Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayG84

WHO is the YOU giving advice on this forum?

24 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

This way of imagining or thinking can help because you're stuck on your current one. Imagine that there isn't a you or a me, but we are this interaction itself, in this very moment, which if we try to pinpoint, doesn't exist. There isn't a you or a me, but a space in between, a space that encompasses everything. Think of us as a woven net. We think that we are the holes between the threads of the net, never considering that that shape that we perceive in the net is actually nothingness itself. If one thread in the net is pulled, all the other holes in the net tighten and adjust. The ones closest to it seem to be more affected and visibly change shape and the others further away less so, but the net is one. Everything you seem to do or think affects everyone else, even if they are too far away to be conscious of the effects. 

What purpose do others serve in my illusion is like asking from the perspective of a hole in the fabric of the net, what the other holes in the fabric of the net have to do with me? Well the answer is they aren't at all. They are one empty space, or one net.

Thanks, that is a very helpful explaination of how it works.

So there is some "realness" to our actions. Like the butterfly effect for lack of a better model. Everything we do has a ripple reaction in the rest of consciousness. That is how we are all connected?

I don't think trying to understand it using the word "Illusion" helps me very much. Because "real" or not, it is still manifested by consciousness right? So that should be our baseline. Just like materialists use "Matter" as the baseline for their understanding of reality. But reality still IS. And "We", as in, probes that consciousness has manifested to understand itself, still have an effect on our and other's "reality".

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Meditate, let resistance go. Trade ten thousand thoughts of what it is, for a single impulse of what you want. Enjoy.

This is intersting. I like the concept of manifesting realities. Could you elaborate on this please? How would this work? What type of meditation would I have to practice? I practice mindfulness, and self-inquiry, but I don't think It'll take me to this level. 

31 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

You get the power to ‘open’ people up as you become more awake. Some peoples life can be ‘destroyed’ from a single encounter with you as it challenges their whole way of life.

Exactly. I once heard a story about a guy that got super mad and he blew up at a pretty chill dude for doing the most insignificant thing that wasn't "proper" according to his socal rules. The chill dude just looked at him, smiled, and said "Jeez, you got some stuff going on inside you, huh?" 

The angry guy had his whole world shatter after that encounter. He had never looked inward before in his life, and just the simple act of forcing someone to focus his awareness to the source of his anger, opened up a journey of self-discovery and relieving of suffering.

So some people may need to have their world shattered. But you never know how someone's ego might react.