Hardik jain

Lifestyle Minimalism

10 posts in this topic

I saw Leo's video on lifestyle minimalism in which he says to slow down the pace of life and live a life where you do less stuff and do everything at half the speed. I tried a lot but I just can't do it. How do ace at this?

@Hardik jain

Maybe because you're following your 'master' Leo instead of wanting to do it for yourself?

I moved out of a high paced job in the city and moved to a rural spot because I wanted to, I had enough of what that lifestyle was doing to me.

It was my choice, it wasn't because I followed some YouTube guru. 

@Mal What's wrong in following someone else's road? That is actually good for everyone.

6 minutes ago, Hardik jain said:

@Mal What's wrong in following someone else's road? That is actually good for everyone.

Nothing "wrong" with it. 

It's just not working, is it?

We need to be ready to do things, sometimes it will take twenty years to be ready for a wind down. 

Not saying the idea is pointless, I'm saying this is not a cookie cutter process.

Edited by Mal

17 hours ago, Hardik jain said:

Edited by Mal

@Hardik jain I wouldn't make it as a goal to cut half of your commitments. I would rather make sure you aren't to busy, have time and energy for consciousness work, strategize your life etc. So this can mean reducing commitment, not trying to fill the void when you sense a deep sense but sudden sense of somthing to be wrong/boring.. I think that's easier then what you describe and more important also

Leo never really said that someone should go his path. Leo rather helps to find your own path. Even in the video about minimalism Leo said that he doesn't really focus that much on minimalism or something like that.  I discovered that minimalism path for myself. That started some years ago. I decluttered so much, I actually have only a few things left. But this also opened a door for me getting closer to paranoia or so. After decluttering I feel like new objects coming into my room seem like they should not be there. But all in all the decluttering was just heaven on earth for me. Huge amount of stuff confuses me. Now I can focus on the few things that are left. If I throw away certain things I can eventually throw away a microcosm. For example, I threw away my gaming console and sold my gaming equipment for my computer. I just don't think about what new games I could get, because I don't have the option to play properly. In that matter I threw away a microcosm.

5 hours ago, Hardik jain said:

I tried a lot but I just can't do it.

What do you mean you can't do it?

Tip: If you want useful help, be clear and specific with your issues. State what your block is and what your goals are.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I have a vision for lifestyle minimalism and my vision is to live smaller and a low maintenance life so I don't have to worry too much about finances or clutter. I won't completely eliminate technology but I will use technology in moderation! I see a minimalist life as being an opportunity to focus on yourself and your own values. I prefer moderate family commitments rather than eliminating family commitments but not letting commitments rule my life. A minimalist lifestyle has broad possibilities and you can create it however you want. I see a minimalist lifestyle as self-actualization investing heavily in books and learning and pursuing my passions and having much more free time to use wisely rather than tying myself down to family, a full-time soul sucking job, or so many commitments that I can never relax.