Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don

I Became Conscious

2 posts in this topic

Hello.

Consciousness changes everything.

When I became conscious for the first time, I became another person. I was completely changed. I was able to see the problems I didn't know I had; impulsiveness, unconsciousness, negative mood swings, ADHD, social anxiety, and different forms of depression.

After I became conscious of my issues, I wanted to find out ways to get rid of them. After a whine, I understood that emotional maturity implies acceptance, which means the ability to be okay with every negative emotion that bubbles up from the unconscious mind.

At first, it was hard to accept what means to be mature from an emotional standpoint. It took me a while to embrace emotional maturity. Then I started to practice it, which implies mindfulness. Every single time I was in a bad mood, I allowed it to manifest itself fully until it passed. I did that every time and after a relatively long period of time, those negative mood swings began to dissipate. I started to catch fire in terms of equanimity. When you're persistent enough, you start to experience change.

A lot of you guys could become better at emotional mastery. Your moods could improve significantly for the better if you trust that practice will bring you real change. All it takes is to remind yourself that better days are coming.

When you become conscious for the first time, you have a tendency to despair. You see that consciousness can be a lot to handle. It's the phase of "The Dark Night of the Soul" that gets very dark. It will pass in a few months if you remain mindful and allow this phase to manifest.

These are my thoughts for the night.

Let me know if you went through one or more of my experiences.

Edited by The Don
To remove a word from a sentence.

Me on the road less traveled.

It's interesting you say this phase pases in a few months, in my case I would say I've been in this "dark night of the soul" the last 4 years it seems it never ends, but maybe it's because I have a very strong ego.

Thank god in between I get glimpses of the truth that I am a fictional character. That makes it bearable, that God takes a peek from here to there.

Sometimes I wonder if really was a good choice to go out my basement playing videogames to know the world, since that moment I start becoming conscious of all of my demons, before I was so unconscious I was happy (ignorance is bliss?)

But I guess this life was the one I was suppose to awaken from the dream, yeah. (Oh wait, now they say past lives are imaginary).

Hey. Good luck with you processs brother! Happy for you you are making progress, it looks like it!

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.