Tom T

What have been your top 3 struggles along the path towards enlightenment?

50 posts in this topic

@zeroISinfinity You project your struggles onto seekers in general. Just because you struggle doesn't mean that all will struggle.

I think my biggest struggle was self-judgement. All else was side-effects.

@Raptorsin7 I still notice smaller patterns of judgement. It's just that I don't buy into it now. It seems rather innocent.

Imo, the way to transcend judgement is to develop an ability to feel empathy and compassion towards the one who judges and is being judged.

17 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@zeroISinfinity You project your struggles onto seekers in general. Just because you struggle doesn't mean that all will struggle.

My take. 

Want facing actual Truth. One Infinite Love  or playing spiritual games? 

With "others" "religions" "mystical states" "leo" etc? 

You are this forum my man. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

My top three:

- Fear of losing it/insanity. -- To the point of getting scared this body just ends it all (in a sense of losing the survival instinct & understanding it makes no difference for who I really am). Top tip: When exploring deeply, avoid narrow bridges (it was completely coincidental, but a horrible idea in that state!)

- Uncertainty/unknown.

- Accepting I don't have anything (nor ever had). -- Although it did help realising afterwards that I cannot not be what I already/truly am.

@zeroISinfinity remember what you're experiencing isn't an integral part of waking up. It is what is happening there, You are untouched by the drama. Love is always fresh, you can't know it, you cant pin it down. No words and descriptions comes close to it, it is innocent and it gets corrupted by confusing the concepts of "it" for the truth of "it". 

Edited by traveler

Ignorance

Selfishness

More ignorance

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Aren’t you the fella constantly oogling and drooling all over chicks without restraint? 

Will rather choose taking VR headset off and not being aware of anything for eternity. 

The level of transparency required

Admitting to and making peace with sides of yourself you'd rather not. 

Emotional torture. 

Other than that the enlightenment path is fun once you get used to it.

Edited by Artaemis

32 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

@Victor Mgazi

You might find this video helpful

Thanks for sharing. Wow, mind opening stuff. 

@Meta-Man I relate to the journalist more. 

How does one not want anything? I'd also be perplexed if someone told me this, and probably laugh out of pure disbelief. “You don't want anything?!” Lol

But okay, if that's the case then that's the case.

Of course I mean emotional torture in the positive sense.  Like how working out at the gym can be torturous.

Edited by Artaemis

29 minutes ago, Dutch guy said:

According to A. H. Almaas a physicist and eclectic spiritualist, the nondual brings freedom from constrictions of self. But the self is also very important. He finds that the nondual people are often too one sided and skip the teachings for the individual and therefor skip a lot of valuable teachings. Maybe it would be nice for you too have input from somebody who has developed himself that broad eclectic and deep like him.

Yes actually it is true. Non dual people skips teaching, Thats the reason why so called prophets (Jesus, Muhammed, Buddah and Mosa) are leaders of billion of people. According to zen stage 9 (returning the source) represents people, who reached wisdom of duality and duality, that is oneness. And final stage is 10 (  Entering the Marketplace with Helping Hands) represents people who are like prophets, because they embody oneness, self is completely gone and they are here for help. 

Therefore, even so called enlightened masters are stuck at stage 9, because they have still some self or even they are selfless , if they see something that can bring them ego back, they will not help you. Or they are stuck in nothingness or non duality. That shows they couldn’t comprehend the oneness, they just did it for them side not for the others. They forgot that if they didn’t have ego, they never can able to find themselves.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

10 minutes ago, Dutch guy said:

He quotes Dogen that with enlightenment there are still delusions

It is you, you are or i am the creator thats it. This world is My imagination and I created from nothing and i am not even here , what can be better illusion then this world? Words are not even exist, it is just a sound , and i have a self and ability understand the sound as word. 

10 minutes ago, Dutch guy said:

I think thats not the point of Almaas. He stressed the importance as ego also. He had a time were he thought not to practice anymore. But practices again and gets new understandings still.

Ego is important only for self purposes. When you hit the non duality and you realize everything. You will see that there is nothing to learn anymore, you are it. Only think left is helping others, who is you again. Ego wants to learn more, he forgets the moment of non duality that mean is ego took place. So he is not so called enlightened or never experienced non duality. 

Edited by James123

2 minutes ago, Dutch guy said:

You need organs to experience. There has to be maturation. Well what matures?

I am not even in the body. This entire place is me. When body dies, i will be just right here and exist as nothing. I wont die or born. You think you are seeing something, you dont see anything now. You are with yourself right here. Body is the illusion that makes you think that you are seeing from your eye. NO. When you die, you will be right here and and see yourself and look at yourself as nothing. 

He can just discover duality . I don’t recommend him, because you will be lost within fantasy of duality.

@Dutch guy cool brother. It is nice to learn new things too. Of course, go for it. I just believe, learning with no thoughts is the most efficient and successful way to reach the truth.  

-Family

-chronic fatigue 

-depression

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

My favourite part on the path: Being a beginner again. Forgetting it all. 

1. Persistent long lasting depression and anxiety (thankfully subsided, but permanently changed my outlook).

2. Climbing out of the pit of my own mental programming (still scrabbling out of it). Letting things go and accepting.

3. Realising and loving the perfection and beauty in everything including myself - without trying to make it all perfect (still working on that).

And sort of on the list, is becoming aware that a life without struggle is no life at all.

Edited by LastThursday

57% paranoid