Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mvrs

What is the experience of infinity?

148 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Member said:

Please extrapolate. What do you mean by no time?

Just pointing out that enlightenment implies time. Unless you are born enlightened, time has to pass before you become enlightened. That is the paradoxical interaction between the transcendent and form dimensions.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

48 minutes ago, Member said:

Please extrapolate. What do you mean by no time?

If you have a ego death you ll realize that it's no time, that the mind is creating the time. It's not like a time that never ends, it's a moment that is stopped, without begining or end because it's not moving. Same time you will realize that there is nothing, that the mind is creating all the reality. How could be that? I don't know. For me was really unpleasant, trauma, but right now my mind crash and I realized that I am, when I was the void, the nothingness, I was. The void is void but "is" . It's no concept for that. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

5 hours ago, Moksha said:

Just pointing out that enlightenment implies time. Unless you are born enlightened, time has to pass before you become enlightened. That is the paradoxical interaction between the transcendent and form dimensions.

This is a fantasy. Your birth is a thought as enlightenment. There must be a person in first place to get enlightened. You are not a biological entity, which is a thought again.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

5 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

If you have a ego death you ll realize that it's no time, that the mind is creating the time. It's not like a time that never ends, it's a moment that is stopped, without begining or end because it's not moving. Same time you will realize that there is nothing, that the mind is creating all the reality. How could be that? I don't know. For me was really unpleasant, trauma, but right now my mind crash and I realized that I am, when I was the void, the nothingness, I was. The void is void but "is" . It's no concept for that. 

I am that i am :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 hours ago, James123 said:

This is a fantasy. Your birth is a thought as enlightenment. There must be a person in first place to get enlightened. You are not a biological entity, which is a thought again.

It's popular to dismiss our little-selves as pure illusion. I see it differently. The world of form isn't unreal. Matter and energy exist. Humans exist, if only for a very brief period of time. We are waves on the vast ocean of Source, but we are still waves and we are still born from that Source.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

It's popular to dismiss our little-selves as pure illusion. I see it differently. The world of form isn't unreal. Matter and energy exist. Humans exist, if only for a very brief period of time. We are waves on the vast ocean of Source, but we are still waves and we are still born from that Source.

As long as you are happy with your current situation. But it is not the truth. You are the source all is happening within you, as you. Because you are nothing. If there is no sun, there is no body, if there is no body, there is no sun. You are already complete. You dont born, be born is just a word. 

Your answer is experience of the self, when you experience infinity there is no self to experience anything . Because you are nothing, there is nothing to experience, you are the experience itself.

Edited by James123

12 hours ago, James123 said:

People aren't thoughts. We are physical bodies/personality (Form) paired with consciousness (Source). Our Form identity is ephemeral, and dissipates at death. Our Source identity is unchanging, and is one with the Source that enlivens all beings.

And yes, duality exists, but only within the world of name and form. Transcendent reality is nondual.

Edited by Moksha

9 minutes ago, Moksha said:

People aren't thoughts. We are physical bodies/personality (Form) paired with consciousness (Source). Our Form identity is ephemeral, and dissipates at death. Our Source identity is unchanging, and is one with the Source that enlivens all beings.

And yes, duality exists, but only within the world of name and form. Transcendent reality is nondual.

Increase your consciousness till no you left, you (thought again). Peace! 

Edited by James123

@James123 Peace.

21 hours ago, Member said:
3 hours ago, James123 said:

Because you are nothing. If there is no sun, there is no body, if there is no body, there is no sun

If you and the sun have the consistence of a thought , where is the difference, or the problem? For you and for me the sun is there burning since millions of years, and now many thoughts are being created in our mind, from the nothing. They exist until they get dissolved in the nothing, like the sun and the universe. They are like waves created in the nothingness. No one knows how or why 

38 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

There is no one to know anything. Entire duality is a thought. Nothing never get created, it is all helpining within thought process. You are the sun, you are the body, because you are nothing, therefore absolute. Big Bang happened because within the thought. If you not know, big bang never happens. 

8 hours ago, Moksha said:

A good inquiry would be "What do I mean when I say "matter exist"".

What is really "matter" for you? Something that cant be changed? A material that is outside of One´s control?

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

19 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

A good inquiry would be "What do I mean when I say "matter exist"".

What is really "matter" for you? Something that cant be changed? A material that is outside of One´s control?

The word "exist" literally means "to stand out". For something to exist, it has to be manifested. Source doesn't exist, but it is real.

Matter and energy exist. They are real, but are restricted to the dimension of form. They are caused and enlivened by Source. As such they are part of Source, and they cannot exist without Source.

Here's a passage from the Bhagavad Gita that I came across last night. It summarizes how I see Source interacting with the world of form:

There is nothing that exists separate from me, Arjuna. The entire universe is suspended from me as my necklace of jewels. Arjuna, I am the taste of pure water and the radiance of the sun and moon. I am the sacred word and the sound heard in air, and the courage of human beings. I am the sweet fragrance in the earth and the radiance of fire; I am the life in every creature and the striving of the spiritual aspirant…In those who are strong, I am strength, free from passion and selfish attachment. I am desire itself, if that desire is in harmony with the purpose of life. (7:8-11)

1 hour ago, James123 said:

Entire duality is a thought.

A thought that appears in the nothingness. Exactly like a thought that apears in your mind to you in the nothingness between 2 thoughts. How it appears? Look it, it have a shape, a movement, even it's only a thought. In the moment when it is formed from the nothingness, it became real, like the nothingness is real too. So the nothingness must be something. It's the same to say, the illusion is nothing because it comes from the nothingness, or say, the nothingness is something because the illusion came from the nothingness

Edited by Breakingthewall

33 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

A thought that appears in the nothingness. Exactly like a thought that apears in your mind to you in the nothingness between 2 thoughts. How it appears? Look it, it have a shape, a movement, even it's only a thought. In the moment when it is formed from the nothingness, it became real, like the nothingness is real too. So the nothingness must be something. It's the same to say, the illusion is nothing because it comes from the nothingness, or say, the nothingness is something because the illusion came from the nothingness

Nothing appears or disappear. You still naming and labeling the words. There is no such a thing real or unreal, appear or disappear. Stop naming and labeling, whatever left is it, which is you. Because everything you say is something, when you stop naming and labeling only left is nothing, which is you cant even say nothing, because word of nothing is still something. Therefore if you dont think, Nothing never happens, which is home, before so called birth.  Go more deeper. Peace! 

Edited by James123

I just came across a Buddha story on the subject of this thread, and it taught me an important truth. Enlightenment is the path to living, not a course on metaphysics. Sometimes we (at least I) get caught up in concepts instead of focusing on the message of the Buddha. If you're interested, here's the story:

"Well, Lord, if this question of self and perceptions is difficult for one like me - tell me: Is the world eternal? Is only this true and the opposite false?"

"Potthapada, I have not declared that the world is eternal and that the opposite view is false."

"Well, Lord, is the world not eternal?"

"I have not declared that the world is not eternal…"

"Well, Lord, is the world infinite… not infinite…"

"I have not declared that the world is not infinite and that the opposite view is false."

"But, Lord, why has the Lord not declared these things?"

"Potthapada, that is not conducive to the purpose, not conducive to Dhamma, not the way to embark on the holy life; it does not lead to disenchantment, to dispassion, to cessation, to calm, to higher knowledge, to enlightenment, to Nibbána. That is why I have not declared it."

"But, Lord, what has the Lord declared?"

"Potthapada, I have declared: 'This is suffering, this is the origin of suffering, this is the cessation of suffering, and this is the path leading to the cessation of suffering.'"

"But, Lord, why has the Lord declared this?"

"Because, Potthapada, this is conducive to the purpose, conducive to Dhamma, the way to embark on the holy life; it leads to disenchantment, to dispassion, to cessation, to calm, to higher knowledge, to enlightenment, to Nibbána. That is why I have declared it."

7 hours ago, Moksha said:

I just came across a Buddha story on the subject of this thread, and it taught me an important truth. Enlightenment is the path to living, not a course on metaphysics. Sometimes we (at least I) get caught up in concepts instead of focusing on the message of the Buddha. If you're interested, here's the story:

If there is no self, who is walking the path to enlightenment? Some say that babies and even murderers are already enlightened, or everyone is enlightened because nothing happens. How does that fit into this picture?

9 hours ago, James123 said:

Therefore if you dont think, Nothing never happens,

Nothing happens, only being.