Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WellbeingSeeker

Extreme body shaking and trembling in religious settings. What causes them?

81 posts in this topic

Just now, Nahm said:

@WellbeingSeeker

Knowing = Nothing. 

That’s how. 

It’s a completely satisfying answer. 

@Nahm I'm having a hard time trying to understand what you mean. Would you mind posting a more elaborate answer either here or here?

On 7/31/2020 at 2:19 PM, WellbeingSeeker said:

Here are more weird trembling and shaking manifestations, check out this short video:

What the heck is going on here O.o?

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

@WellbeingSeeker

I don’t mean anything, so there’s nothing to understand. Understanding is also nothing. There is no cause and no effect regarding the inquiry of this thread. Try looking at one of the videos posted and considering, “oh. That’s nothing.” Nothing is actually happening. No explanation could fit, though no explanation is needed either. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@WellbeingSeeker

I don’t mean anything, so there’s nothing to understand. There is no cause and no effect regarding the inquiry of this thread. Try looking at one of the videos posted and considering, “oh. That’s nothing.” Nothing is actually happening. No explanation could fit, though no explanation is needed either. 

@Nahm so if you pay for a course on how combustion engines work, and the first class the teacher tells you "nothing causes combustion engines to work, there is nothing to explain" and that is the first and only class of the entire course, would you come out of that class happy and satisfied?

@WellbeingSeeker

You’re saying nothing causes...I’m saying that is nothing. You might be thinking you are a mechanical mechanism, like a combustion engine, and therefore asking about some thing mechanical, something of causes and effects. But you are nothing. Happiness can never be made to be happy, and satisfaction can never be made to be satisfied. Nothing is already happiness & satisfaction. Nothing believes it is some thing, but nothing is nothing. 

I would see that teacher was nothing, knowing...and presume they would then go on to explain nothing is how the engine works.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 hours ago, Malekakisioannis said:

@Malekakisioannis Interesting explanation. This would be a particular case of mass psychogenic illness (MPI) , right? Someone proposed MPI as a possible explanation already actually, but the thing with MPI is that it has not been researched very well scientifically, and it's a rather vague and speculative diagnosis used when nothing else seems to fit. Do you know if any researcher working on Neuroscience of Religion or any related field has explicitly made the connection between MPI and the shaking and trembling observed in religious settings?

Edited by WellbeingSeeker

5 hours ago, Aaron p said:

I think it's fake 5meo shaking 

@Aaron p do you mean they have all consumed 5-meo-dmt :o ? Or do you mean they are imitating someone else shaking on 5-meo-dmt? What does 5meo shaking look like?

@K Ghoul that's an interesting possibility, but to be honest I lack the expertise in hypnosis and psychology to confirm whether this is the case with the OP's examples. I would like to watch the video you are talking about. Did the man begin to shake and tremble as he was releasing his pent-up traumas?

Edited by WellbeingSeeker

On 8/2/2020 at 1:21 AM, Nahm said:

@WellbeingSeeker

Knowing = Nothing. 

That’s how. 

It’s a completely satisfying answer. 

It is a tiresome, smug, preachy, tone deaf answer.

It completely ignores what was asked, and attempts to hijack a conversation thread with the "everything is nothing" mantra. Give it a break. This is like the new age version of the saved christian who responds to every question and discussion with "Pray to Jesus! Hallelujah!"

Edited by wwhy

4 hours ago, WellbeingSeeker said:

@Aaron p do you mean they have all consumed 5-meo-dmt :o ? Or do you mean they are imitating someone else shaking on 5-meo-dmt? What does 5meo shaking look like?

It's not unheard of to find natural urges to shake when you smoke [or plug] some 5meo. Vibration. Put it like this, those guys can definitely control the shaking of their body's. I think it's just group think and imitation 

Edited by Aaron p

It is the body's way of releasing pent up, usually negative energy. All animals do it, humans kind of forgot how.

Edited by wwhy

1 hour ago, Aaron p said:

It's not unheard of to find natural urges to shake when you smoke [or plug] some 5meo. Vibration. Put it like this, those guys can definitely control the shaking of their body's. I think it's just group think and imitation 

I don't think its something specific to 5meo. I've had the experience of nodding uncontrollably just by listening to a guided utube meditation on emotional release. I believe what happened when you took the 5meo is that the medicine located and unlocked your trauma, and the release of that is what caused the shaking.