Some Fella

Best/Favourite methods to build concentration?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, what are some of your favorite or the most effective ways you've discovered to build concentration skills/muscles?

For me:

1. high intensity exercise in which I push myself to my limits (especially group exercise for that reason (pushing myself more)).

2. Anything that increases willpower / makes me suffer (why the exercise works so well). To be perfectly honest, it might be sloppy distinction-drawing, but I can't really seperate concentration & willpower in my direct experience, kinda seems like exact same thing. As a bonus question: What do you think?

Looking forward to seeing some cool methods! If u want me to elaborate on anything, just ask & I will answer!

Stay cool, homies???

Concentration? Daily:

1 hour concentration on Metronome

1 hour concentration on repeating some artificial word in your mind like "Bam"

1 hour concentration on emptiness/nothingness

1 hour of concentrating on Letting Go of thoughts that steal your attention

But after many years of doing concentration practice - I find it useless... I still have shitloads of useless thoughts throughout a day + my suffering has actually increased after 5 years of consciousness work + I am in the dark night of the soul + concentration techniques caused Dissociation disorder for me.

Edited by Mirko
grammar

Focus on heart beat and pulse

Focus on rising of thoughts and dropping them

Focus on bodily sensations

Focus on emptiness between sounds when listening to music

These can be challenging but also fun.

@Mirko Wow, that's quite the technique-stack! That does suck that it didn't do much to help you reduce those useless thoughts though. :(. Good luck & I hope you pull through the dark night & get to somewhere better...

Focus on crown chakra consistently or sensation of thumb and index finger touching