Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kinjal

Emptiness of Being

24 posts in this topic

@Serotoninluv First of all, I am just amazed and very grateful to acknowledge by your meditation experience. So, you practiced a lot to meditate for 6 hrs which I can't imagine by thyself. Because, I think that it needs a lot of patience and persistent to sit in a place for 6 hrs continuously and fighting with your inner devil inside and walking alone in the darkest places. I see, bravery. I believe that you have found a strong sustaining meaning to do such work. Even Nietzsche said himself, "He who has a why can bear any how". Why would you look in the darkest places? Because in the darkest places you can find what still shines. If it can shine in the darkest places then you know it's real light. And, so you look at the things you don't want to look at. 

I think, you're becoming a good mind crafter and you're making a beautiful world inside of you by your life experience, knowledge, wisdom, feelings and emotions. And, I believe that because I'm not actualized like you so we have different meaning for same context because there is a shift in dimension. And, you're talking about things related to one dimension which is present inside of you that I am not aware of. But, I'm trying to acknowledge it.

So, what kind of value you're talking about these mind spaces? And, why is it bad if you're drifting off in these spaces?         

On 6/14/2020 at 5:52 PM, Kinjal said:

@Serotoninluv So, you practiced a lot to meditate for 6 hrs which I can't imagine by thyself. Because, I think that it needs a lot of patience and persistent to sit in a place for 6 hrs continuously and fighting with your inner devil inside and walking alone in the darkest places. I see, bravery.       

At the retreat, we didn’t sit 6hrs continuously. We sat 1hr. periods and rotated sitting and walking mediation, with breaks.

Long meditations don’t necessarily need to be fights with inner devils in dark places. There are many other mind spaces. 

On 6/14/2020 at 5:52 PM, Kinjal said:

So, what kind of value you're talking about these mind spaces? And, why is it bad if you're drifting off in these spaces?         

Value is relative. What I consider of value, may not be of value to others.

For me, exploration of consciousness itself is of value. If I am walking through nature exploring consciousness, that itself is of value - even if it has no further utility in my life. Similarly, if I am enjoying a roller coaster at an amusement park - that in and of itself has value to me.

These explorations also expand my mind and allow for greater understanding and empathy. If I am in nature and enter a lucid state in which the water, wind and birds are communicating to me - I will gain a better understanding of what this is like from direct experience. I will better understand people who interact with nature in this manner, for example American Indians. 

In terms of “bad” contexts. . .  I would say if I am driving my car on a highway, it would be “bad” to drift into a mind space in which I am communicating with water, wind and birds. Imagine the police report: “The driver indicated that prior to the car accident he was channeling American Indian spirits and communicating with a Raven”. 

2 hours ago, Kinjal said:

@Serotoninluv So I thought it in different way like if you're spending more time in these mind spaces then it's hard for you to come back in your original form. It's my imagination.

This can be an issue from the perspective of a person. In some spaces, it can be ungrounded of what is imagined and what is real and not “being able to come back this time”. However, ime these are advanced stages. For the vast majority of people It’s not an issue. . . For example, if you started to dream deeply while you sleep, would it be hard for you to come back to your original waking life form? Not really. You would have to go really really deep into those dreams.

As well, it can be tempting to get addicted to dream spaces as an escape.

Lastly, there comes a point in which the dream and “original form” are both forms of imagination.