Demeter

Have you experienced the power of mantra chanting?

5 posts in this topic

Chanting a mantra is said to have many benefits. At the simplest level, it is described as a tool for contemplation. At the other extreme, it is hyped as:

• the sound body of the Divine 
  • Mantra, God, guru, and one’s highest self are identical - it is, therefore, a guide.
  • a means of acquiring supernatural powers
  • increasing concentration, and improving memory and focus.
  • mantra meditation lowers the heart rate and reduces blood pressure,

Has anyone experienced benefits other than those which improve contemplation? And if it did help you meditate better, how did it work?

Edited by Demeter

I recently started to use the mantra Ram Ram Ram Ram (meaning God God God God), which focus my mind and reminds me that All is One and the One is God. When i am chanting it, everything that i can perceive is a reminder that God is hidden in plain sight, i am finding it really powerful.

It is serving as a concentration and contemplation tool at the same time. I have achieved some mild blissful states of consciousness with it.

This mantra keeps getting my attention all the time, and during my meditation, i am using it to still the mind very successfully.

Powerful stuff. 

It can be incredibly powerful. For example some channelers can use their abilities to find your unique soul/higher self mantra and then chant it.

My intuition has been telling me to use chanting recently. I guess I find it interesting. 

@Recursoinominado @Seraphim @Aaron p 

I am reading Chris Bache's 'Diamonds from Heaven" wherein he traversed many states of consciousness and many worlds, during high dose lsd sessions. In one instance,  he was shown a Council of Elders who were the guardians of knowledge of what was taking place in the universe over billions of years. In response to Bache's questions, the Council chanted to gather power to give him the knowledge. For each question, chanting was performed until enough power had been gathered. This is thought was a beautiful illustration of the potential of mantra chanting. Nothing is acquired without having to work for it and mantra chanting is a way to prepare oneself or gather the power needed to access higher realms and knowledge.