Someone here

how to disprove solipsism ?

346 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Member said:

Reality is made of you, so solipsism is actually spot on. There are not two things such as "reality" and "you" because you are reality.

Solipsism is a belief, like Santa clause. I say there is a Santa clause. Now, disapprove my belief. Ya can’t. Because it’s a belief to begin with. Why in the world would anyone believe such a belief? 

Fear. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What if its a more complicated type of solipsism?The infinite universe growing perspective like a tree grows leafs. Looking at itself unaware it is itself. It just is everything that can be, coming from nothingness. Imagine you can grow ears or more eyes. Don't you think god can do this and forget itself? I mean what is limiting it really.

48 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

In any dream, nobody is conscious except the dreamer.

Exactly. Unless this is more than a dream, that´s it. 

48 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Solipsism is a belief, like Santa clause. I say there is a Santa clause. Now, disapprove my belief. Ya can’t. Because it’s a belief to begin with. Why in the world would anyone believe such a belief? 

Fear. 

@Nahm That´s true. I also would say that in my case Solipsism feels great for my ego as a defense mechanism. Yet beliving that the other bodies that I see, there is a Consciousness being aware of those bodies and seeing through those 2 eyes, that is also a belief. Why in the world would anyone believe such a belief? 

44 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Fear. 

It's frightening to realize that you're the only one existing right here, right now, so actually the denial of being entirely alone is a product of fear. Belief could be anything, even reality itself. If you believe in something strongly enough, it can materialize in front of your eyes - be it hallucination, dream or a tangible thing. Reality is not shared, it is created by YOU.

28 minutes ago, Member said:

It's frightening to realize that you're the only one existing right here, right now, so actually the denial of being entirely alone is a product of fear. Belief could be anything, even reality itself. If you believe in something strongly enough, it can materialize in front of your eyes - be it hallucination, dream or a tangible thing. Reality is not shared, it is created by YOU.

Yes i have experienced this existential terror and loneliness. If i'm god i will hallucinate forever. Think of it this way, I will never accept myself as this lonely mind in a void(i have experienced that hell too yes).   Deep sleep i thought always was my real self, It is empty of anything, everything including a self. I have been that empty before. However it might be that we are all this empty awareness talking to itself through puppets. Everytime i indulge in meditation and psychedelics, especially with friends, it feels as if im talking to myself. They are me in another body.... 

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/d7dfur/iv_realized_we_are_god_and_life_is_a_dream/

Edited by Bulgarianspirit

The thing is that solipsism as such is a position held by the mind. Whether someone attacks it or defends it doesn't really matter. "Battles are lost in the same spirit in which they are won."

Because it's a content vs. structure thing. The problem is not so much with the content as with the structure. As a structure (i.e. a mental position), it is no different from any other -ism. Including materialism. A world view is a world view is a world view. Truth is not a world view, world views are what (seemingly) obscure truth.

So at most it is yet another device for deconstruction, thorn removing another thorn (such as the one that says there are multiple consciousnesses "out there"). Not a place to rest your head.

One has to wonder also if his ego mind is the only one... Wouldn't enlightment be harder to achieve? Hidden? Wouldn't every enlightened person become instantly depressed after this realization?  

Imagine a monk and the Buddha. The monk becomes enlightened and asks the Buddha:

Monk:Buddha I'm the only one, it's only me?

Buddha:Yes it has always been you.

Monk:How depressing. I want to forget again. Might as well just suicide.

Buddha:You can't die you only change forms.

Monk:Damm.

And why would people promote Nirvana, Heaven,God realization if it is so bleak? It doesn't make sense honestly. Wouldn't all this stuff not exist if the ego mind is the only one?

All i wanted i guess was the Christian heaven lol. I got something much weirder and scarier while searching for this so called "God".

You can't run away from yourself i guess.

1 hour ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

Yes i have experienced this existential terror and loneliness. If i'm god i will hallucinate forever. Think of it this way, I will never accept myself as this lonely mind in a void(i have experienced that hell too yes).   Deep sleep i thought always was my real self, It is empty of anything, everything including a self. I have been that empty before. However it might be that we are all this empty awareness talking to itself through puppets. Everytime i indulge in meditation and psychedelics, especially with friends, it feels as if im talking to myself. They are me in another body.... 

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/d7dfur/iv_realized_we_are_god_and_life_is_a_dream/

It is terror because you're afraid of your own greatness and 99% of humans have developed the Stockholm syndrome. We have been taught that our existence is pointless and we're too small, too weak. This is not a dream, it is a nightmare that needs to end.

Btw, really cool experience... thanks for sharing!

38 minutes ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

All i wanted i guess was the Christian heaven lol. I got something much weirder and scarier while searching for this so called "God".

You can't run away from yourself i guess.

There's no reason to run from you. You deserve all the Love and you will get it sooner or later.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

Fear. 

Give me an example of something that is not a belief. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

I know dude everyone deserves the love they need in this life. 

In my experience god is the void,but it imagined it's the godhead,fracturing it's consciousness,creating this light self that people experience full of love and light. Beyond it lies the dark part of god, the void and emptiness. I think we always reach it when in deep sleep. 

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I am alive is not a belief for most people.  Our lives are built upon belief. Time,space, others. Spiritual work questions everything and reveals it's all consciousness. It really is a radical viewpoint.

If the monk thinks it's just him, he is wrong. It has nothing to do with the monk.

Just now, Johnny5 said:

If the monk thinks it's just him, he is wrong. It has nothing to do with the monk.

Yes, the monk's ego mind is only but a thought in god's infinite consciousness.

17 minutes ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

I'm my experience god is the void,but it imagined it's the godhead,fracturing it's consciousness

You are god. God spreading light for the people to experience 'it' makes two things and you do not exist outside of/apart from it.

You = reality.

Edited by Member

@Bulgarianspirit thanks but that question was directed towards @Nahm

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

26 minutes ago, Member said:

You are god. God spreading light for the people to experience 'it' makes two things and you do not exist outside of/apart from it.

You = reality.

Well yeah i mean we are all reality,but there is the illusion and experience of separation and separate entities with illusory free will having an experience.It's actually one awareness creating and having all these experiences. Talking to itself as BulgarianSpirit and Member. I think the separation happens as the little parts loose awareness of the whole. Thats why for example when Leo becomes infinite his awareness encompasses the whole. Maybe if all the small awarenessess remember they are god, it has fully remembered itself.Looking at itself from all these viewpoints. However i think that won't happen. The whole point is the illusion of separation,of other.To have any experience one must have other and a world.How can one know what he is without this contrast?

57 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Truth.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

All of you that are replying to this thread are not conscious at the same time.

God is living your life right now as if he pulled it from a rack of “greatest hits”. One life at a time, until it lives all lives.

I am not happening at the same time as you, were both the same being happening in different lifetimes.

There is no one conscious but you right now.

9 minutes ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

Well yeah i mean we are all reality,but there is the illusion and experience of separation and separate entities with illusory free will having an experience.It's actually one awareness creating and having all these experiences. Talking to itself as BulgarianSpirit and Member. I think the separation happens as the little parts loose awareness of the whole. Thats why for example when Leo becomes infinite his awareness encompasses the whole. Maybe if all the small awarenessess remember they are god, it has fully remembered itself.Looking at itself from all these viewpoints. However i think that won't happen. The whole point is the illusion of separation,of other.

You are whatever you are at the moment. The fragmented parts you're talking about are not fragmented from the God's point of view. God does not suffer from split personality and it is not some alien void that pervades all of space and moves the human avatars like puppets. When God realizes itself, it becomes the moment and starts to consciously create.