Guest username

Is Feeling Awful To Be Expected?

7 posts in this topic

Consciousness work has improved my life, I think. I feel less egotistical than ever and feel much more aware, but I have been experiencing frequent neurotic episodes on unprecedented scales and have never experienced such suffering in my whole life. I ask my self who is it that is suffering, which seems to help somewhat, but these episodes keep recurring.

Is this normal?

In my experience, the more work you do to recognize your ego for what it is, the more uptight and antsy it gets. If that takes hold you are basically fighting with yourself. That inner conflict may be the misunderstood, core reason for your recent flare-up of neurotic thoughts and feelings.

I imagine it my be a good sign. What if during your enlightenment work you kissed the ego's ass a bit. All affected by a neorotic episode? Maybe try paying your ego some respect. Even talk to your self (ego), out loud or silently, but with conviction.

Recognize that the ego is a powerful, effective, crafty, ruthless force to be reckoned with, and tell it so, and mean it, understand that you're not even faking it and falsely stroking your ego, you really are in awe of how it messes you up when your guard is down. 

The whole point is you let your human BEing off the hook for goofy, neurotic thoughts and feelings, while seeing how the ego does it's job so well...naturally and automatically and in the most effective, all-consuming way... and the higher self in your BEing may just get a break from the ego demanding recognition and respect by demonstrating it's innate ability to mess you up. 

If your not meditating now , it sounds like your not , you should pick it back up or start doing it.

It has great effect on the unsettled mind.

Edited by Beam

Try loving your neurotic episodes.  They are a part of you, and you can accept and love all of you.  Without any conditions on what deserves love and what doesn't deserve love.  

You can watch this video and do the visualization for some help.  

@Beam I still meditate every day since I made a full commitment. It's just unbearable at times.

On 8/2/2016 at 7:13 PM, username said:

Is this normal?

Yes, of course!

That means you're growing. It takes a while for a snake has to shed its skin.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Its important to find something that makes you happy  smile and feel good.

Positive thoughts attract more positive just as negative thoughts attract more negative thoughts.

Try some positive thinking out right now , think of your future with you happily in it and you now have a direction to go.

There is great pain in negative thinking and great relief with positive thinking.

Edited by Beam