Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meditationdude

Pranayama breathing - major crying spells

8 posts in this topic

Every single time I do Pranayama breath work (2-3 times weekly) I start balling crying. It’s doesn’t feel bad or negative but without a doubt every single time I’m completely overtaken with emotion. My therapist doesn’t really understand why so I thought I’d ask y’all what might be going on? This crying feels amazing btw and I don’t normally cry in everyday life. 

@Meditationdude

The breath truly is the breath of life in the metaphysical sense.  Infused with intention and sentiment, the breath purifies the body of emotional misunderstanding which lies more surface level relative to intention. I agree, it is an amazing feeling. That you are not labeling this experience as feeling bad or negative as you purify yourself is an all too rare & uniquely delightful thing to hear.  Reconnecting so to speak with the prana, chi, (whatever we call it) is an ideal time (if you haven’t) to extend intention & sentiment by blending it with ‘reality’ via a dream board. At the trajectory of your sentiment expressed here, as it is supposition to conception and therefore manifestation, you stand to realize profound effortlessness, synchronicity and a rather visceral intrinsic guidance.  Good for you, Godspeed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I don't cry, but I experience extreme degree of personality change even after 4-5 deep full breaths. Everything just becomes deeper. More equanimous

4 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

Every single time I do Pranayama breath work (2-3 times weekly) I start balling crying. It’s doesn’t feel bad or negative but without a doubt every single time I’m completely overtaken with emotion. My therapist doesn’t really understand why so I thought I’d ask y’all what might be going on? This crying feels amazing btw and I don’t normally cry in everyday life. 

Did it take you long to learn this technique? Where did you learn it? I've cried before as well while doing breathe work (holotropic & wim hof). From a material perspective this deep breathing stimulates the nervous system and greatly relaxes it. If you have stored up trauma you can be stuck in a perpetual fight or flight reaction that you've gotten numb/unconscious to so when the breathing is happening and the calm is being introduced to the body it causes that stagnant stuff to start coming up and being processed. 

@Lyubov interesting.. ya I have something called sensory processing sensitivity and my nervous system is affected by this. Wondering if it has something to do with that but I also have minor trauma and am in recovery (opiate addiction).

I learned it from the insight timer app and I’ve only been doing it two months. Been meditating daily for many years though and also use mushrooms occasionally. 

The crying isn’t from sadness it feels like it’s coming from a sense of gratitude and joy. My whole body is lit up with energy and I’m vibrating like crazy. 

@Nahm thank you ? 

Is it safe to do this breath work daily or could increasing your consciousness too fast bring on too much suffering? I know everyone’s different but what’s a healthy practice look like in terms of times per week roughly? 

I’ve asked many people this question but never on this forum. 

@Meditationdude

Everyone is different in estimation indeed, but no Individual has consciousness, and therefore no individual can raise it. That consciousness is a product or output of a human is a finite human level belief about that which is appearing as the human & world. Consciousness does not have properties, like ‘raisability’. I understand the pointing phrasing of this, but your specifically asking about this because of the feeling of concern. The relief from that concern is the exact inverse of an understanding of consciousness as it relates to suffering.  The feeling of concern is indicative of the misunderstanding, rather than an actuality or potential of having ‘too much’ consciousness. That is like worrying you will have too much love, peace of mind, and bliss.  Consciousness is not a possession, or something a you has, but rather is the infinitude you actually are. An insight can be realized in the understanding of the profound difference in experience this implicates.

Fully reversed in perspective and understanding, what you’re experiencing is revealed to be the sneakiness of thinking. By the claiming of infinity by the apparent finite mind, the illusory sense of the finite separate self is perpetuated & the veil is strengthened. What could be described to be experienced is the letting go of beliefs about ourself & world. In that sense consciousness could be said to be experienced as ‘filling in’, arising, or floating very much like a cork you didn’t know you were holding underwater, which, free of the ‘holding down’ of beliefs, simply floats as it always has and always will, whenever ‘we’ ‘let go’, or focus on perspectives that resonate with our being.  

Upon the actuality of that experience, and of the continued inspection, scrutiny & letting go of beliefs and self misunderstanding, I believe you will agree that this floating is very much like flying, and or again, effortlessness. So ultimately, thinking is not something, and is not then to be thought of as reliable or trustworthy. Having said all that, I believe you are now or will soon be recognizing the answer to your question is present and guiding via feeling. Above all thinking, ‘follow’ that gratitude & joy. It is not random, or coincidental that there is gratitude & joy. Because infinite can not know finite, there is only to let go of our misunderstandings & misperceptions, from having forgotten what we really are. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE