Emotionalmosquito

Linguistically slaughtered by hot female rashie on different forum

22 posts in this topic

She is supposedly a psychotherapist, neuroscientist and skeptic who opens every thread with a picture of Elizabeth Debicki claiming to be similar in looks as to make herself a more salient character in the minds of the forum's users. 

Her main objective is to give advice on topics such as dating, lifestyle, emotional struggles and socialization; and the advice is generally really good. But when I come along speaking of things that could help but are outside of the current scientific paradigm, I get intellectually sliced to bacon strips and end up looking half retarded. To be specific, here are my main points that immediately get rejected: 

• Sexuality is dynamic. It can be channeled and used in other ways besides kink and procreation. Thus intercourse is not an absolute requirement.

• Psychedelic therapy is the most effective tool we have to treat all manner of mental health issues, save schizophrenia and other psychoses. (To this she says the best studies she has seen show only a short improvement in mood disorders then quickly loses momentum and does nothing.)

• If you tie your fulfillment to things that happen in the outer world, you'll constantly be at the mercy of an ever changing environment. This will lead you in endless circles, forever chasing phantoms of false promises. So the smartest course of action is to train yourself to be at total peace with nothing because nothing  can never be taken away.

To these points I usually get responses like: "My inner peace would do badly without air." "If you don't understand the need for sex, you have no business preaching pseudo freudian nofap theories." "If psychedelics were any more efficient than current therapy methods they would be used, but they aren't so they aren't." Right. Even though I've linked numerous resources suggesting the contrary and have the irrefutable truth on my side, because my opponent is 10x faster and more articulate than me, I end up looking like a new age puddle of neuro soup.

This individual has much more influence and a much louder voice than anyone on that forum. From what I understand she occasionally gives public speeches at seminars full of brilliant people. And has even tried mushrooms herself and spoken at length with others who did. "Yes it's amazing but it has very little significance in the real world. All you're doing is disrupting your brain state for a while and nothing more."

This is more frustrating than I care to admit. Part of me thinks I should just let the whole thing go. But I also know how useful this is as debate practice. So any advice on how I could get this person cornered next debate, or any ideas on points I should raise  would be greatly appreciated. 

Do you really want to waste your energy on preaching green/yellow/turqoise to an entire orange forum? No matter your proof or articulate skills, they won't have it. That's what it means to be orange. I'd say there are better places to help people discover the truth than to be a lone wolf on an orange forum. Good luck if it's something you'd like to pursue anyways, I'm sure other people can help you better with how to debate this person.

@Thomas_VH

It does seem like quite the waste of energy at times. The thing is, the forum we're talking about here is occupied by different types of folks with many different world views, mostly depending on what branch of the forum you're on. So it's not really all orange. I've seen very advanced ways of thinking there. And the person in question, by my knowledge of SD would rank at high orange. The place seems like fertile ground for discussion of new ideas. Knowing these things makes me feel like something productive could come of it.

@Emotionalmosquito

Curious, what’s this forum?

Anyway good luck with this hot female rashie (what’s a rashie?)

You can’t lose an argument if you have the truth on your side, just stick to the facts and don’t deviate

Think through what it is you believe, look at the evidence, purposefully attempt to poke holes in your arguments, look at all perspectives, and then argue after you’ve done a good job polishing up your thought process

2 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

This is more frustrating than I care to admit. Part of me thinks I should just let the whole thing go. But I also know how useful this is as debate practice. So any advice on how I could get this person cornered next debate, or any ideas on points I should raise  would be greatly appreciated. 

Stop debating. You are better than that, and you know it which is why you brought up "letting it go". Debating is a Stage Orange (and even Green) close-minded dick measuring contest. There is very little fruit to be drawn from it, if any. What you spend time on is having discussions with those who are willing to learn because they aren't satisfied with their current knowledge.

People wonder why progress is so slow for humanity - well it's because of people smashing heads and spinning mud in the tires through debate and confrontation. Trying to convince other people of things and preaching to them just breeds resistance and keeps them stuck.

Help those who are ready and leave the rest to become ready on their own.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

29 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

@Emotionalmosquito

Curious, what’s this forum?

Anyway good luck with this hot female rashie (what’s a rashie?) 

The forum is 4chan if you must know. xD

Rashie - Derogatory for "rationalist"

Awesome advice. It's always good to know the counter arguments that way you can see what's coming. And yes, I have been tempted to deviate from main points because it seemed like I was losing.

I'll be sure not to do that.

@Roy You make a very strong case. The thing to consider is the forum we're talking about contains many people who are fed up with the old and ready for new stuff. And I'm almost certain that at least a few anons recognize the truth in my posts. But this opponent I'm fighting does not, and is proficient at making things look like I'm losing badly. She lumps everything that doesn't fit perfectly within the established system as superstition or pseudoscience. And by doing so, throws the baby out with the bath water big time when it comes to psychedelic therapy and eastern traditions.

Just stop wasting time and energy

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

2 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Rashie - Derogatory for "rationalist"

picard_facepalm.jpg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Welcome to Paradigm Lock.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Oh, I see ?

46 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Just stop wasting time and energy

It's only a waste if nothing good comes of it.

If as little as one person opens his or her mind to infinite possibility, it's anything but a waste.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

picard_facepalm.jpg

Yes. The place has a terrible stigma and rightfully so. But not all of it's discussion boards are equally toxic. There are people there who are open to new ideas. I know because I basically grew up on 4chan so gimme a break.

Majority vote is I abandon the effort altogether. Instead I'll give it one more go with stronger arguments and if it leads nowhere, I let it go for good.

"A fool who persists in his folly becomes wise."

IMG_6493.PNG

55 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

It's only a waste if nothing good comes of it.

Cmon, you're doing it for fun, just admit it. Nothing wrong with that :)

Don't cast your pearls before swine.

10 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

"My inner peace would do badly without air."

Wim Hof disagrees. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

In school we used to joke "Repetition is the mother of knowledge and the father of stupor". This was the best translation I found online.

I guess this rephrases Einstein's "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result".

In this case the best solution would be to just ignore her. Answer to people who show an interest in this.

@Emotionalmosquito if I was in your position I would ask myself the following blunt questions:

• Am I debating for sport, fun, to get a kick out of it?
  • Am I addicted to the drama of the situation?
  • Am I being triggered by people not listening to me?
  • Am I being triggered by someone more intelligent than me (are they playing with me for their amusement)?
  • Am I being triggered by someone I think is more attractive than me (and you feel inferior in some way)?
  • Am I being triggered by people not showing me love?
  • Have I outgrown the group I thought I belonged to?

And so on.

57% paranoid

Ask yourself why you care and let go of that need (presumably some childhood wound, needing to feel significance through debate).

No good will come of prolonged discussions on that website.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:56 PM, Leo Gura said:

Don't cast your pearls before swine.

That's a good rule of thumb. But from another angle it could also be said that out of every hundred swine, there may be one or two ready for a new way. "From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow."

On 6/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Cmon, you're doing it for fun, just admit it. Nothing wrong with that :)

There is a little fun in it, sure. But mostly I'm just doing it to plant seeds and prepare for future debates. Arguing with such a scholarly word witch is great for sharpening those skills. I get to learn from mistakes anonymously. Like making sure you fully understand the opponent's position before advancing, and controlling rage which probably shows up in some of my posts.

23 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

it could also be said that out of every hundred swine, there may be one or two ready for a new way.

4chan is all swine.

17 hours ago, LastThursday said:

@Emotionalmosquito if I was in your position I would ask myself the following blunt questions:

• Am I debating for sport, fun, to get a kick out of it? To some degree for sure.
  • Am I addicted to the drama of the situation? Yes
  • Am I being triggered by people not listening to me? Not so much this one because the main person I'm interacting with  listens just fine.
  • Am I being triggered by someone more intelligent than me (are they playing with me for their amusement)?Yes. And I'm really starting to wonder if I've simply fallen prey to an insanely elaborate troll.
  • Am I being triggered by someone I think is more attractive than me (and you feel inferior in some way)?Yes but much more so with intelligence than attractiveness.
  • Am I being triggered by people not showing me love? Not really. My core objective here is to bring invaluable info to someone supposedly in a high position and much larger reach. Secondary objective to impress myself.@Rilles
  • Have I outgrown the group I thought I belonged to? Most likely yes.

And so on.

Great questions. ⬆️ Those are the first answers that come to mind. Although I might discover more with contemplation.

On 6/3/2020 at 0:19 AM, Rilles said:

Wim Hof disagrees. 

So does this guy

IMG_6461.PNG