Mirko

Undonditional Happiness in Everyday life

30 posts in this topic

@Natasha  ❤

Have you read this book..

"Are You as Happy as Your Dog?: Sure Fire Ways to Wake Up with a Smile as Big as Your Pooch's by Alan Cohen.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 minutes ago, Natasha said:

The dog would feel distress, but not identify with it. Most animals don't have a sense of self, so there would be no 'poor me' self-talk. Just a sensation of whatever being experienced, with no psychological suffering. 

This really sounds wise from you. These cats can't even make a sense of the mirror. Wouldn't be surprised if they had no sense of self.:D

5 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@Natasha  ❤

Have you read this book..

"Are You as Happy as Your Dog?: Sure Fire Ways to Wake Up with a Smile as Big as Your Pooch's by Alan Cohen.

Haven't read it yet, but will check it out, thanks for the suggestion :)

I do believe one can awaken by adopting animal perspective and consciously observing animal behavior. But that would be too unconventional of a thing to do for most people ofc.

7 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Haven't read it yet, but will check it out, thanks for the suggestion :)

I do believe one can awaken by adopting animal perspective and consciously observing animal behavior. But that would be too unconventional of a thing to do for most people ofc.

Your welcome ?

Yes absolutely it reminds me of a story from Eckhart Tolle:

The Duck with a Human Mind...

This story illustrates the uniquely human ability to cling to the past by holding on to our stories.

When two ducks get into a fight, it never lasts long – they soon separate and fly off in opposite directions. Each duck then flap its wings vigorously several times. This releases the surplus energy that built up in him during the fight. After they flap their wings, they fly on peacefully as if nothing had ever happened.

Now, if the duck had a human mind, this scene would go very differently. The duck may fly away peacefully, for a moment, but he would not put the fight behind him. He would keep the fight alive in his mind, by thinking and story-making.

The duck's story would probably go something like this: "I can't believe what he just did. He came within five inches of me. He has no consideration for my private space. He thinks he owns this pond. I'll never trust him again. I know he's already plotting something else to annoy me with. But I'm not going to stand for it. I'm going to teach him a lesson he will never forget."

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 minutes ago, Nick_98 said:

This really sounds wise from you. These cats can't even make a sense of the mirror. Wouldn't be surprised if they had no sense of self.:D

Yep, no self awareness whatsoever. They don't have a conceptual self to burden themselves with, like us 'humans' do 9_9

4 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Your welcome ?

Yes absolutely it reminds me of a story from Eckhart Tolle:

The Duck with a Human Mind...

This story illustrates the uniquely human ability to cling to the past by holding on to our stories.

When two ducks get into a fight, it never lasts long – they soon separate and fly off in opposite directions. Each duck then flap its wings vigorously several times. This releases the surplus energy that built up in him during the fight. After they flap their wings, they fly on peacefully as if nothing had ever happened.

Now, if the duck had a human mind, this scene would go very differently. The duck may fly away peacefully, for a moment, but he would not put the fight behind him. He would keep the fight alive in his mind, by thinking and story-making.

The duck's story would probably go something like this: "I can't believe what he just did. He came within five inches of me. He has no consideration for my private space. He thinks he owns this pond. I'll never trust him again. I know he's already plotting something else to annoy me with. But I'm not going to stand for it. I'm going to teach him a lesson he will never forget."

Lol Yes, so true! Great illustration of the absurdity of the conceptual chatter. 

4 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Lol Yes, so true! Great illustration of the absurdity of the conceptual chatter. 

?

My parents used to have a crazy black cat named blackjack mcfuzz.

If you stopped petting him before he was satisfied he would attack your leg as you walked away lol.

The amazing personalities of existence... Incredible!!

36 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

?

My parents used to have a crazy black cat named blackjack mcfuzz.

If you stopped petting him before he was satisfied he would attack your leg as you walked away lol.

The amazing personalities of existence... Incredible!!

Haha Smart kitty. Animals sure go for what makes them feel good/happy instinctively. We 'humans' often let thinking get in the way, thus not allowing our needs/wants beng known and met. Another good lesson from the animal kingdom ?

26 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Haha Smart kitty. Animals sure go for what makes them feel good/happy instinctively. We 'humans' often let thinking get in the way, thus not allowing our needs/wants beng known and met. Another good lesson from the animal kingdom ?

Truth bomb....love this absolutely!!

5 hours ago, Mirko said:

In my case - Self inquiry is great for insights / AHA moments, but not for emotions.

And meditation is great to experience my nothingness nature, but it lacks emotions... For me it feels like emptiness without emotions.

I was not being able to experience infinite love sober. How long do you meditate?

I have to sit for at least 1 hour if I really want to bliss out in self inquiry. 

Imo one of two things is happening here:

1) Your I-thought has got to a blank state. This is a sneaky trick of the Ego where the mind goes quiet and creates the impression that it has been diminished, but actually it's just another mental state. I was fooled by this for about a year before I really understood what falling away was. If you want to check if this is happening I highly recommend Leo's guided "the next level of meditation" video as he really gets you to let go of everything. 

2) Your definition of emotions are still wrapped up with the Egoic self, in which case you need to temper your expectations. Remember, you're going beyond the realm of conceptual experience here. Don't expect to be happy, excited, overjoyed or awe-struck whatever. These are all emotions about something. The emotion of abiding in the Self is beyond description but its about the most enjoyable feeling there is. 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.