Mvrs

Dreams

7 posts in this topic

Are the people in our dreams just as real and aware as everyone in this dream?

This is  complicated, and the simple answer might be that there are not people in either dreams--but for the sake of the question, this is something I've experimented with in lucid dreams. Dream characters seem to have varying levels of awareness and intelligence, though it could all be an illusion since its technically I who am speaking through their forms.... 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

You’re dreaming right now.

Every character in reality is real while it is held in consciousness.

4 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

This is  complicated, and the simple answer might be that there are not people in either dreams--but for the sake of the question, this is something I've experimented with in lucid dreams. Dream characters seem to have varying levels of awareness and intelligence, though it could all be an illusion since its technically I who am speaking through their forms.... 

I hate when I lucid dreams and all I try to do is show ppl it’s a dream and there like nah sooo relatable to my life rn. I’ll be flying around in dreams like see I can fly and there like wow cool this is real not a dream and I’m like naaah and I have asked them if they are real and they always say yes 

Well yeah they do seem to have awareness and intelligence, like this world just that this world is less lucid, but wouldn't suprise me that in the dream world that it is a world like this one as well with "real" people. Infinity afterall 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

"Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. "

-zhuangzi. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

On 11/09/2020 at 8:34 PM, Mvrs said:

Are the people in our dreams just as real and aware as everyone in this dream?

Well the other day I dreamt that Leo is replying to me on one thing I wrote about how consciousness does not expand, but rather ego contracts. In the dream he responded with a lot of colourful, yet telepathic language (as it is in dreams) as if he felt disappointed I couldn't understand, because people who have been here for long absorbing his "teachings" are a reflection of him as a teacher. Then in the morning I saw that he did respond, but it was less colourful, more content and he just explained to me that Im giving too much importance on the ego and Im still contemplating his response. 

I've had deep dreams with Leo, its not the first time, I've written the other dreams before, they were absolutely profound. The only other teacher to have manifested so well in my dreams is Eckhart Tolle, the interaction with whom was absolutely mindblowing,.. It was like having a spiritual teacher having a 1:1 session with you. 

For sure their representations in my dreams felt like the real thing. Their highest selves perhaps. I've felt Eckhart Tolle touch my heart in my dream and it felt so physical and real that I am not sure it was Just a dream. 

Mind over Matter, Awareness over Mind