let go of expectations, allow for the alchemy of their manifestations, and offer help with integration at least a few days after the experience to help them process, listening not guiding (how can they work with the story overtime? Are there themes in the experience? etc)

Extra PSA: Of all of the stories I have heard about actual harm at festivals, the issue was never really the environment. It was the danger resulting from loosing touch with reality. For example, the guy walking off the cliff could be someone falling off a balcony or walking into traffic...the woman walking into the fire naked, could have been someone scalding or themselves in an apartment instead... please consider having a "reality buddy" with you!

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired
grammar

Hi all, I just want to askl if someone ever tried using shrooms or truffles for medical purposes? I was reading some articles about this magic truffles and shrooms before engaging my self for the first time .They say that it has a very potent effect on the brain and hallucination. Unlike marijuana does it have any medical use? In one article that I've read magic truffles or shrooms are use on reducing the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety. It can also help people to quit smoking and alcohol addiction. Some studies also suggest the property of magic shrooms/truffles can be useful for cancer patients. I would really want to hear other insights regarding this new possible alternative meds. Thanks

Edited by Kamikazoo
Wrong hyperlink url

On 8/24/2016 at 4:09 AM, Leo Gura said:

That's just plain untrue, it's just you teaching yourself and plenty of people do have a good time with mushrooms on festivals.

I wouldn't recommend it though, because for most people there's the potential you trigger deep fears/sadness/anger and these places, how developed the general consciousness might be, is still really superficial in general I think compared to deep emotional work.

But you still can't properly ball your eyes out or scream at the top of lungs of pain at these places if you want to, and that's kind of a waste and might leave you in a more troubled ego state for some time.

I've seen this many times at concerts. In the parking lot too before the concert even got started. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:47 PM, Leo Gura said:

You guys can do whatever you want. But I had to warn you.