Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

@Sempiternity The Republican Jesus hehehe Omg 

Crazy how blind they are... 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Sempiternity  here there’s a good description of this servant of the lord 

????

05923731-8573-447E-AF45-88C0D7301397.png

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Arizona, Wisconsin, Colorado, Connecticut, and Rhode Island all got certified for Biden today. I actually was expecting that Wisconsin would be certified for Biden tomorrow because it's certification deadline is actually tomorrow, so I am pleasantly surprised that state got it done today. Trump's failure to prevent Wisconsin from being certified before its state deadline I think is good news for Biden because after Arizona got certified earlier today, Wisconsin became the very last possible KEY battleground state that Trump could've possibly stop from being certified for Biden. So now, it seems at this point, it's almost impossible for Trump to overturn any of them for himself, legally through the courts. In fact, there has never been any of point in history where a state took back its certification of the results.

5 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Yeah I think there's massive voter fraud too but on the Trump side though, there's no way 74 million people voted for Trump.  There's no way he won Florida and the votes from Cuban Americans.  I don't believe it and I believe the truth will come out very shortly about Trump's voter fraud.  Because I believe Trump and his organization has committed widespread voter fraud on a massive scale--I have zero proof myself, I've watched many Youtube videos on the matter and I believe some of the witnesses saying he's conned his way into those votes--even if they have no proof I believe it.  So I'm making that prediction myself, haha that Trump committed widespread voter fraud.

xD You know, I was actually thinking along those lines, but the way you said it was hilarious.

More craziness... when someone says things like that, shouldn’t that person be prosecuted? That should not be allowed to say in democracy...

8C21EBD8-3ED2-458A-AF6F-E6D782BC5BB2.png

735233D4-B7A7-42F8-8CD6-34778057BEED.png

The Republican Jesus

JesusGunsFreedom.jpg

But seriously, that laywer should be prosecuted

Plot twist: Waldo finds himself.

Let's go back to the times of the old wild west!

xD

Marais-massacre.jpg

@Keyhole That's one of my favorites movies! Lol...

Pants on fire!!! Lol

2 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

Here comes the self pardon we all knew was coming.

"Rudy Giuliani has talked to President Donald Trump about the possibility of receiving a preemptive pardon before Trump leaves office in January, The New York Times reported on Tuesday."

https://www.businessinsider.com/giuliani-and-trump-discussed-preemptive-pardon-nyt-2020-12

I know right. It's the most ridiculous thing ever. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Wait...  a president can pardon HIMSELF?!

Why does this seem like an oversight, that seems incredibly stupid to be able to do.

12 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Why does this seem like an oversight, that seems incredibly stupid to be able to do.

Haha. What a strange law. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

38 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

"And the ability of a president to pardon himself (self-pardon) has never been tested in the courts, because, to date, no president has ever taken that action."

"The President ... shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment."

It's never been done before basically. The constitution says the president has the power to pardon and that is it. It doesn't define who the president can pardon. It hasn't been tests or interpreted by a court before if it applies to the president pardoning himself.

Edited by Lyubov

24 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

It’s controversial whether a president can self pardon. The founders of the constitution probably didn’t imagine a president trying to pardon himself, so they didn’t explicitly set a rule on it.   

3 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

Here comes the self pardon we all knew was coming.

"Rudy Giuliani has talked to President Donald Trump about the possibility of receiving a preemptive pardon before Trump leaves office in January, The New York Times reported on Tuesday."

https://www.businessinsider.com/giuliani-and-trump-discussed-preemptive-pardon-nyt-2020-12

They will try to frame it as Trump simply protecting himself from an evil Democrat witch-hunt. I predict lots of framing around the “Russia-gate witch-hunt” and how many crimes Obama go away with. They will include some grains of truth and about 40% of the population will buy it. It would set up a bad precedent imo. 

Even if he gets away with a pre-emotive self pardon, I think the states can still prosecute. That should be enough since Biden has already indicated he won’t protect Trump, so the new DOJ will not protect Trump. Scotus may however. 

Part of me hopes Trump stays relevant and influential since he will split the GOP into two groups: somewhat reasonable conservatives and batshit crazy conservatives.