Rasheed

I told my cousin about Life Purpose Course

9 posts in this topic

My cousin is 22. 0 personal development. 0 growth. Shit ton of negative beliefs, and mindsets. We were talking about passion, and work. He had shit ton of limiting beliefs about it. I wanted to help so I told, him about Leo and life purpose course. He is not the bad guy, but he is on 0 personal development. Hope it was helpful, do you guys have same situations, like this?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

As a rule, i don't preach self-development for those around me, this is often futile and a waste of time.

The best way is to change yourself so much that those who are ready can approach you to ask for advice.

It is tough, I must have spent hundreds of hours trying to convert people into self-development and I had almost zero success with this approach.

Sometimes, though, i met people randomly and they notice something in me that is inspiration worthy and that moved them into transforming themselves. An example of what i am talking about: once upon a time, i was living in a hostel, i entered the living room, there was some people there, including some guests, i just sat there and talked a bit. One guy noticed that i had a intriguingly calm energy and started to ask me questions, i told him that i was a Hatha yoga teacher and stuff like that, we chatted a little and i left. Days later, he messages me telling me that it was a pleasure meeting me, he loved my energy and because of that meeting, he started to practice Hatha yoga every day, a few weeks later and he was still consistent about it. So, a random guy had a random short interaction with me that motivated him to start a yoga practice, while i have tons of friends and family members that i spent soo many hours trying to inspire them without any success.

The moral of the story is: you can't really control, much less change anyone, you can only change and control yourself, and if you do it in a smart way, you will trigger a transformation in those who are ready (most people aren't).

I've gotten my 14 year old brother into meditation, after he decided himself to quit his gaming addiction (1000s of hours of gaming time) and I've given him advice on how to cope with craving to go back to gaming and set up a good study routine with him, I'm so happy about this and hopefully he keeps it up

I've also tried to get my mum and boyfriend into meditation and they've both see the value in it, but don't think either are currently keeping up with it, my mum is interested in reading some of the books I've read too whilst my boyfriend has also started his own journey into self-development reading

I think it is really possible to get people that you care about into this stuff if they are open minded and willing to grow themselves 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

If you want people to get interested in this work, don't bash them with everything there is. Lure them, let them come for themselves. Throw out some benefits you have gotten and wait for them to ask how you did it.

@Moon Tell your brother to check out 'Healthy Gamer' complete abstinence isn't always the best approach with behavioral addictions, this guy mixes eastern wisdom with western psychology to help people overcome their addictions, and develop a healthy relationship to gaming. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClHVl2N3jPEbkNJVx-ItQIQ

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Godhead good point

@LfcCharlie4 oooh ok I'll let him know, thanks :)

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

I showed a basic self-help book to my sister and she was intrigued by it. Now she's reading it and applying the outlined principals. I tried to talk about more advanced stuff, but she's clearly not ready for it yet, therefore I don't force it. Everybody needs to find their own pace. Although it's a bit hard sometimes because I can see that she's making the same mistakes that I did.

21 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

As a rule, i don't preach self-development for those around me, this is often futile and a waste of time.

The best way is to change yourself so much that those who are ready can approach you to ask for advice.

The moral of the story is: you can't really control, much less change anyone, you can only change and control yourself, and if you do it in a smart way, you will trigger a transformation in those who are ready (most people aren't).

Preach. This is probably what happened with me and my sister. She saw how much I changed for the better.

@Recursoinominado Perfect!

The people who would benefit the most from self-improvement seem to be the most resistant to it, from my experience

I do not preach personal development too, but I had an intuition to tell him about it, so I did...

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport