DakotaBaba

Anybody Ever Meditate On Or Use Mdma ?

4 posts in this topic

I have some sitting around and I'm thinking about either taking it at home and just meditating and doing self-inquiry ( same thing to me , I do mostly Advaita Vedanta meditation which is "being aware of being aware") .  Was wondering if anyone has experience, knowledge or comments on MDMA . This would be my first psychedelic drug I have ever taken besides weed and weed used to make me very paranoid so i stopped smoking it a long time ago but that was before i even knew what meditation was so idk how it would feel now if i took it , but I suspect I would probably have a much better chance of being able to keep my cool and enjoy it .

I initially thought about trying meditation on mushrooms but I'm honestly kind of afraid of them due to horror stories I have heard from intelligent people like Sam Harris who warn that there is no real foolproof way to avoid bad tips on them no matter how experienced you are at meditating or drug use .  Below is a quote from an article on his site  and a video where he talks about psychedelics and his good and bad experiences with them.

"I cannot account for why my adventures with psychedelics were uniformly pleasant until they weren’t, but once the doors to hell opened, they appeared to have been left permanently ajar. Thereafter, whether or not a trip was good in the aggregate, it generally entailed some excruciating detour on the path to sublimity. Have you ever traveled, beyond all mere metaphors, to the Mountain of Shame and stayed for a thousand years? I do not recommend it."

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/drugs-and-the-meaning-of-life

But I don't hear much about people having bad trips on mdma so I'm thinking about giving it a shot today either at home alone or with my friends outside by the beach later tonight. What do you guys think?

edit* said fuck it and just took 100 mg will report back with experience later. Random bonus quote from one of Osho's books below lol

"Many people are experimenting with the drug ecstasy. I heard you say once that a lie is sweet in the beginning and bitter in the end, And truth is bitter in the beginning, and sweet in the end. I have been meditating, but I don't have the experiences people report from the drug ecstasy"

Edited by DakotaBaba

MDMA is more empathogenic than entheogenic. Try a true entheogen if you really want to open your mind.

MDMA will blow out your brain's seritonin, so you can't take it often. And eventually it should stop working for you because the brain adapts to it. In this regard it's more of a drug than a psychedelic. This is not the case with true entheogens, which you can take hundreds of times.

Also be careful about purity. I would never take MDMA without checking its purity first with a drug test kit. MDMA is notoriously impure.

Don't let bad trip reports scare you. You can always take a very low dose to prove that nothing bad will happen. Chances are mushrooms will make you feel more amazing than you've ever felt in your life, and they won't blow out your brain's seritonin.

Funny you quote Osho, who seems to have killed himself with a nitrous oxide habit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

MDMA is more empathogenic than entheogenic. Try a true entheogen if you really want to open your mind.

MDMA will blow out your brain's seritonin, so you can't take it often. And eventually it should stop working for you because the brain adapts to it. In this regard it's more of a drug than a psychedelic. This is not the case with true entheogens, which you can take hundreds of times.

Also be careful about purity. I would never take MDMA without checking it's purity first with a drug test kit. MDMA is notoriously impure.

Don't let bad trip reports scare you. You can always take a very low dose to prove that nothing bad will happen. Chances are mushrooms will make you feel more amazing than you've ever felt in your life, and they won't blow out your brain's seritonin.

Funny you quote Osho, who seems to have killed himself with a nitrous oxide habit.

Thanks for responding man , I may muster up the courage to try a low dose of mushrooms someday . I probably wont take mdma again for at least 3 months if ever , its feels cool though, im happy as fuck and feel very positive and loving but my self inquiry work has me super detached so im just watching this happy ass person but i know this state is transient so it's like whatever .

I'm having a bunch of insights on embracing paradox of life and not prescribing and confining myself to any absolute truths or doctrines  and expecting people to give me magic pills of knowledge in one statement or video though because nobody is perfect and everyone is just trying to help everyone else to the best of their ability ,  so that's cool.  

Thank you for being open enough to even consider drugs on your self-discovery and self-actualization journey,I don't know why but i thought you were absolutely anti drugs (besides supplements) a few months ago lol

Edited by DakotaBaba