Wind

Psychedelics affected Ram Dass brain making his full awakening more difficult

31 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Indeed.  Infinity. :)

Definitely brother. :) I believe, being aware is the key of the purification of the mind. What do you think?

@Serotoninluv Do you realize that even if you are aware, body is programmed in survival mode in any dangerous case? Because, I realize it, body behaves by itself to survive, even if i am aware. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

16 minutes ago, James123 said:

@Serotoninluv Do you realize that even if you are aware, body is programmed in survival mode in any dangerous case? Because, I realize it, body behaves by itself to survive, even if i am aware. 

Sure. We could say that the body has evolved to preserve itself and is programmed for survival.

There are many different points of “I” in the “I am aware”. . . Imagine a human body is standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon. This of course is a dangerous situation in which the body is programmed to protect itself. Yet who/what is the “I” in your “I am aware” statement?  And who/what is that awareness aware of?

Rather than there being one “correct” answer, I propose that there are many valid “answers” we could explore and directly experience. 

32 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

This of course is a dangerous situation in which the body is programmed to protect itself. Yet who/what is the “I” in your “I am aware” statement?  And who/what is that awareness aware of?

Me, is consciousness itself, witnessing the body, thoughts and feelings. I usually let go everything when i get attached to it. Thats the reason why i am considering me as witness, or  aware of ego. Sometimes I really just watch. Being in the moment is too powerful to analyze the body. I have been doing mma for 13 years. Best way to defense yourself is let go. It is crazy. Body itself perfect defense mechanism, if you really concentrate on the opponent with no emption or judgement. I am so serious. Additionally , it spends less effort. 

Edited by James123

1 hour ago, James123 said:

Me, is consciousness itself, witnessing the body, thoughts and feelings. 

That is one of the “I’s of awareness” that come to mind for me as well. 

@Serotoninluv yes it is. But when awareness level goes higher during the day that “I” dissolves. Just awareness remains. Thats the crazy part. :) Moving with the moment as moment.

Edited by James123

12 minutes ago, James123 said:

@Serotoninluv yes it is. But when awareness level goes higher during the day that “I” dissolves. Just awareness remains. Thats the crazy part. :) Moving with the moment as moment.

There are times when I’m doing yoga and the “I” dissolves and the yoga is doing itself as yoga. Do you ever get anything like that with your mma?

19 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

There are times when I’m doing yoga and the “I” dissolves and the yoga is doing itself as yoga. Do you ever get anything like that with your mma?

Yes :) thats how i realize it. Such as, everything is me ( other opponent and my body) but i am seeing from only one perspective. Thats why mma is doing mma, 2 person works out, not me :) when I concentrate during the day it usually happens too. Thats how i analyze that body is programmed for perfect survival condition, which is more powerful and useful than regular human ego. Emptiness in the body, somehow creates more Efficient survival mechanism in the body. 

Edited by James123

18 hours ago, WHO IS said:

James123 Brosky, You think we are eternal? 

@WHO IS oh my God!! I've never seen someone else who says brosky!!! ♥️♥️

1 hour ago, Aaron p said:

@WHO IS oh my God!! I've never seen someone else who says brosky!!! ♥️♥️

We are all brosky brother :) we are all one ❤️ 

On 6/12/2020 at 8:34 PM, WHO IS said:

James123 Brosky, You think we are eternal? 

Even from a scientific viewpoint our 4D fingerprint is eternal but we only perceive fragments of it (call it code, soul or whatever). But apparently, if the creation separates itself from the creator, then the names of those who rejected God will be removed from the Book of Life. And those who don't believe in eternal life will face death/eternal darkness of the mind if they didn't recognize the true God which is Life.

That's why it is essential to recognize that God is You and not something separate from you. Though one thing you should be aware of is that this should be done in steps because you can't get close to God overnight. Trying to force this relationship could lead to some serious mental issues because the devil's seed is planted deep inside you (there are many religious fanatics who aren't in their right minds), so always proceed with caution.

Edited by Member

On 6/13/2020 at 0:29 AM, Dodo said:

Those who take psychedelics will all deny this. Because it has been said it's like a magic pill for enlightenment. If you say it's actually hurting their progress, now they would feel they are at ground zero and no progress has been made towards Enlightenment :D 

If you take the magic pill away, then they have to be a beginner again, just like everybody else... 

I take psychedelics and actually, I don't deny this. Although I have no idea what Ram Dass really means with "psychic toxicity in the medulla", that could be total hogwash, I'm open to the possibility. Because indeed I don't actually see anyone who woke up on a trip and completely "stayed" there. Even Martin Ball, probably the best example for psychedelic awakening, got his weird insomnia mental hell thing some time after. For me personally, practically speaking and for lack of a better phrasing, awakenings on psychedelics have stayed with me like 50%. Thoughts memories distinctions biases are once again generated but the Truth is known. Less thoughts, less suffering, more lighthearted, less constricted, very easy to feel and be Empty. More and more identification with context instead of content. Everything happening within me and carrying this into hustle and bustle more and more. This all stayed. Reinforce and deepen with daily awareness of awareness and everything should be gucci.

Good news is, whatever the case is in this subjective relative domain we're verbally discussing (thoughts talking to thoughts about thoughts comparing thoughts), the thoughts and stories generated can, like everything, simply be used as a springboard into Truth. Where are these thoughts coming from, what's really behind it, who is disturbed by this? Oh yeah, no one here. Empty awareness. Created by Nothing. As always. That's right, cool.

Edited by Display_Name