Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mert

Merging the Nothing and Something/Being

9 posts in this topic

I feel like I need some insights to advance in my consciousness work. I am at the point where I can recognize the "Nothing/Consciousness/Emptiness" behind the experience but I'm having a hard time merging the two. Because almost all teachers say that(including Leo) that nothing is in the experience right now. But I feel like the experience is real and it's not nothing/consciousness but it's occurring in nothing/consciousness. How can I collapse this duality? I really would like to hear something about this.

1 hour ago, Mert said:

How can I collapse this duality?

Only via a profound and shocking awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Contemplation of experience. Try to see that much of  what you consider to be perception is actually perception + conception. Try to dissect and understand which part is perception and which conception. Try to understand that you've never experienced anything more than these two things. Contemplation is the most conducive action to understanding. Best wishes.

Edited by ShivaShakti

@ShivaShakti I think I already got that part. My problem is getting that perception is actual nothingness. 

@Leo Gura Yeah I figured that it would be the case. My mind feels like its gonna explode when I meditate on this. Right now this duality became my comfort zone but I just intuit that a lot of things will resolve if I just take the next step. I intuit that it's pretty shocking.

Edited by Mert

If you remove all concepts then everything you can possibly perceive becomes one giant thing. We apply concepts to perception to  divide it. If you could temporarily remove your ability to access concepts then everything you perceive would become one giant thing. Only that one thing would be nothing if you didn't apply a concept to it. It is concepts that turns perception into something. 

I understand that but I think I'm referring to something else. I get to the raw sensations without concepts. So you might say that when you don't conceptualize it, it's nothing but that's not the Nothingness/Emptiness I am talking about. Maybe another way of saying is that I'm trying to become conscious that what I'm looking at right now is nothing but empty consciousness. That's a very advanced I thing.

Edited by Mert

To transcend the intellect I would recommend first contemplating it and getting an understanding of what it is and what it depends upon to operate. Then afterwards you can better use some techniques to temporarily halt its activity repeatedly until you find what you're looking for, although to maximise your chances of success I would recommend starting with what is often called mindfulness meditation (attempting to create a space between awareness and thoughts) 

@Mert you must not try to merge anything, because you are already it. In order to reach that level, i believe, sitting in completely darkness, silence and focusing on the breath are the one of the most efficient way to do it. Because, you think you are human, have a family or job vs.... You learned these informations and believe in them. Thats the reason why you are thinking now. You are alive in your thoughts and in order to reach non duality, firstly you have to work on slowing down the monkey mind. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."