Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UnconsciousBastard

Few Questions about concioussness

5 posts in this topic

Hi , I'm following leo videos for a long time and i remained confused about some spiritual topics.
My questions are:
1. On some videos leo talks about consciousness as a quality you have, for example he says "your goal in life is to increase your level of consciousness, or you are not conscious enough, or you have to develop your consciousness and so on.

And on other videos he talks about it as the absolute truth, the fabric of reality, god , the thing that everything happens within or even the true nature of me.
So which one of them is right?

2. Leo says only direct experience is true which makes sense, BUT , according to my direct experience consciousness is not universal.
I have my own consciousness for example, the things i see, the thoughts i think etc.. (I'm concious only of My human existence)
It is safe to assume other people have their own consciousness as well although I'm not directly conscious of it.
so every person or living being has its own consciousness which contradicts what leo says. (that everything is one big consciousness)

3.On one video Leo said that everything you are not directly conscious of is not true, for example, the back of your head or my parents if they are not in front of me.
But these things actually exist, I'm just not aware of them, so what are you really saying here?

4.Why 2 people have 2 different concious expiriences? What is the thing that limits the concioussness to one place?
Is it the brain? If yes, once you kill the brain you kill the person and its game over and leo claims that's not true.

I feel like  since I started to follow this topics just added alot of confusion to my life , de-motivated me and generally had a negative impact.

I can't see how this is not just more theories and mind games.
Asking who am i or what i am did not lead me anywhere.
Asking questions about life didn't lead me anywhere to, so i get to some conclusions and then what? where is the amazing enlightenment.

help :(

9 minutes ago, UnconsciousBastard said:

Hi , I'm following leo videos for a long time and i remained confused about some spiritual topics.
My questions are:
1. On some videos leo talks about consciousness as a quality you have, for example he says "your goal in life is to increase your level of consciousness, or you are not conscious enough, or you have to develop your consciousness and so on.

And on other videos he talks about it as the absolute truth, the fabric of reality, god , the thing that everything happens within or even the true nature of me.
So which one of them is right?

Imagine you are sitting in a room with the lights turned up to 1%. The room is light. But its hard to see clearly what's going on. Now imagine the light is cranked up to 1,000,000% and you see everything perfectly. The room is still the exact same light, but now nothing in the room is hidden from view.

Light = consciousness (in this analogy)

It is safe to assume other people have their own consciousness as well although I'm not directly conscious of it.
so every person or living being has its own consciousness which contradicts what leo says. (that everything is one big consciousness)

No, that is not safe to assume. There are no safe assumptions in this work. Question everything.

3. But these things actually exist, I'm just not aware of them

Or maybe they don't. Maybe you're imagining them.

4.Why 2 people have 2 different concious expiriences? What is the thing that limits the concioussness to one place?
Is it the brain? If yes, once you kill the brain you kill the person and its game over and leo claims that's not true.

There aren't really 2 people. There is one single field of consciousness which imagines separation. This is almost impossible for the ego-mind to understand because your ego-mind assumes it is real and separate from everything else.

I feel like  since I started to follow this topics just added alot of confusion to my life , de-motivated me and generally had a negative impact.

This work can be very challenging. You must have a serious desire for knowing the truth.

And yes, it is very confusing.

I can't see how this is not just more theories and mind games.
Asking who am i or what i am did not lead me anywhere.
Asking questions about life didn't lead me anywhere to, so i get to some conclusions and then what? where is the amazing enlightenment.

help :(

Take a psychedelic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Omg! an answer from leo himself! Thank you so much , I'l work harder also got your course .

Interesting, about the assumption question, It feels very weird because common sense says other people are conscious too and this work leads me to that i am the only thing that exists, I'm not even a human and concioussness (which is me) is always shifting.
So what about those true things which cannot be directly experienced (for example other people experiences)? Are they automatically false?  
It's an Absurd to think everybody doesn't exist and that I'm the only thing that is

Edited by UnconsciousBastard

1 hour ago, UnconsciousBastard said:

@Leo Gura
So what about those true things which cannot be directly experienced (for example other people experiences)?

If you can't experience them, why do you say they are true?

You need to seriously investigate what "true" means at all. What sense does it make to say a thing is true if you don't experience it?

It's an Absurd to think everybody doesn't exist and that I'm the only thing that is

Why? Isn't that what's literally true in your experience?

Maybe what's truly absurd is believing in the magical experiences of others which you have in fact never seen?

Why is it absurd to believe in unicorns, but not absurd to believe in "other experiences" when both are equally imaginary? Contemplate this.

You have to seriously question the assumptions culture has programmed you with. Consider the possiblity that you've been brainwashed into believing that other people are real.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura
Thank you so much for your answers, I highly appreciate it.
Makes sense,finally , who said that only what you directly experience is true? and there are no things behind the scenes as you call it. Isn't it just a belief?

Edited by UnconsciousBastard