Sempiternity

Stage Turquoise / Purple tribe?

4 posts in this topic

Is it possible to have a stage Turquoise / Purple tribe? Could a group (20-50) of people who have a deep understanding of Self/God/transcendence of ego/Nonduality form a Purple type tribe where they are family, live together and share survival responsibilities in nature? Coming full circle in the Spiral Dynamics so to speak. Seems like it would be almost easier to be in a tribe at Turquoise because you understand that everyone else is You, no separation, all working as One. 

I know what you mean.  I think that Jesus, Buddha, Plato, Confucius, and so many others have had this experience... being Yellow/Turquoise and dealing with Purple.

19 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Is it possible to have a stage Turquoise / Purple tribe? Could a group (20-50) of people who have a deep understanding of Self/God/transcendence of ego/Nonduality form a Purple type tribe where they are family, live together and share survival responsibilities in nature? Coming full circle in the Spiral Dynamics so to speak. Seems like it would be almost easier to be in a tribe at Turquoise because you understand that everyone else is You, no separation, all working as One. 

That would just be a tribe, Purple is a value system, Turquoise has other values, so it would just be a tribe. A bunch of Gurus on a camping-trip.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles Ha! Yes.

It might be more complex than this.  As in Turquoise (and all the other stages) has Purple within it, and they are in Tier 2 of SD so they can utilize and embody Purple to suit their needs.  So if the situation called for it, Turquoise could inhabit Purple to survive in, say, a jungle where they need to band together or something.  Or if a bunch of stage Turquoise monks are capture by some Purple Amazonian tribe, they could switch to Purple and fit right in.

Also, remember there are different lines of development too.  So you might be Stage Turquoise in spirituality, but then Purple on moral or kinesthetic lines of development (though, something tells me that if you're at stage Turquoise in any level, you probably aren't stuck at Purple anywhere).

Additionally, spirituality and non-duality may be beyond Spiral Dynamics.  I get the sense that Turquoise is kind of beyond spiral dynamics and might not easily fit into the whole picture. 

Finally, on the point that each stage transcends yet includes previous stages, even stage Orange will have some Purple in it.  Leo said in his stage Purple video that if a stage Orange group comes together to form a small business, the atmosphere of that small group working together will be or exhibit stage Purple, tribal, and familial behaviors and values.  

- This is where I get a bit confused.  I've heard that each stage transcends and includes all previous stages, so Red will have Purple and Green will have Orange, etc..  But it's not until stage Yellow and above that you become a "Spiral Wizard". 

- Does this mean that stages below stage Yellow (i.e., tier 1), will still use and exihibit the lower stages they've trasncended, only that they won't be conscious of them or be able to consciously utilize them?  

I haven't studied Spiral Dynamics too much, so these views are mostly just bits I've picked up from others (Leo, Ken Wilber, etc.).  So take these views with a grain of salt.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins