seeking_brilliance

False Awakenings

18 posts in this topic

After a series of false awakenings, what is that 'knowing' that we are truly awake? Compared to when we 'knew' we were awake several times before? 

Interpret how you wish, but I am referring to waking up to a new dawn. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

42 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

After a series of false awakenings, what is that 'knowing' that we are truly awake? Compared to when we 'knew' we were awake several times before? 

When this fear/question is dropped or no longer has any pull on the organism and something keeps emerging and deepening and knowing none the less.  It no longer becomes a relevant question, nor was it ever important to have woken up, no more arguing, no more proving, no more need to say or speak of anything,  no need for another day, yet still what could be called a human experience still may emerge.

If a new dawn is what you seek my friend, then rest your heart right here and never look back.

@Mu_ much love....I will reflect on this. ?? You got my double meaning, scoring you seven points.   

But really I was talking about dreamland false awakenings and then we awake for the day. Sometimes I can have like ten very short false awakenings in a row. Each time I fully feel awake, but another knowing creeps in and I do a reality check. When I fully awaken for the day, I don't need a reality check, I just know. (lie?) But the experience can be so profound that I end up pinching myself a few times that day in awe and curiosity. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

When we feel complete, with bliss replete

when we ourself become the answer, requiring no translator

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Mu_ much love....I will reflect on this. ?? You got my double meaning, scoring you seven points.   

But really I was talking about dreamland false awakenings and then we awake for the day. Sometimes I can have like ten very short false awakenings in a row. Each time I fully feel awake, but another knowing creeps in and I do a reality check. When I fully awaken for the day, I don't need a reality check, I just know. (lie?) But the experience can be so profound that I end up pinching myself a few times that day in awe and curiosity. 

Well one monumental pointer that helped me when I was having lots of temporary awakenings was a reminder to myself that even the feeling of "not awake" is fundamentally "what is awake".  If you've seen Oneness is True even once, then all experience that follows is not away from that. 

@Unseeking Seeker @Mu_ last night I was a little high... Staring into the darkness of my closed eyes. Then I had a realization... I was not looking into a void of darkness as I've believed all my life... I was looking at myself.  Like if I were ever to put a true face on myself, it's there.  Have you ever noticed if the room is dark enough, there's no difference between your eyes open or closed?  In other words, I've 'wasted' so much time peering into darkness waiting to see something , when in truth I'm already there. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

4 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Unseeking Seeker @Mu_ last night I was a little high... Staring into the darkness of my closed eyes. Then I had a realization... I was not looking into a void of darkness as I've believed all my life... I was looking at myself.  Like if I were ever to put a true face on myself, it's there.  Have you ever noticed if the room is dark enough, there's no difference between your eyes open or closed?  In other words, I've 'wasted' so much time peering into darkness waiting to see something , when in truth I'm already there. 

Ya thats it.  Let everything else relax around that.

@Mu_ thank you so much. It definitely felt alot more profound last night like I was literally looking into a mirror.  Or beyond that analogy. Looking forward to more time facing myself ??

@seeking_brilliance

Sounds like you got it, so to speak...couple things came to mind... Contemplating, trying to find the actual source of darkness in the appearance...seeing through the apparent dualities of asleep & awake, both spiritually and ‘as the character’ if you will, as well as alive & dead, and life & death as well. Those tend to ‘solidify’ the ‘situation’, all puns aside. :) 

Those might help contribute to the undercutting of what you mentioned...in that a point is ‘reached’ when you notice you were believing in “days”, or “changes”. Ya might already ‘be there’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I will not make such claims but will let your words wash over in contemplation. Thank you :) I definitely do not believe in days, but only because I realize that the rising and falling and rising again of the sun truly amounts to nothing, or one unending day so to speak where it gets dark for a while. Perhaps 'changes' is still a fundamental belief. 

21 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I never experienced a false awakening. I either wake up or nothing happens.

What I wake up to is always true. But there are 'levels' to Truth - if you wish. Comparing one level to another can be a 'bad idea'. What's true to me now might be judged as 'false' from a different level. But it can only be false relatively speaking. Absolutely; it's just Truth. 

Knowing is The Heart. Realizations are The Mind. For knowing to be; all realizations must be integrated and let go of. Then there is nothing to compare.

There is only one knowing. At it is now.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

Knowing is The Heart. Realizations are The Mind.

Forever residing in the Heart center...

heart-of-god.jpg

@ivankiss  you've never had false awakenings? I really am talking about nightly-dream  false awakenings where you think you woke up for the day to find out you really haven't yet?