Demeter

Do you cry when you take psychedelics?

13 posts in this topic

Most people cry for the sheer beauty or wonder of spiritual experiences, but I am referring to crying out of pain and sadness.

I have tried psychs 5 times - Lsd and shrooms in different doses. Invariably the onset is one of an emotional release or experiencing pain. At times the whole trip is one of tears (my first shrooms trip) and only once (at 300mcg Lsd) did the tears gave way to an uplifting breakthrough experience.

Yesterday, for example, I took 1/2g shrooms (serbica or cyanescens) and experienced such intense pain that I wanted to hack my limbs off. If tears are supposed to release pain and heal, I wonder how much crying is enough. Or could one get caught in a cycle of grief as each day brings its disappointments? It may be that the low doses get one caught in the murkiness of our existences and at higher doses we can see beyond.

I don't consider myself depressed but have experienced shitty stuff as a child and as an adult. I am seen as a successful individual and am currently conducting PhD research.

Would very much like to hear from anyone who experiences pain and sorrow on taking psychs. 

Edited by Demeter

3 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

@WaveInTheOcean , Thank you for the link. 

After reading the blurb it dawned on me that perhaps I was dipping into the collective consciousness of pain - the "ocean of suffering". That would explain the intensity and the apparent unending nature of it.

Edited by Demeter

Pain is inseparable with love, surrender to it to see love through it. Accept infinite pain and you will also see infinite love. It might also be a good idea to do shadow work and heal yourself before tripping again. 

Edited by erik8lrl

@erik8lrl , good advice, thanks. Despite the fact that I had planned to accept and surrender to whatever came my way, I was not surrendering to the pain, at least not fully. I was tending to view the experiences of pain with impatience and despair.

@WaveInTheOcean , I found a great interview with Chris Bache here. It is fascinating. We could all do with reading his book.

Edited by Demeter

This video is mindblowing. @Leo Gura  , have you seen this? It is a must-see.

The professor investigated 73 high doze sessions with Lsd and saw a consistent pattern emerging which led him into ever-deepening states of consciousness. 

Edited by Demeter

You'll probably have a lot to release then.

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Dr Chris Bache speaks of the 'Ocean of Suffering' which he delved into over many Lsd sessions in his explorations into consciousness. He found that his experience of this Ocean of Suffering - which comprises the collective suffering of the species closely intertwined with our own individual suffering - had a therapeutic impact and that every act of healing, either large or small has an impact on the whole. The end result of this healing is a collective transformation. In response to the question, why does this experience of suffering eventually end for the individual when the reservoir of species suffering is so vast, he says:

"It may be that the that given the sheer magnitude of planetary suffering, any one person is only allowed to do so much. Perhaps some cosmic oversight simply says "That's enough!", and one is released from further obligation"

This makes beautiful sense. I could not see how the continued pain I experienced when using psychs could have emerged from this life-time alone. Perhaps it was the uncovering of the suffering of previous life-times or, as Bache suggests, the dipping into the collective pain of the species. This gives me the motivation to welcome all experiences that come my way.

Edited by Demeter

That is great. Trauma release. It means they are working.

Edited by RedLine

Everytime when I take shrooms.

Sometimes when I take LSD.

Never on DMT.

Always on the comeup.

22 hours ago, Demeter said:

Would very much like to hear from anyone who experiences pain and sorrow on taking psychs. 

I just think of it as a release. For me, the emotions that I feel on the comeup are things I've been neglecting about my emotions.

Yes, in particular cases: release, talking about certain topics or by experiencing certain emotions, eg. immense love, joy, freedom etc.

I am an amateur astrologer and I have the asteroid Karma conjunct my Sun. This could mean several things - that I carry the burden or the reward of past deeds. In my session with the shrooms, I had an insight that the Karma I carry is one of pain -  that could be the pain from this life, or all my lives or the pain I see everywhere. Karma also includes the memories of pain I may have inflicted on other people. For it to be conjunct my Sun is a life where my quest for enlightenment or knowledge or beauty is driven by the need to lessen the pain.  I felt that that is my destiny - to find ways of lessening pain.  I sense that is also a gift -  that in my quest to lessen the pain, I will see and note the myriad expressions of nobility, dignity and hope that can emerge despite the most extreme circumstances. Noting those instances will lend me courage and optimism. These are expressions of healing of those hellish spaces and how grace is manifest.

After reading Bache's analysis of the 'Ocean of Suffering" I can now make better sense of this astrological aspect. The way the karma on my sun is a gift is it presents an opportunity to lessen the collective karma or suffering. And it is through this healing that I will find the freedom and transmutation I need to deepen my consciousness.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:16 PM, Demeter said:

cry for the sheer beauty or wonder of spiritual experiences, but I am referring to crying out of pain and sadness.

For me, in a powerful psyc trip, there is no difference between "beauty and wonder" and "pain and sadness." I am fully both

Edited by Aaron p